Official 2009 J1 Thread - part II [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by goru_no_ura, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  2. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm glad to be the first to reply on this new thread.

Thanks Goru, and hope we all enjoy tonight's matches.

SW.

3. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Naohiro Ishikawa: You cannot stop him, you can only hope to contain him.

Good to see Cabore get that empty-netter to make up with that one-on-one he SHOULD have taken home last week.

4. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah Ishikawa keeps on scoring, what superform he is in :D

Also glad to see Yana scoring again, I guess you're too Goru? And that they grabbeed one point at the end.

I feel sorry for Oita, do they play really bad in the games or are they unlucky also, a mix of the both maybe?

5. Cythos

Cythos New Member

Nov 23, 2008
    I watched the whole game and have to say they don't deserve to remain in J1. If JEF forwards are better at chance taking the score could easily be 4-1 or even more.

Some of their players don't even dare to play longball forward in last couple of minutes. Nobody was trying to bear the responsibility

6. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Okey, I wonder what has happend to them :S How is Kanazaki doing?

(please check your mail ;)

7. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This is the first time Kyoto Sanga came from 2-goal behind in J1 (Goru corrects me if my info is wrong), I shuold give credit to them because they improved alot in the last couple of years, and they are on their way to be a respectable mid-table J1 team.

8. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yeh, another nice goal from Ishikawa.
    I thought Cabore might actually miss that for a second.
    Complete dominance by FC Tokyo though, at least in the only half I saw.

9. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I am not sure if this was our greatest comeback in J1 so far, but surely it was an epic one, and hopefully the beginning of a new era.

I think that in the second play we outclassed Shimizu on their pitch and we throughly deserved to tie the game, just as much as we deserved to be massacred in the first half.

Exactly as in Omiya, the team showed guts only in the second half, accidentally when a certain chap called Paulinho (65 goals or so for Sanga, so far...) came up and shook the waters a bit. Today he's got two assists, and he radically turned the game upside down.

Damn, Kato, this ain't a crappy team, you've got at least 6-7 players well above J1 average... and you know we're not going down... So show some cojones and play with at least two forwards, for god's sake!!!

Next week Reysol (04 04 04 04 04) comes to Kyoto. Let's hammer a long nail in their coffin. Remember the way they came in our face in the Nabisco game. Time we put them back in their place...

I guess that if Sanga wins next Saturday, we have already two teams well bound for relegation... that is if there is no divine intervention from the gods of J.League to make it more "ekusaitingu"

11. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you have to pay extra for that? :eek:

Got in your face.

12. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nope, it was included in the season ticket: if you are a Sanga fan you can be sure somebody will come in your face usually three times per season or so at Nishikyoguku...

Hey! IN your face, not ON your face... :eek:

It was bad enough as it was, believe me, I really-really hate Reysol, it was stinking hot, we sucked (meaning we played horrible, ne) and we lost 0-3.

Next week: RIBENJI!!!!

13. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I like Reysol, and they way they play, so I hope they will survive in J1. They have the crappiest defence ever though, but their always attacking-oriented strategy means there never is a dull Reysol-match. Many of the matches they have lost and drawn this year, they actually deserved to win, and if they were to get the margines on their side from now on they might be in for a comeback. Kyoto have never beaten Reysol actually ( 0-1-3), so its about time! ;) I agree with you on Paulinho, he looked great when he came in.

14. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Uchida red card for blocking with his chest on the line, and PK for Kawasaki.
    1-0..

15. zappin

zappin Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Matsuyo just took a leaf out of Iikura's book and gifted Grampus an injury time winner. I feel sick. Not to mention that he's the one who brought Davi down in the box for the penalty. :mad:

We should have finished them off when we had the chance. :(

16. Cythos

Cythos New Member

Nov 23, 2008
    They better approach for Nishikawa in offseason

I simply don't understand how they could tolerate those crappy keepers years after years.

17. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Kashima tie it with 10 men.

18. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Kawasaki should really beat Kashima now, also that is good for the league.

19. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It would be even better if they could do it without help, but the match ended 1-1 anyway.

20. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    In the key moments, Kawasaki always seem to lack something.
    Was Chong Tese injured? If not, an absurd decision to pull him out...

I think Antlers are unstoppable, even if there are 18 games left. Their game in Urawa is at the last round, when I believe everything will be already decided...

It should be exciting to see who is left out of the ACL of the top 4.

In the back Oita seems done, Kashiwa can be out (or almost) if they lose in Kyoto next week and Yamagata seems going downhill...

Kobe too not very genki, lately, but not bad enough to be relegated, I think. Kyoto, Omiya and Iwata too seem after all OK, and JEF has some quality...

Most of the history of this season seems written already, but still, this is Japanese soccer, so...

21. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Hopefully he saves some of those goals (and that form) for next season.

Wouldn't want to peak the year before a World Cup.

22. manyar

manyar New Member

May 2, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Chong was about to be sent off. Every time he challenged Iwamasa in the air, he was being penalised (rather harshly, I thought). He was already on a yellow from the first half and the referee had pretty much given him his final warning.

There's no doubting Frontale lack strength in depth. With no Vitor Junior or Renatinho available, they were having to rely on the likes of Yamagishi, Kurotsu and Yajima as impact players. Not ideal.

Not sure if Antlers are unstoppable, but I don't think it'll be Frontale standing in their way...this year.

23. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about that game-winning assist from Gamba's keeper?

24. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I just watched the highlights and what a cracker from Ishikawa what is that guy on??

Also Tomis goal was a beauty.

Do you think Takahara has woken up now? Two nice goals.

25. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I certainly hope he has. Not sure whether it was his doing, or Finke's, but I'm enjoying him, again.

We need all the goal-scorers we can get, so I'd love for him to keep this up.