Japanese Abroad 2009/10 [R] - Part II

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by shuvy87, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Japanese Abroad 09/10 part II

2. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  3. Stance Punk

Stance Punk New Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Bordeaux
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  4. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Morimoto scored (PK) against Empoli in the national cup. 2-0 for Catania.

5. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  6. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Stabaek can't afford him. I think Cologne sounds really good.

7. Jillykins

Jillykins New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Honda scored a penalty goal as VVV won their match 2-1 against Willem II.

After he was substituted (to milk some time in the extension) he stood at the sideline and anticipated the final whistle like it was some kind of important final - and then everyone celebrated like they won the Champions League. It was great and additionally Honda also got a standing ovation as he was substituted.

He wasn't particularly brilliant or anything, but helped defend and create chances.

8. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    He had a long time without scoring a single goal, were his performances deceiving or bad during that time ? I worried a little because he significantly slowed down after a great start.

9. Jillykins

Jillykins New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    He had some decent games in between, but ever since well I'd say the PSV match he's been shackled by one or two players from the opposition. The goals he scored in the following matches right after were due to negligence as all he needed was a little space to strike.

He's got a different role now and can be found all across the pitch instead of just in the other half. This might work against his strengths but like he himself said yesterday in the post-fight interview - he's being followed by a defender for 90 minutes anyway.

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    One assist and one goal for Honda !
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le4UDKM0Vw4"]YouTube- Samenvatting VVV Venlo - Willem II[/ame]

Brilliant match form Matsui, he had a chance to score on a beautiful sombrero and defended like a warrior. Grenoble won for the first time.

11. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nice penalty by Honda, hopefully he will start scoring again now.

Also really good to here Matsui and Grenoble playing well now, but I still think they will be relegated.

12. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Good job by Honda.

It's not easy taking a last minute penalty to win a game, but then again he probably would have been able to take it again even if he missed because there were so many people in the box before he even took it.

13. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Anyone heard of this guy? I know it´s a little off topic since apparently he´s represented Iceland twice already. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Björgólfur_Hideaki_Takefusa
    I just stumbled across him, never heard of him before, but he seems to score alot of goals... too bad he didn´t choose to play for Japan :/

14. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Whoever neg repped me saying that the Dutch league was far below Tulio's standards and that Twente was far below Tulio's standards was right: today it was made public that he snubbed the Twente delegation visiting Japan and he refused to talk to them. Let's see where he ends up now then and above all let's see if that makes him a better player. I can't see a better league than the Dutch league in Europe for an attacking full back as a first step up the European football career ladder but then again what do I, Ronaldo, Romario, Ibrahimovic etc know.

15. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Get lost, Dutch uber-troll. Why do you have to patrol every mention of anything related to Holland in every thread in every forum and jump in with your ridiculous Dutch-uber-alles homerism? Honestly, I have no idea how you have not gotten a yellow, I've seen you do it in five or six different forums just in the past month.

16. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If it was a name you don't recognize from these boards it was a probably one of two sock-puppets that comes around every week or two to post ultra-nationalistic bs and complain about us "gaijin".

I'd rep you, but "must spread more"... :eek:

If he's being talked about as a "fullback" -- that may be why he snubbed them? He's a CB, *MAYBE* a DM or utility player -- but never a full back, especially attacking full back.
    I'll wait his version (or at least Japanese-language) before I judge too much.

Anyway, I had some high hopes he could find a place in Eredivisie (and Twente would be at the top of that list) so it's unfortunate but his career will go on somewhere I'm sure.

17. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I think his playing style would suit Dutch football, I mean not even considering a move to Twente specifically!

18. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Who neg repped you?

19. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hasebe played well tonight against Man U. He played 70 minutes.

20. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Everytime Hasebe sub out, they sure lose. So see them in Europe League. :(

21. dantasu

dantasu Member

Portuguesa Santista
    Brazil
    Dec 8, 2009
    Santos
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yohei Iwasaki is a young japanese player in Brazil. In Summer 2009 he played the Parana State Championship First Division for AC Paranavai.

Now he is free agent, he will stay here until August 2010. He will back to Japan, I hope a J-League club make a offer for him. He is a good leftback. Maybe the "Nobuhisa Yamada from the left side". In youth years he had some teammaters who today is playing for Japan NT such as Keisuke Honda and Yuto Nagatomo...

22. dantasu

dantasu Member

Portuguesa Santista
    Brazil
    Dec 8, 2009
    Santos
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Tulio denied FC Twente's offer.

23. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Twente was the team I wanted him to go to the most from the teams that have so far showed interest. Shame its not going to happen.

24. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    But it must mean he got something even more interesting right?

25. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Let's hope so. I'm just hoping that he will go somewhere he will get playing time in. The last thing we need is one of our automatics on the bench. I'm afraid the EPL's speed of play is too fast for him and he will be exposed. Italy's too tactical so I can't imagine Tulio flying forward. I really can't see him playing in La Liga. So he's only got the French League and Bundesliga as the 2 leagues higher than the Dutch League. I have a feeling he will end up at Nagoya which I would be satisfied with.