Gianluca Zambrotta....The WORLD's most versatile player!

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by nirvaanfc, Aug 11, 2004.

?

Which position do you find Gianluca Zambrotta fills best?

1. Left Wing Back

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Right Wing Back

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Left Midfield

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Right Midfield

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Central Midfield

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    GIANLUCA ZAMBROTTA
    Italy
    19th February 1977.

Zambrotta has emerged into one of the finest players in the world of football.
    How he has grown in player stature from the player who i thought was just a 'wildboy' after his 1999-2000 season.

In the last game of the season, Juventus needed a win versus a Perugia team in mid table, they lost the game 1-0. Gianluca Zambrotta was sent off.
    Later that season, at Euro2000, Zambrotta's Italy faced the Netherlands in the semis. Zambrotta was sensationally ent off midway thru the first half, Italy won, but in my eyes i cudn't see why this guy was on the NT.

A few steady years later i had really began to appreciate his play on the right side of midfield for JUVENTUS. He won his first Scudetto in the 2001-2002 season.

He starred for Italy at a disappointing WC2002, being on of their finest players looking World Class all the way.
    Then at the start of the 2002-2003 season, Zambrotta was injured and one Mauro Camoranesi exploded onto the scene for Juve. The first time i saw Zambrotta play that season was in a game versus Dynamo Kyiv in Ukraine. Juve fielded a virtual reserve team, with Zambrotta dominating the right side of midfield.

Now back into the side, Zambrotta began to show more than flashes of brilliance. Zambrotta was now truly a football great. He was brilliant throughout the UCL tourney. The man was stunning, his play catapulted a team already boasting Pavel Nedved at the peak of his powers above and beyond all challengers. He provided the ball for Nedved to smash home for Juve to extend their lead to 3-0, in a game versus Real Madrid which ended 3-1 with Juve advancing to their first European final since they lost the UCL to Real Madrid in 1998. Unfortunately we lost on PK's not a fair way to lose but se la vie.

This past season, Zambrotta was the Gem in a JUVE team which fatered and disappointed throughout. The defense shipped goals despite Zambrotta becoming the WORLD's best left wing back. He starred at Euro2004, a disapointment for Italy but just another showcase point for Gianluca.

Recently extended contract at JUVE to 2008, amazing player, amzing talent, amazing workrate, this guy epitomises what a JUVENTUS player should be.

Today as Juve slumped to a horrendous 2-2 draw at home to Swedish side Djurgardens, i saw him have a part in both goals and thought to myself, how great he is all the time. Well done GIANLUCA ZAMBROTTA.

2. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Post Any Information pertaining to the great GIANLUCA ZAMBROTTA!

3. Football Ronin

May 13, 2002
    Oregon, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting idea, Zambrotta is an amazingly versatile player. Not only can he play a variety of positions but he is quality at all of them. He has become one of my favorite players over the last several years on Juve or Italy. He along with Buffon (maybe Nesta) were about the only Azzurri players to emerge from Euro 2004 with their reputations intact or enhanced. He was also one the few Italian stars at WC 2002. The other thing I really admire about him is his consistency, every time I have been able to see him he has had good match. I guess I would rate him highest at left back. That position is where he is now regularly considered among the best in the world.

4. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    He could play many positions of course. But I got to say as the left wing back he brings a lot to the table. Not many backs have such passing, playmaking, and rthyhm at the back as he does. He's taken to a difficult position very well.

5. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Indeed filling probably the biggest gap in ITALY's national team, Gianluca Zambrotta filled easily into the great PAOLO MALDINI's shoes.

Gianluca Zambrotta is a unique player in the sense that he's equally incredibly adept at attacking and defending.

Roberto Carlos is very good going forward he leaves much to be deired defensively!

WHich is why GIANLUCA ZAMBROTTA is the WORLD'S BEST LEFT WING BACK!!!

6. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Zambrotta is really great. He is as fast as anyone, has good skills, and scores a goal or two. He is a GREAT replacement to Maldini on the National Team. Juventus will never sell him because he's there most consistent player. He does something good every game. He improved over the years because when he was at Bari I thought he was just an average midfielder and when Juventus bought him I asked "What for?". And now I know why. That was one of Lippi's greatest achievements-Turning Zambrotta into a Left Wing Back.

7. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Indeed, the man is amazing....

But THE FIRST TIME i saw him as a left wing back was in Dino Zoff's ITALY team which reached the EURO2004 final.

Despite bein sent off in the semis versus Netherlands, Zambrotta has blossomed from there and is now just in a class of his own.

8. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gianluca Zambrotta was amazing!!!

This guy is the fittest player i have ever seen.
    Sorry Nedved, Lampard, Roberto Carlos..... Zambrotta ran up and down and up and down again all game long even pushing forward in the dying embers.

He's remarkably fast for anyone who doubted it. At least three times he got the bal at the half line and just pushed it welll forward daring the opposition to keep up with him.
    Obodai (who looked pretty fast himself) got left in his dust and had to cut him down.

Also is it just me or does Zambrotta and Del Piero have a TELEPATHIC understanding, their interplay was Magnificent!

Of course my boy is on my UCL fantasy team, but damn they should give him bonus points 6 only seems downright robbery!!!!

9. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    He's on my team on my PC version of Konami's Winning Eleven 7 Interntional (Pro Evolution Soccer to some) in the Master League mode and I, just yesterday, had to edit his abilities! I upped his weaker foot accuracy to his attacking and defending and speed.

I've only recently started to notice him more and more and am impressed all the time.

10. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Zambrotta is one of the most under-rated players in the world, he could easily make a "World 11".

p.s.Throw away winning 11 because Fifa Football rules

11. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gianluca Zambrotta continues to add to his reputation.

In the game against Belarus, Zambrotta was considered to be the best player on the park, quite an achievement when for a defender when your team concedes 3 goals and your attack scores 4.

Zambrotta also missed the cut for FIFA's 35 player shrotlist for player of the year while Roberto Carlos (who many idiots regard as the best left wing back in the world, madness any true football fan knows Zambrotta is head and shoulders better) was placed after a season of failure, mishap and poor form.

12. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fabio Capello (After JUVE beat Inter 2-0 in Serie A)

“Gianluca Zambrotta started his career as a forward, but has become a fantastic defender and I’ve not found anyone who can beat him in a one-on-one. He’s fairly unique in that left-back position.”

13. Serb

Serb New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Southern Ontario
    Gianluca Zambrotta is my favourite non-Serbian player.

BTW, Italy reached the Euro final in 2000, not 2004.

14. LA CURVA SUD ROMA

LA CURVA SUD ROMA BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 24, 2005
    Montreal
    Along with gatusso & nesta this superstar is the only member of the NT to have a permanent spot on the squad! hes azzurri FOR LIFE!

15. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think of Zambrotta as "Mr. 6.5"--the rating he
    seems to get in the pagelli after each and
    every game.

That kind of consistency is priceless. Day in, day
    out, he performs exceptionally, and never a word
    of complaint either.

16. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    My bad, i knew that, as can be seen from my Zambrotta profile!

But good heads up play!