dissapeared 20'x30' US Flag

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Brushes Sand, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime
    Chicago People:

Somewhere, somehow, someone you know "misplaced" the
    20'x30' "baby-ass" US Flag, property of the North Jersey Brigade
    and Ed Kirwan.

The Hex is approaching. It is time for Chicago fans to step up,
    own up, and cough up the flag or the cash to replace it.

Who speaks for the Section 8 Sammers' Brigade in this matter?

What gives me the right to post this in your forum?

I've invested more than $1000 of my own money to purchase
    a composite of all 50 US State Flags (3x5) that will debut in the Hex.

That's what gives me the right.

Find Kirwan's flag, or come up with the cash to replace it.

The Hex is 3 months away.

Time is short.

-bs

2. Here it was on that day:

[​IMG]

3. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    If you're going to be a dick about it then blow it out yer pie hole.

4. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    This flag came in a box and was shipped through someone at US soccer I believe. After the game it was returned to the same box and taken away again by someone at US soccer. Section 8, to my knowledge, is not and has not been in possession of this flag since the day of the friendly. We were glad to pack it up and pass it back to US soccer but beyond that there isn't much we can do. Check with US soccer and see if they stowed it someplace. We were happy to do our part for the Nats and we did so with professionalism and courtesy for all US supporters. I'm sorry that your flag was lost but it was not because of irresponsibility on Section 8's part. Please contact the same person that you went through when you sent it. That person is responsible for the flag, whoever it was.

5. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime
    Yes, the maturity and quality of Chicago shines through.

-bs

6. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime

That's not how it works.

The local Sammer contingent is responsible for shipping the flag on to the
    next venue, to a specific contact. "US Soccer took it" is not an acceptable
    explanation, because that's not the ground rules under which this item has
    been moved from venue to venue to venue to venue to venue to venue
    over 30 times since it was first acquired. It's been to France. It's been
    to Korea. It's been to Azteca. "US Soccer took it" doesn't work as an
    explanation. They've never possessed it. It's not theirs. They've never
    moved it before. It's not theirs to move. Throwing up your hands,
    and washing yourselves of responsibility for the item, does not resolve
    the problem. It is YOUR responsibility to track the item down, where
    ever it is. JEEZELOUISE, Soccer House is in YOUR HOME TOWN.
    Washing your hands of responsibility that every other supporters
    group has easily handled, and telling someone who WAS NOT THERE
    to track down people and a sequence of events from 1500 miles away,
    is simply arrogant and immature.

The item was in Dallas for the Mexico friendly at the end of April.
    From there it was sent to Chicago. Do you realize who you seek to
    hold responsible if you point the finger of responsibility at the
    person who received the flag when it was shipped from Dallas?

Look, I'm taking up this issue so Ed Kirwan, who originally bought the
    flag, doesn't have to get involved. He shouldn't have to.

I know who shipped the Flag from Dallas to Chicago.
    I will reconfirm to whom the Flag was shipped.
    If it is the collective decision of Section 8 that this
    individual should hold the full blame for the dissapearance
    of the item, then that is your choice. You have 96 hours
    to decide that the individual who received the flag should
    not be solely responsible. If you decide to share the responsibilty,
    or someone volunteers to step up and accept responsibility,
    then I will gladly back down from pointing the finger.

I don't want it to get to that. But this is not like losing a sixpack.

And the combative attitude on this issue, especially when this
    is a Country and not a Club issue, is simply unacceptable.

-bs

7. USAClash

USAClash Member

Feb 9, 1999
    I think the passing around of our big flags from city to city is one of the great traditions of US soccer that we've been developing over the past few years. C'mon Chicago. Find it.

8. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    all well and good but as far as I know there was no Sammer presence at this game at all. At least none that assisted in the set up and take down of any of the Tifo used at this match. Find the sammer contact if that's the way it's done but Section 8 was not in charge of the shipping of the flag to or from chicago. Find the Chicago chapter of Sams army if it makes you feel better but I personally folded the flag up put it in a box and watched a man in a suit from US soccer take it off the field.
    So far in the past three posts you have been nothing but rude and threatening, which is fine by me. If you want to come off as a jackass but I'm just telling you what happened to your flag. You can choose to do whatever you want with that information.

9. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime
    By the way, for the record, I pm'ed GPK and Stogey23 tonight, Thursday,
    21 Oct 04, requesting that they sticky this thread.

If this thread remains unstickied, and requires manual bumping, that will
    be interpreted as a sign of deception by those who seek only to locate
    the flag for the upcoming Hex.

-=bs

10. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime

The contradictions in your post are frightening.

By the way, it's not "MY" flag. It's "OUR" flag, us, you, me, all
    fans of US Soccer. But Ed Kirwan bought it, and he's upset that
    it has dissapeared. You have gone Ostrich-Defensive, and you
    are not reading my posts.

You don't get it. If you, jjayg, let someone walk away with the box,
    you, jjayg, have just accepted responsibility for tracking it down and
    finding whoever walked off with it. US Soccer is not God. The Flag
    was not abucted by Aliens. It is the responsibility of the local fans
    to receive, use, and forward the Sammer flags, regardless of any and
    all other considerations, and that has held true for over 30 Nats fixtures
    worldwide, and has been adhered to and executed with precision and
    without fail, by everyone involved, for over 8 years, up to this incident.

Where's Liam, Fonsos, the other Sec.8 elders on this issue?

-bs

11. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Your combatitive attitude is absolutely unnecessary, is the reason for the replies you are recieving, and poorly represents Sam's Army.

12. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    You are bit of a tosser. I'm trying to help you despite your negative, insulting attitude. The flag was put back in the box it came in and handed back to the same people who brought it. Read the last sentance a few more times if you need to. And try not to act like such a jacknut. If you know who it was shipped to then you know who to contact DIRECTLY about it. Stop trying to place blame on people you don't even know. If you care about the flag you might consider finding someone else involved to speak on it's behalf because your social skills for such an endeavour are severly lacking.

13. BaltimoreYankFan

BaltimoreYankFan New Member

Nov 11, 2001
    Towson, MD
    I haven't normally posted of late on bigsoccer, and I usually browse the threads, but this one bothers me. Chicago needs to step up and find the flag! The onus here is on the Section 8 group (the ones who packaged the flag) and that person who was the US Soccer contact ( the carrier of the flag) . Why don't you help out JJay and give us a description on the man in the suit.... yes, it is part of your responsibility since you took the care to repackage the box. Lets remain calm and civil, but the irresponsibility with either Section 8 or that "us soccer contact" irks me a bit.

14. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brushes Sand, you've come to our boards to accuse section 8 members of stealing, and you are suprised when we don't trip over ourselves trying to be as pleasent as possible. You yourself said that the care and handling of the flag was the responsibility of the local Sam's Army chapter. I'm a member of section 8, and to be honest, I don't believe I've ever met a local Sam's Army member at a Fire game. Don't you guys have a way of contacting each other? Section 8 is not a US National team supporter's group. It's a Chicago Fire supporter's group. Any help that was given from Section 8 members was purely out of kindness on their parts. If jjayg says that he packaged the flag, and that it was taken from the field by the very same US Soccer people that dropped it off, then that's what happened. He's not some scumbag trying to steal your precious flag.

To me, this seems like an odd situation considering that I spoke to a couple guys that said they were from Sam's Army. They were NOT from Chicago, and to my knowledge, they did not help set up the tifo and banners. I know because we spent severals hours setting everything up.

Please stop being such an ***hole.

15. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I believe it might have been Mike Squire. I can't really remember. There was a female there as well who I also don't remember. I would appreciate it if all involved would stop blaming Section 8. Marcin, myself and several others put many, many hours of work into that friendly and we were not irresponsible in any way, shape or form. I, personally, was never tasked with any responsibility for the flag. I have no idea who was. If the flag had been sent to me it would have been immediately returned BY ME. Whoever received the flag is responsible for returning the flag. Not Section 8 or the City of Chicago. I was involved in the clean up of section 8 following the game against New England as I am after every Fire game and the flag was there and the box was there and there was no Sams Army representative and there was no 'contact' taking responsibility for the flag. Rather then leave it on the ground in the stands of soldier field I folded it up with the help of someone from US soccer (I think it might have been Mike) and put it in the box and that person left with the flag. That is the last I saw of it. I offer these facts freely with great hope that it will be tracked down and sent on to whereever it needs to go but all this accusing this person and that person and 'signs of deception' crap needs to stop. I've given you ever fact I know with regards to the flag. If somebody else knows something else I hope they will speak up but my guess is that every time this flag has traveled someplace someONE has been responsible for it and whoever that someONE was in this case still is. Hopefully whoever sent it to Chicago to begin with will take the responsibility of contacting that person and finding out if and how that person fullfilled their responsibility in this regard.

16. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scratch that statement. They definately weren't from Chicago, but they did help set up the tifo. I remember seeing them outside of the stadium before we set up. I didn't get their names, but one was an over weight African-American(no insult there, as he was a very nice guy) from, if I remember correctly, Dallas. I may be wrong about the Dallas part, so if anyone remembers seeing or speaking to one or both of these guys, feel free to speak up. Didn't see them after the game though.

That's all I've got.

17. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime
    I'm signing off for the night.

I will back down, when someone steps up on this issue.

Who will Be A Man and take responsibility rather than hurl
    insults in lieu of accepting responsibility?

Thank you jjayg and greddy for what appears to be a softening
    tone in your last two posts (respectively)

-bs

18. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    All the non-chicago people that helped us with the Tifo before the game were part of a group that came to the game with me. There was about 18 of them and most of them I put up in my house. The guy you are talking about was Bison from DC. None of them had anything to do with Sams Army activities or the Flag. They were helping set up Tifo on my behalf.

BS, do you read? Just curious.

19. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am new to BS and I've been reading this thread all night and it seems to me that some phone calls or emails would probably accomplish a lot more than some posts on Big Soccer. I mean, the person or persons or organization that has the flag might not even know it's missing or might not even have access to Big Soccer.

Don't flame me, I'm not from Chi-town, I'm just a casual observer.

20. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Ya think?
    You sure posting inflamatory threats and accusations on an open message board isn't the better way to go?
    ;)

21. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What game was the flag used for that he is referring to?

22. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    USA-Poland. I'd imagine the length of time between then and now is part of the reason this is coming up on BS rather than through personal channels. It's possible (likely?) that the personal channels have been exhausted.

23. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Geez, still another reason to think that Sams Army is a bunch of prissy choads.
    I really do hope you find the flag, but don't come on a Fire board hurling accusations and expect all of us to be polite and subject to your tone.
    Handle this through emails and phone calls. DUH.
    Bad mouthing S8C isn't going to get you anywhere.

As for throwing out bile about the quality and maturity of Chicago? F U my man.

eddieba26- The flag was used at the USA v Poland freindly this summer. Where, in the Polish end, many a joke were made at the yuppie dork Sammers and their brand of "support".

24. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BS, your posts in this thread have had a rather nasty tone. I hope that, after a good night of sleep, you can re-read your posts and realize that. For instance, when you say "Somewhere, somehow, someone you know "misplaced" the 20'x30' "baby-ass" US Flag", by surrounding the word misplaced with parenthesis, you are no doubt implying that we stole your flag. That is an offensive accusation.

On to my next point,
    [Yelling happily] Hey! [/Yelling happily]

That would be a fantastic place to start. You have a direct line of contact with the people who should know where this flag is located. My question to you is, with this information at your fingertips, why would you post such demands as "Find Kirwan's flag, or come up with the cash to replace it"? I can understand you saying this to the person that you know recieved the flag, but to post it on an internet messege board doesn't really make sense to me.

You say things like "The contradictions in your post are frightening", and then quote a post that contains ZERO contradictions. You make a point to mention that this flag is "property of the North Jersey Brigade and Ed Kirwan", then snidely remark to jjayg that "By the way, it's not "MY" flag. It's "OUR" flag, us, you, me, all fans of US Soccer". You say "If this thread remains unstickied, and requires manual bumping, that will be interpreted as a sign of deception by those who seek only to locate the flag for the upcoming Hex". So if this thread isn't given top priority by people who have absolutely nothing to do with your predicament, it means that those people are deceaving you in order to steal your flag? You've been nothing but nasty so far in this thread, and that needs to stop.

I wish your friend the best of luck in retreaving his lost flag, and I can appreciate you representing him here, but the manner in which you have conducted youself has represented him, and your organization, very poorly.