News: Kei Kamara traded to Kansas City for Abe Thompson

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by anderson, Sep 15, 2009.

1. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1 person likes this.
  2. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    something we learned is chris canetti and the Dynamo PR machine can't fool us. :D where's that Tony Caig press release i have saved in my documents.

oh yeah, we also learned: don't fck with Dom. that's all i got.

3. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting read. I didn't realize the minimum allocation money that can be transferred is $75,000. $100,000 is about double what I hypothesized we'd get. Also interesting to hear that MLS offered Kamara a new contract with a "substantial" raise and he told the team to "get serious". Now I'd have to completely guess what "substantial" actually means but I have to imagine that the new salary offered was at least close to $100,000 a year given that he's making $60,000 now and Kamara apparently scoffed at it thinking that he was worth a lot more. I could see offering Kamara around $100,000 a season but if he wanted a lot more than that, I think he's dreaming. That money would be a lot better spent trying to re-sign Stu.

At the end of the day, who knows. I'm sad to see Kamara go because he was a very likable person and player but if he has to go, I'm not crying over $100,000 and Abe Thompson in return for a player that apparently wanted a significant pay raise next season. And as Rey said, the ultimate lesson learned here is don't fck with Dom.

4. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plain and simple, if he would have been out 4th forward anyway and if we were not going to be able to sign him for next season it makes sense to get something for him rather than nothing. Of course the crux is CCL, he would be very valuable there.

5. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Banner makers up:D

6. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always liked Thompson when he played for Dallas. Some of you are saying he is fast but he is not. His strength is positioning, passing, hard work and intelligence. He won't need a bunch of chances like Oduro but also won't create a lot of chances on his own. He's also a class guy and won't make waves with his role. Oh yeah, he's from that US U17 group that included Donovan, Beasley, Convey, Onyewu, Akwari, Yi etc.

7. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He'll create fewer than you think if he doesn't make the bench.

8. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Why was Kamara pulled at halftime?

9. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Coach said he was playing fine, but he wanted to try to bring on a different player and adjust the way the team was playing yesterday. Guy they subbed in ended up scoring the goal, so seems like it worked.

10. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, this is funny.... in Bernardo's blog Kei is quoted as saying the fans' welcome they showed him is our way of showing the organization they made a mistake. Yea, right....

But you know what, through all that, I still like him, he's gone through a lot in his life and he's a good player. I just didn't like the way he was playing the last month or two while he was here....

And I did like how he saluted EB after the game. Even DeRo didn't do that.

......but I don't think the organization made a mistake.

11. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd rather have him . . . probably shows the maturity issue . . . but I still think Dom should have tried to coax something out of him for the last 60 days of the season.

12. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any player that is traded should always, always, feel that the team that traded him made a mistake, if you don´t think that, you should not be playing.

13. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless it's FC Dallas...then you just thank your lucky stars :D

14. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    very funny.,

I would really really like to have Kamara right now for the LA game.He would be great if we needed him to spell Ching or Landin.

15. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, but we've got Oduro.

Oh, wait. :(

16. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Comeonyoudynamocomeonyoudomodurocomeonyoumlscup!!!