Offseason player movement: RAMPANT SPECULATION

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by NotAbbott, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you thought it was 6 then you thought wrong, it is 12.

2. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Re: Conspiracy Theory

But Ironically you are probably a big Ante Razov fan.
    Players with talent that can make things happen are the kind of players that teams need. You don't have to worry about it anyway since there is no way in hell they would let him go anyway.

3. partycentral

partycentral Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Naperville
    thanks for the correction.

4. Marchetti

Marchetti Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Chicago->STL->Denver
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

Are you really saying that Ante and Guevara are alike? How?
    I suppose they both play similarly, but if you are saying that Ante acts the same way Guevara does, then, well, you must not be going to Soldier Field on game days cause you're mistaken. Ante, while in the past has been antsy, is in NO WAY similar to Guevara in the 'whining and diving' category.

5. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL

They aren't similiar yet very much the same. Ante has a lot of 'issues'. If he were on another team Fire fans would make similiar statements to the one you made. The point being, people learn to tolerate things like that when the player is on their own team IF he is a very good and productive player. As Ante was and as Guevarra is. Do you think Landon Donavan doesn't dive and whine and carry on as much as Guevarra? Would not want him on our team either? There's nothing wrong with being a homer. It's a good thing. But it can also you make you blind to facts.

As for your silly comment about going to Soldier Field. I've missed 5 home games since the team was founded. How many have you gone to? Before you answer that go back and read the last three sentences, realize how stupid and childish something like that sounds and then learn not to make statements like that anymore.

6. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    bump. anyone?

7. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    It's a tossup for me between the guys who just didn't make the list, but probably Jaqua and Whitfield, because they both play two positions, then Boucicaut and the other keeper, then Pause. After that, I don't know that I care so much.

I see your point about trade value, but a lot of that is contingent on what we realistically think we can get back. If it's just draft picks -- and despite the fact that we turned that down at the deadline for Thornton, there's a long history of having to settle for just picks even though you think you've got massive trade value -- we almost might as well let two keepers go to expansion. Then we continue to develop our current picks from the last couple of years, which I think is important in light of what I'm getting at in the new column on the official site. Unless we think the draft is going to be particularly strong this year or next.

Later,
    COZ

8. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  9. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    found myself the current socceramerica listing for USMNT camp says Razov, Whitfield, CJ Brown all out of contract

http://www.socceramerica.com/article.asp?Art_ID=562135283

bunch of quotes from Sarachan

10. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
  11. Marchetti

Marchetti Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Chicago->STL->Denver
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  12. xkimo_fire

xkimo_fire New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Iowa
    What about using the KC theory.
    You have players like Meola and Preki and you leave them off your protected list and put out the word that they won't sign with anyone else. That way no one picks them up.

I think that could work with Marsh, but is there anyone else?

13. Bigdudeduke

Bigdudeduke New Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Chicago Suburbs
    Like I said, "My mind's dark regions". I don't recall mentioning that blood was actually running through the area, did I?

14. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Just like it worked for Hartmann and Pena :D

15. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    Why would he leave Bulgaria in the middle of a WCQ campaign to become an assistant coach at a club level. Also, MLS would never pay $2M for a coach. Total BS.

16. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    [​IMG]
    "Eees true?"