Red-headed Stepchild of Random Jibberish

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by doppelganger, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    Re: Son of Random Jibberish

we have been trying to teach our African Grey Parrott (named Charlie) the San Jose fight song....

after 5 weeks, all he can do is "ohhhhhhhhhh"...

which he does over and over....so whenever I am home, I can be found chanting "ohhhhhhhhh san jose" all the live long day.....

he only seems to be able to learn the beginning of things....years ago, we tried to teach him to sing "I'm a sex machine" and all he could do was "I'm a sex"...then he somehow morphed it with "Buenas dias" and said "Buenas sex"...too funny...

he also sings the Simpsons theme, "I'm a lumberjack" and the Star Wars theme....

2. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE

Hilarious. Ladies and gentlemen, presenting Charlie, the world's first net geek parrot.

PS--just noticed the old Random Jibberish thread is over the uber-mod recommended 500 post limit, so I spun it off starting with lddoppelganger's post.

3. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah! Another random thread! Let's see....

I'm craving Orangina.

Landon looks hott in an A's uniform.

Underpants!!!!

4. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Random holiday stuff....

I was gonna go shopping this weekend for my very own holiday decorations. My first very own holiday decorations. I have to do something to liven this place up.

But now I have to work. Though I'm not sure I can work. I have to wait for a delivery Saturday morning. And I have an appointment Saturday afternoon. Then I was gonna go shopping for holiday stuff. But now I have to work.

How sucky is that? I mean does it get any worse?! Well, yeah, I have to work dang near every weekend before the holidays. So who knows when I'll be able to get to the store to get decorations and then have time to decorate.

I'm not happy. This is the suckiest of sucks.

5. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Holy heck!!!

How can this thread have nearly 8000 views already?! That's not possible!! I mean...is it?!

Does it show that cuz the first post is a spin off of another thread with all those views?!

6. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE

I spun it off "backwards" (instead of just splitting out a couple posts into a new thread, which the interface kept timing out before letting me finish, I duplicated the thread, shaved it down and renamed it). So it's probably showing all the views from "Son of Random Jibberish".

7. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To continue the random yet poignant discussion that was cut-off before its time:

8. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

9. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

10. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

11. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

12. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

13. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Assuming that an SSV-like group of MetroStars fans forms, would they focus on keeping the MetroStars in NJ or instead finding a location in NYC? :confused:

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

14. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Around the same time that the Quakes relocation rumors started to take part, there was the talk that the Wizards were going to either move or fold.

The talk about a SSS for the Wizards has been going on for a few seasons right now. The big surprise about this was why move a team that is getting a fair deal anyway at Arrowhead? Moreover, a SSS would make sense for the Wizards in or around the complex that houses the Royals and Chiefs.

Props for that. Should hang out at the Supporter's Club Lounge if you can. :)

15. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    I don't mean to bring the over-all feelingof the thread down, but I have a favor to ask of you all. My sister is currently in the hospital, and will be undergoing her second surgery in 2 days tomorrow morning at 9am.
    She has been sick for a couple weeks now, and even with antibiotics, hasn't gotten better. She went into the doctor yesterday morning for another check-up, they took soe bloodwork for mono tests, and a few hours later, the doctor called her back at work and requested that she drive herself to the hospital immediately. He had suspicions that she had contracted Hepatitus A or B. So she went into the hospital, where later we found out she was extremely joundous, didn't have any form of Hepatitus (thank god), but they are watching her liver, kidneys, and gal bladder (sp?) very closely. They were puzzled as to wut was wrong with her. Then at about noon today, they said her gal bladder was completed filled with stones, and the bad enzymes were eating her gut from the inside, out. Needless to say, they rushed her into surgery....it was unsuccesful. She goes back into surgery tomorrow morning to get her gal bladder removed, and they are going to try and get the floating stones, which are lodged in her gut out while they r in there. If it doesn't work, again, they have to completely open her up and remove them that way. She just had a baby three months ago (I am his new mommy for the weekend), and she has a wild three year old (currently staying with her best friend)...things are not looking good right now. Since her operation this morning, she hasn't been able to breathe on her own much, so they put all the tubes in. I know this is long an drawn out, but please, if you remember, can you pray for my sister and her boys? Not only is my sister extremely sick, but her two boys are going crazy without their mommy......I just want everything to go well tomorrow, and things back to normal.....

16. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard about both sets of rumors (that they're leaving KC, and that they're getting an SSS in or around KC), each of which seems to be at the opposite end of the spectrum from the other. :eek:

In any case, unlike in the Quakes' case, at least Lamar Hunt seems to take care of his teams: when the Crew failed to get a public vote for a stadium to go their way, Lamar Hunt went out of his way to get Columbus Crew Stadium built anyway... and when McKinney, Texas turned down the chance to build a stadium for the Dallas Burn (now FC Dallas), Hunt found a solution in Frisco.

Conversely, it took the formation of SSV to stop AEG from either moving the Quakes or selling them and having them moved (God bless SSV, but AEG should never have let it come down to that in the first place). And according to MetroStars fans, AEG doesn't seem to be doing much for them either lately.

But I hope that each and every present MLS team has an SSS in the near future at or near where it currently plays, and that every future MLS team has an SSS plan from the get-go. :)

-G

17. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm praying that your sister pulls through, Lindsey. :(

-G

18. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can catch the latest teaser trailer for the new Doctor Who series here. :)

-G

19. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She's in our prayers, as well as her very young boys... no questions asked.

All the best, Linds.

20. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Wow.....an SJQF Greatest Hits post! :D

21. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

I was bored.....get off my back. ;)

22. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    Thank you for the kind words, guys.

My mom went into the hospital early this morning, to be there before she went in for surgery.....she called me about an hour ago....they cancelled her surgery. The doctors want to transfer her to UC Davis, because now she is having pancreu-cidus (I know the spelling is way wrong on that, sorry....her pancreus is messed up, now.) Her body is rapidly building up with waste, with no way for it to escape. The head surgeon doesn't want to take her gal bladder out without dislodging the stones stuck in her gut from the top, first. The hospital she is in here, doesn't have the technology or services to do this (it is Manteca, for god's sake!), and the closest place to us is UC Davis....which is still an hour and a half away. The only thing is that they don't do surgery at UC Davis on the weekends unless it is an emergency, and they won't have a bed for her until tomorrow at the earliest. So.....she is EXTREMELY yellow, drugged up to no end (she is in so much pain from the pancreus thing and the gal bladder), and just waiting for a room to be transfered, by ambulance, to UC Davis..... :(
    Meanwhile, I have decided-my youngest nephew does NOT like formula. My sister has breast-fed him since he was born three months ago...and now he can't even have the frozen stuff from the freezer because it's possible that it's contaminated....*sigh* Just make all this crap end, PLEASE!
    Yalpstel...if u would add any "medical view" to this, I would greatly appreciate hearing the medical side of it.....

23. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Great......I don't even know this girl, now i'm gonna be worried about her til monday. :( More importantly, she needs to get well before Linds teaches that lil one how to spell wrong. ;)

24. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Manteca is about the same distance from Stanford as from UCD, isn't it? It sounds as though her doctors aren't real sure what they're doing, and you want to get her into a first class facility as soon as possible--Stanford or one of the major SJ or SF hospitals--where they will do surgery on weekends.

Your sister's condition doesn't sound that atypical (see http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/pancreatitis/) but it can be life-threatening and it's scary when you don't feel as though you have the best care available.

As for your nephew...you are brave! A baby that age who hasn't had a bottle is not going to be happy no matter what. Will he take a pacifier? Or a finger (a lot of times, they'll be soothed if you stick your pinkie in their mouths)?

A lot of that formula tastes really nasty, and if it's got iron it can be constipating. Can you give him apple juice instead? It tastes better and he'd be getting some calories. If he's hungry enough, and not too exhausted from crying, he'll take the bottle.

Good luck--sending you positive vibes.

25. tonyh01

tonyh01 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thank you...the most important part of the other thread. :D