IMPORTANT! Election night drinking games

Discussion in 'Elections' started by sch2383, Oct 28, 2004.

1. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    My friends and I are having a party election night, but are stuck on the drinking games. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

2. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't think of anything that wouldn't make you pass out in the first five minutes. Then again, that might not be such a bad thing...

3. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    See, that is the problem we are running into. There was a Super Bowl party last year where some of the kids had to look up who won the next day, I don't think we want to go that far.

4. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every time some talking head infers that the pre-election polls didn't plan for (any unforeseen event), you drink. That should get you drunk within the first hour.

5. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Network specific:
    CBS: one drink for each Dan Rather metaphor for closeness
    NBC: finish drink when Tim Russert breaks out the whiteboard, one drink for each subsequent appearance of board. Each drink for reference to Tom Brokaw's last day on the job.

6. tog

tog Member

Oct 25, 2000
    Seattle
    Here's the one we used in 2000 and that I'm using again this year.

- Give everybody a sheet of all of the states and DC ahead of time.

- Each state should be given a percentage spread based on whatever poll you want to use (I'm using this one http://www.tripias.com/state/ , and accuracy isn't all that important, since you're betting against the spread).

- Everybody fills out their sheet, betting against the spread for each state. (Example: Kerry is favored in WA by 7%. If you pick Kerry and he wins the state by 6%, you drink. If you pick Bush, Kerry can still win by 6% or less or lose the state entirely, etc. This makes it a lot harder to predict the gimme states like California and Texas and encourages drinking)

- As a state is "called" by whatever network you chose as the authority for the night, you drink if you got it wrong.

==============

I make it themed: Busch Beer if it's a Bush state, Fish Tail Ail (which you probably can't get, but has a flipping and floppinf fish tail on the label) if Kerry wins. Do as you like.

You can chose the amount to dole out based on how drunk you want to get. We do a 3-oz. shot glass.

This keep the drinking going all night as returns come in across the nation and gets you buzzed all night without being blotto by 7 p.m.

7. John Galt

John Galt Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Atlanta
  8. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
  9. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alcohol is one of those thing that can bridge through ideological barriers.....
    sch2383, thanks for being a uniter, not divider.... :D

10. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    I do my best. We can all agree that regardless who wins, most people will be very, very drunk by 10 or 11 that night. :D

11. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
  12. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Every reference to a "hanging chad" deserves a drink.

13. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC