Official 2010 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by mumf, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Re: Official Japanese WOMEN'S NT Thread [R]

Wow ! The world's most beautiful player ...... but I always got the impression she was striving to get better, for the "world stage". It is a brave move for sure, to the other side of the planet.

Apparently she had an offer from a USA club, but declined -

http://translate.googleusercontent....le.com&usg=ALkJrhheHzYyggE4NR1iqQFP4lukq4hWJw

2. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Official 2011 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - part I

Bicentennial Cup in Chile, today, Denmark 0 - 1 Japan

Sorry dont know the team line-up, or who scored it.

3. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Bicentennial Cup in Chile, today ......... Chile 1-1 Japan

I saw the 2nd half, plus the highlights of the 1st half.......it looked like Chile scored a fine individual goal but on their only chance of the game ! Certainly Japan totally dominated, but the Chilean goalkeeper (who the cameraman found adorable) was very busy and outstanding.

Around the 65th minute, Iwashimizu headed the equalizer following a corner and a goalmouth scramble, and the next minute Yamaguchi (who scored against Denmark) was awarded a penalty - which looked a bit harsh/dubious. But the shot by Miyama was very weak and was saved.

Even in 3 minutes of extra time Japan must have had 4 or 5 chances, and at one point I thought Megumi was going to score - but a good GK is vital in women's soccer.

The commentary helped identify the players many times, and overall I thought Kumugai played well in DF, Sawa (who else) played well in MF (and Miyama too despite a bad PK), and Yamaguchi looks like a player to me as a FW, tall and strong.

The crowd sounded like they numbered maybe 500 - very sad, as they were entertained.

4. tunnvar

tunnvar New Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC

Hello everybody,

I'm new to Big Soccer. I joined to try and find out more information about Japanese Women's Soccer.

I am a professional youth coach in the USA working in Austin Texas. I have a presentation next week with my colleagues and my topic is Women's soccer in Japan.

Is there anybody out there with knowledge on youth soccer for girls, Japan coaching education, domestic professional women's soccer and the women's National team?

Thanks for any responses in advance.

5. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

ask mumf; he seems to know a lot.

6. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

I actually dont know much, just a 2-year fan of this "Brazil-style" team, because they have to be, due to a size disadvantage (even relative to their Korean & Chinese neighbors).

I just keep the links in my favorites:

Nadeshiko League - http://219.94.196.96/

http://www.jfa.or.jp/national_team/

http://www.jfa.or.jp/eng/index.html

http://www.jfa.or.jp/jfatv/index.html?CategoryID=10 (the default or most recent video is a GK-training one)

I dont know a word of Japanese (well, one, arigato = thanks), so this link sometimes helps: http://translate.google.com/#

I get the impression that their technical training is unsurpassed. I remember some YouTube videos from the World Cup (and youth versions), and the skill set is very eye-pleasing. I could find links if you like.

OK, I went in there, and here is one: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auvt8QxVJio"]YouTube- Young Nadeshiko U-17 in FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup New Zealand 2008 -Future Star-[/ame]

Of course its sanitized but what you can see is, and particularily from the scorelines at the end, well, they are "technical". I suppose you know that Mana Iwabuchi was a candidate for Woman Footballer of the Year (senior !) - she made the top ten last month. She should have gotten it too really.

7. tunnvar

tunnvar New Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC

Mumf

This helps, thank you. I hadn't given much thought to the U17 National team, certainly looks positive for the future!

Much appreciated.

Do you know anything about the youth system or academy system in Japan?

8. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Glad you liked it. To answer your question, sorry I am just a fan, and I dont know anything definitive.

Maybe there is a boys' thread here, and someone there may know something.

9. tunnvar

tunnvar New Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC

Is the Japanese women's game planning on becoming professional at the domestic level?

10. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

I dont know, honestly. What I do know is that, within the league, there are maybe 10 - 20 at most players who have contracts. For example Arakawa (Gold Pride) worked for years as a supermarket checkout girl (seen on YouTube more than once). Its a precarious existence.

Did you notcie this link ? Maybe 1 or 2 of the Japanese posters there would know more.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=856862

Good luck.

11. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway

Colombia - Japan 2-4

12. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

scorers I believe are (from JFA site)

Ando 2
    Megume
    Sudo

Sawa did not play. Miyama, Nakane and Ohno came on as 2nd half subs.

13. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Yuki Nagasato gets a pro contract from FC Potsdam (Berlin team I think) in German league !

http://www.verdy.co.jp/beleza/

Probably my favorite player - and I hope this can mean she gets even better for WC 2011.

14. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

from Chile:

Japan wins BICENNTENIAL WOMAN'S CUP 2010

Nadeshiko Japan 3 (2-0,1-0) 0 Argentina

Scorers:

25 minutes 1-0 Manami Nakano :D (Okayama Yunogo Belle)
    44 minutes 2-0 Kozue Ando (FCR2001 Duisburg / Germany)
    74 minutes 3-0 Mami Yamaguchi (Umeå IK / Sweden)

The :D is because Nakano always wore a big smile when I saw Belle play on YouTube, and it must have been a truly enormous grin yesterday, I wish I could have seen it somehow ! It is also because she may have won herself a place on the main Nadeshiko Japan team for the EAFF, perhaps at least on the subs bench.

Another to note is that Yamaguchi scored in 3 out of 4 games. I also saw her play in the only televised game (v Chile) and she looked like the best player on the field ! Cant understand why she was not on the Japan team in recent years.
    Tournament final result

1. Japan (3 wins, 1 tie = 10 points)
    2. Denmark (2 wins, 1 loss, 1 tie = 7 points)
    3/4. Colombia, Chile (3 ties, 1 loss = 3 points)
    5. Argentina (2 ties, 2 losses = 2 points)

15. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Training squad for EAFF named - new surprises -

http://www.jfa.or.jp/eng/topics/2010/25.html

Despite scoring at least 3 goals in the Chile games, Kozue Ando is not called up. Maybe she has a committment with her new professional team in Germany ? The news release does not say that however. Similarly, not called up is Yuki Nagasato.

I am surprised to see Nanase Kiryu and Kasa Osafune in the team because I never noticed such names before ! Also surprised but delighted that Manami Nakano, the one with the big smile, is called up again.

And despite not going to Chile, young Mana Iwabuchi got called up. Was this a JFA presidential choice ? That is what google/translate suggests, based upon the Japanese version (and apologies to all Japanese because often the translation is junk) -

http://www.jfa.or.jp/national_team/topics/2010/44.html

This is a squad of 24 which will be cut down to 20 after the training camp.

16. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

This post is to show how HORRIBLE it is to be a world class womens football player (and I am not a woman).

Its about Japan's MF players, Aya Miyama and Mizuho Sakaguchi, both of whom played in the 07 World Cup and also in the 08 Olympics (where they lost in the bronze medla game to holders Germany).

First, Miyama is heading back to LA Sol in the USA this year. But - the LA Sol just announced bankruptcy! The best she can hope for now is that one of the other seven teams will buy her contract.

The case of Sakaguchi seems even more desperate. Last year she joined FC Indiana, also in the USA, but not a full professional team. She played only 4 games and then it seems they were not paying her, so that ended that. Without a team, now she is no longer chosen for Nadeshiko Japan.

And now it seems she is heading back to FC Inidana, based upon what I think I see here - (cant read Japanese) - http://www.albirex.co.jp/tools/page_...news_2081.html

But in fact FC Indiana itself has withdrawn from all US leagues for 2010 ! That is official. So where can she go with that ???

Edit: Just realized that maybe the translation should be that she is joining her original team (Albirex Nigata) back from FC Indiana (correct me if Im wrong). Still bad because she has not played for FC Indiana since May of last year, and could not figure in selection for the National team, and all because of the lack of a decent wage (they dont get 1% of what the male players get).

So much for getting to represent your country in the World Cup and the Olympics.

17. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

EAFF:

China 0 2 Japan

Miyama (FK) and Kinga scored.

Iwabuchi was a sub, played 15 minutes, and got a yellow card !

Very dominant display by Nadeshiko, it could have been 4-0.

18. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH4ZkkuHhGE"]2010/02/06 EAFC Women [1] Japan vs China[/ame]

Nice free kick from 26 meters under very difficult conditions, but still perfectly executed. I think the players in the wall were scared of Aya Miyama. :D

Some interviews from after the game:​
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF1aQtfgG-A"]2010/02/06 EAFC Women [1] Japan vs China post-match interview[/ame]

And I really don't like the new kits...

19. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

I looked at these videos again. First, by the way, in the interviews, you dont know any Japanese right ? I was wondering what they were saying. I still wonder if Iwabuchi is ready yet. But this may be the way to get her ready for the WC next year.

Looking at the 2nd FK from 3:44 on - where Yamaguchi almost scored. But look, when the FK is floated in, see who the 2 players are who are deep to the far post - its the central DF duo of Iwashimizu and Kumugai, and it is Iwashimizu who heads it down. And then from the resultant corner, again look who is at the far post (opposite corner this time), but the same duo, looking to poach a header ! Anyway I think Kumugai is more ready than Iwabuchi, and a good DF line can shield a so-so GK.

A few other things - first you are right, I did not realise it before, but Miyama was the MVP out there - so many of her passes led to big trouble for the Chinese. Even the 2nd goal arose from her ball into the box.

And about this goal - see how Kinga anticipates the mistake ! She has a striker brain, more so than Ohno who never really came close to scoring, even though she is fast and has wonderful fitness. Then again, Kinga missed the gift handed to her a few minutes later. Also I notice that Kinga has moved up to take Ando's place on the right wing. Must be tough for Kozue to watch that from home.

20. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

I'm paraphrasing it.

Interviewer: Here is the manager Sasaki. Congratulations on the win.
    Sasaki: Thank you very much and thank you all for coming out in this cold.
    I: You said that you wanted to win this tournament playing your own style of soccer. What did you think of the game?
    S: Our offense was a bit off and made simple mistakes but our reliable defense got us into a good rhythem.
    I: After the second goal, it seemed to look more like Nadeshiko's soccer.
    S: China made a lot of mistakes so we were a bit lucky but we want to try and create more ourselves and score.
    I: Any message for the fans?
    S: Thank you for coming out in the cold. We will try and play more brilliant attacking soccer so please keep on supporting us.
    I: Thank you very much. Next up is Miyama. Please tell me about your goal.
    Miyama: Rumi set the ball nicely so all I had to do was score.
    I: The freekick was just lilke you imaged?
    M: Yea, I always say that freekicks are won by the whole team so I want to take it with responsibility.
    I: There were times where the team looked like they were struggling.
    M: We were challenging ourselves to do what we set out to do to get to another level so in that sense, it was a good experience.
    I: On going for the consecutive trophy.
    M: Each team here is good so we just want to play our soccer and get our level up.
    I: Thank you very much. Next up is debutant Iwabuchi. How did it feel to be on Nadeshiko's pitch?
    Iwabuchi: umm I didn't really get to do anything but being able to get on the pitch gave me confidence so it was good.
    I: Did you feel you would get the opportunity to be on the pitch today?
    Iw: I didn't really do anyting during practice either so I was a bit shocked.
    I: But you must feel confident now.
    Iw: umm yea I want to be able to show my dribbling more and work harder so I don't lose to bigger people.
    I: Anything for the fans?
    Iw: The team is really trying hard to win the trophy again so please keep supporting us.

I don't watch that much women soccer but I must say Japan's women team is very impressive(not just from this game). What happened to China? Weren't they a powerhouse at one point in the late 90s.

21. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Thanks for translating :) I just highlighted a few things above. They seem to have two weaknesses - finishing goal chances, and their only world-class GK is not tall and has lost some confidence.
    But also I like what Miyama said. Could you imagine Beckham or Nakamura (do I have it right ? your guy who scored so many for Celtic) saying that ?

Yes its true about China, in fact they were really joint #1 with the USA for a long time. But while they "Europeanizes" their style, the Nadeshiko have developed their own style further and further. Even in the Olympics, held in Beijing, China were easily disposed of by the Nadeshiko, same 0-2 scoreline.

22. Hidit

Hidit New Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

Hey new to this forum, joined cause i was following Iwabuchi Mana. Glad she has earned her first cap.

23. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Not only that, but she has her first international goals. Earlier today (02-11) they beat Taiwan 3-0, and 2 of them were by Iwabuchi before she was taken off. I am sure someone will post video highlights later. She was smiling !

24. Hidit

Hidit New Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

WOW really? That's great to know! Her international career is already off to a flying start! Can't wait for the highlights

25. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

Iwabuchi's 2 goals.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45JT2r5HALw&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- ???????????2010 ??????[/ame]