Question: What do you think ticket prices should be?

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by RobbHeineman, Apr 6, 2010.

1. RobbHeineman

RobbHeineman New Member

Feb 7, 2007
    For the new stadium - Be reasonable.....But in this market, what do you think single game prices (don't take in to account season ticket discounts) should be? What would you pay and/or be willing to talk your friends in to buying.

Supporters Section -
    Stadium Reserved -
    Club Seats -
    Suite -
    Fieldside Seats (all inclusive f&b)

Any other ideas are welcome - i.e., crazy packages, discounts, etc.

2. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Supporters Section - $20

I'm not sure about the other seating areas simply because I've been in the supporters section for so long that I don't even know what the current prices are. I'm not in the norm, but I'm willing to pay more than I currently do (Sam, don't get any ideas) for a quality product in a quality stadium. I am willing to support the club, monetarily, if they are willing to invest that money into a stadium that we've been waiting 15 years for.

3. Attack Attack Attack

May 17, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supporters Section - 15
    Stadium Reserved - 20-25
    Club Seats (guessing this means on the side of field) - 30-35
    Suite - aren't these sold on a season basis - depending on capacity of the suite maybe like 700-1000 a game
    Fieldside Seats (all inclusive f&b) - 100

4. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd be inclined to take what we have now and add about 30% but would love to see consessions for kids so families doont necessary get stung

5. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    comparable to royals tickets...people aren't going to stay long if it costs $50 bucks or more for a family of 4 to come out.

Supporters Section - with all that's planed with the bar entrance 20-25 a match...if things don't go as planned 20-23

Stadium Reserved - 20-25

Club Seats - depends where they are located?

Suite - who cares, but it depends wont this be dependent on where the suit is? and just one price for the suit and not individual tickets.

Fieldside Seats (all inclusive f&b)-75-100 i guess, don't really care

i notice no ga or upper deck which will be important for the casual fan to come out for fun and see what's going on...and cheap

6. glenthas

glenthas Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    30% might be a bit much. Maybe 20%? That'd move reserved from $25 to $30 and supporters from, what $15 to $18? That seems pretty reasonable.

7. Kingtiger

Kingtiger New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Wichita, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a tough question. If we are comparing the current stadium/ticket prices with the new stadium, I would say at least double would be reasonable. I could see tickets starting around $30. The question is: what is the price ceiling that will keep many of the "fair weather" fans from going to the games? I would say that the tickets need to start in the $20-25 range. I would imagine that family's would have a harder time making it to as many games if the price goes up a lot.
    I guess as long as the total experience increases in quality (which it looks guaranteed to do), increased ticket prices may not be a problem.
    I think the STH exchange needs to be advertised more! Sam helped set me up with 2 tickets to half of the home games so my wife and I could enjoy the games. Being from outside of KC (Wichita) there is added expenses of driving and hotel stays that add to the total cost, so being able to make it to half of the games is a great compromise!

8. RobbHeineman

RobbHeineman New Member

Feb 7, 2007
    there will be ga, but there is no upper deck

9. eminer

eminer Member

May 17, 2006
    Kansas
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somewhat related to the topic.. Love to see a season ticket holder discount for any section...

10. slashersfc

slashersfc Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure about the actual price points (much like Ben, I dont even have an idea what prices outside of the Cauldron are); but the supporters section HAS to be the cheapest ticket.

You want the young high school and college age kids on a fixed budged to come and be part of the Cauldron, get the full game day experience, and come back again with friends.

11. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I need a little better definition here. I like a good, central view of the game, and $30 is probably my top end for such a seat. So you need to tell me what you mean by "Club" vs "Stadium Reserved". To put it in football terms, are we talking between the 30s? the 20s?

(Of course, due to the way the Royals treated my former season ticket group after the Kauffman renovation, I might be a little sensitive about calling a good seat a "club" seat and jacking the price up just because you can. Haven't set foot in the K since.)

12. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not yet;)

13. ksu2180

ksu2180 New Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Economics Time!!!
    You maximize profit when Marginal Cost (MC)= Marginal Revenue (MR)
    Maximizing profit in a competitive market (such as sports entertainment) will give you a price (P) and quantity (Q) you should supply the market. It can also give you an idea on how much to charge each fan before they spend their money on a substitute good (i.e. Royals tickets).
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Class dismissed.

14. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Just an idea :D

Cauldron Bronze
    Season Ticket in the Cauldron - 320

Cauldron Silver
    16+2 game season ticket in the Cauldron - mug in Cauldron club - beer in the Cauldron club on gamedays 2 hours before game (cut off 20 minutes before opening whistle), 1 hour after - $499

Cauldron Gold
    16+2 game season ticket in the Cauldron - mug in Cauldron club - beer in the Cauldron club on gamedays/and road game watch parties - $599

15. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disagree - will dilute the supporters section with people who just want the cheapest ticket, resulting in people who have no interest in supporting anything and a pocket of true supporters.

Perhaps it should be the cheapest season ticket, or that it has the cheapest ticket for college students (with current college ID, whatnot)... but not the cheapest per-game ticket. Perhaps it could be the same amount as another section and they both be the cheapest - I could see that...

16. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a point of reference, here are the current ticket sectors (regular/ST):

Field Side Reserved (Front Row): $150/$125 (includes all food and full bar)
    Field Side Reserved (Other Rows): $125/100 (includes all food and full bar)
    Suites: $75/$60
    Terrace Tables: $60/$50 (includes limited beverages)
    All-You-Can-Eat Section 106: $35/$30 (includes limited food and beverage)
    Stadium Reserved: $25/$22
    Bleacher Reserved: $20/$18
    Cauldron: $20/$14
    GA: $15/$10

17. Silock

Silock Member

Feb 8, 2007
    KC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll compare it to what the wife and I spend on a movie date.

We pay $20 per ticket for a reserved, comfortable seat with a good view (AMC's Fork and Screen)

We would pay $10 per ticket for "general admission", where seats aren't guaranteed to be good.

So, if we could get a couple of good tickets with a great view, not too far from the action, we'd pay a total of $50 for tickets. For crap tickets, we'd probably pay $25 for a pair.

18. Ihateusernames

May 16, 2007
    Merriam, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with this. Thanks to Sam here, I now know what I pay. For the new stadium and better amenities like are planned, I don't see a problem with a small increase in the prices...especially if the product improves as well. I sit in the bleachers and would pay a few bucks more. This choice would be easier if I wan't a broke college student driving 2 hrs each way but you get the drift.

19. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can count me as a +1 on the kids tickets.

20. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    +2 :)

21. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why? That would just encourage people to bring their kids.

see what i did there? i don't hate kids, i just dislike them

22. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say keep it the same for the first season but have some add ons that Szassy talked about for the Cauldron area...I would be willing to pay a lil more for the mug and beer!

Also as far as keeping it bugdet friendly for highschoolers and college goers, don't forget about the ones of us that are also on a fixed budget and have kids and that travel every game! I can see paying a lil more but increasing the cost of the ticket also increases the likelyhood of only getting one season ticket or coming to less games.

The cost of gas goes up (even if we carpool!!) + the cost of tickets +the cost of hotel stays + not getting a raise = NO BUENO & no season tickets (or one season ticket and less games)!

23. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This just makes me want to bring my kids more and bring their friends!

24. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    -1 on kids, unless there is a DINK promo as well:)

The way I see it selling a kids ticket is revenue lost on an adult ticket. Don't do it at first. If after a couple of years you have problems filling the seats then go ahead and give age based discounts. (then go ahead and move to gender based and then race based discounts after that)

There needs to be a family specific section though for people who want to bring their kids and tell everyone around them how to act around the kid they brought. Group em all together and they can sit on pins and needles and boss each other around.

25. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A family section isn't the answer! Oh wait The entire stadium is a family section..my bad...continue...