MLS CUP DC Supporters Section Ticket Ordering Info FOR ALL (Hotel Info Also Included)

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by gocaps, Nov 7, 2004.

1. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    Through our ticket rep in LA (who is actually a DC fan, believe it or not), we have an entire section behind one goal at the Home Depot Center to ourselves. 200 seats - and there are more tix available if need be.

The price is $25 per ticket FOR ALL FANS. SEs, BB, LN, whoever. $25, that's your price. The tickets will be in your name at the Will Call window at the Home Depot Center.

For some reason, there's some Galaxians out there selling $35 seats in a corner section (the opposite corner from our goal) for Eastern Conference traveling fans. For obvious reasons, that section is not where you want to be. The seats aren't as good, they're more expensive, and at least 50 DC fans have already gotten their tix behind the goal! :)

Send e-mail to roadtrips@screaming-eagles.com to order.

PLEASE try to get your order in by Thursday night.

We're sold out of air packages to LA for the weekend, but we still have plenty of room available at our hotel for ground packages, which include 3 nights hotel stay (double occupancy on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights) and a match ticket.

If you are interested in fewer nights than three, that can definitely be arranged, and you'll save $25-50 on the price. Send e-mail to roadtrips@screaming-eagles.com and I'll quote you a price.

Ground Packages (3 nights hotel stay, match ticket):
    $225 for members
    $250 for non-members

HOTEL INFORMATION:
    Best Western Sunrise at Redondo Beach Marina
    400 North Harbor Drive
    Redondo Beach, CA 90277
    http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/propertyMain.do?group=false&propertyCode=05413&disablenav=

GROUND TRANSPORTATION
    Getting around out there is up to you, we can help pair up people to share cars if needed.

TO MAKE A RESERVATION
    Send an email to roadtrips@screaming-eagles.com OR call (202) 544-6744 and leave a message in the roadtrips mailbox.

PAYMENT
    You can pay via paypal, send payment to payments@screaming-eagles.com.

I expect to see all of you out there. Old-timers like me have been waiting 5 years for this, and you new-schoolers have never seen United in a final. So get your tickets NOW!

2. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    ... Mod's Note ...

I'm going to sticky this for a few days. I expect there'll be a lot of traffic on the board and I don't think this thread should get bumped to the bottom of the page. I know folks will be looking for it.

Please re-light the lightbulb periodically. People often ignore stuck threads. It's counter-intuitive but true.

Also, if you're just looking for general travel information and/or information about DC United get-togethers and happenings in LA then please see The MLS Cup Travel Information Thread - otherwise known as the "The I'm Going To LA Thread."

3. galaxycrazy

galaxycrazy New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Just wanted to clarify that neither I nor any member of the Galaxians is selling the tickets, that is the section that MLS and the Galaxy decided to set aside for the East Coast team's supporters. This was done as a courtesy to make sure there were tickets available for which ever team made it to MLS Cup.

I agree with you about where fans should buy their tickets, if I were a DC fan I'd buy my tickets where other DC fans will be.

4. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    Thanks galaxycrazy. That was a bit odd to see after we'd already set up a section through the Galaxy's ticket office. Methinks the right hand of MLS/Galaxy FO isn't talking very well to the left.

5. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: MLS CUP DC Supporters Section Ticket Ordering Info FOR ALL (Hotel Info Also Inclu

PAYMENTS:

Along with paypal you can also send us a check (needs to reach us by Thurs Nov 11, ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE IN BY NOV 12, we will hold up your ticket or hotel if we don't have your $).

You can send checks to

Screaming Eagles, Inc.
    Attn Roadtrips
    PO Box 15878
    Washington, DC 20003

K

6. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Just an FYI for folks who are interested in going to the Supporters' Summit - it's being held at:

Hampton Inn
    767 East Albertoni Street
    Carson, CA 90746
    310-768-8833

If you call and mention "Galaxians" you can get a rate of $75.00 / night. The hotel is about 500 yards north of the Home Depot Center.

See page two of this thread:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147106

and ignore the crap from the Rapids fan. :)

7. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    light it up.

Get into DCU supporter section. Scattered people are nothing, loud united section stacks odds in our favor.

8. snsj4

snsj4 New Member

Oct 3, 2001
    O.C. ,California
    i'm from socal, and i was wonder if you were selling tickets?

9. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Two words: toilet paper.

One more word if Meola is back to fitness: donuts.

10. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    Orders have been pouring in, guys. I promise to get back to everyone individually via e-mail ASAP, but understand that I'm having some computer problems at home (damn hidden spyware apps), so I'll respond on my powerful gub'ment computer during work hours.

11. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: MLS CUP DC Supporters Section Ticket Ordering Info FOR ALL (Hotel Info Also Inclu

FINALLY, my tax dollars at work!
    ;)

K

12. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Check first post in thread :)

13. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga

14. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

15. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    Exactly. Maybe if you Metrofans filled your seats instead of whining about your team, we wouldn't be able to sit where we do at Giants Stadium.

And, for the record, 4Winds is probably a newbie. Outside of one match in 1999, it wasn't until last year that we started being able to get seats behind the goal at Giants Stadium.

16. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Bring few hundred people and I'm sure they'll acomodate you like Meadowlands/HDC are doing. Money talks, BS walks and I don't mean big soccer.

Thanks for bump tho ;)

17. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    It's also helped by the factors that this is not a match where season ticket holders (i.e. La Norte) have reserved seating, and there is no true home team that is doing the seating.

If traveling fans want a better section in a condensed stadium such as RFK, maybe they should plan their road trips further in advance.

18. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had 'em in the second match in '98, too, although that was a weeknight with just 14K in the house. That was my first SE roadtrip. Heck, we even had the tarp around and behind us blocking off the surrounding sections. I guess if we hadn't been there, it'd have been all tarp on that end.

19. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    I just discovered through the magic of Yahoo Maps that our hotel is within walking distance of two very lucky liquor stores :)

All I have to say is:

[​IMG]

20. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Why would you want a closer view of watching your team getting crushed again?

21. Cantankerous

Cantankerous New Member

Apr 15, 2003
    United country
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See, some stadiums, like RFK, and unlike the Swamp, have fans who show up all the time. They get to choose their seats. That doesn't leave room for the once-a-year types like you. Shame, but there it is.

Second, special events like MLS Cup can sell every seat in the stadium, since there are no season ticket holder seats to hold back. You'd know that if you'd ever been to such an event.

22. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    OK, folks, I'm going to Chicago on business this morning (Tuesday). I'll be back in DC around 7:30 tonight, so don't be alarmed if you don't see any response e-mails today. I'll try and get through all of them tonight.

23. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    unless the laws have changed since i lived there, you can buy booze in a grocery store or 7-11, one need not look for a pure "liquor" store.

24. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Rob is right.

Besides, why waste your time looking for a liquor store when you can go look for the hotel where the Wizards are staying? :D

25. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, a civilized society. Gotta love the blue states :)

I only remember the liquor stores last year in Long Beach. But there was one every 3 blocks, closer as the neighborhood got seedier....... of course I didn't go into any of the grocery stores, there was a strike.