4-25-2004: Thinking of new theme for next week

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by JMU Soccer!, Apr 25, 2004.

1. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JMU Soccer! again."

2. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    The Rochester article is pathetic.

The guy states that this is Rochester's best chance for an expansion club (along with Chivas), then opines that MLS will move the KC Wizards franchise to Rochester to avoid the expansion fee, of course failing to remember that that would leave ONLY ELEVEN TEAMS NEXT SEASON.

There are so many things wrong in the article they're not even worth pointing out. A true idiot.

3. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    KC has decent attendence, controls their stadium, have a connection with Hunt owning the Chiefs. Very stupid theory.

4. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    [SARCASM]I think the Los Angeles Galaxy should move to Athens, Ga., because the stadium is bigger.

And Lamar Hunt likes Korea, so MLS should put a team there.[/SARCASM]

5. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    The Rochester author shows an amazingly lack of understanding of the history of soccer and MLS.

Hunt "gifted" KC the franchise. He plays them in his stadium. They are going NOWHERE. Attendence is almost irrelevant. His theory is so out there........he obviously doesn't understand even broad nuansces of the overall picture...

6. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
  7. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still trying to figure out if that guy was trying to be funny, or if he's just completely clueless.

8. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't call him an idiot. Aside from trying to create an illogical rumor, the article is a good summary of why Rochester should join MLS along with Chivas Gringo.

9. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I go with completely clueless.

"No one from Rhinos management will confirm or deny that a Kansas City-to-Rochester move is in the works or even a remote possibility."

So why the hell are you writing about it and putting it in the paper?

10. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ....which makes it even of a shame they lost, I thought they had played well....Then again, I've been seeing a pattern of more cynical counter attacking soccer where the team that sat back the most has been getting results....Not to mention some of this weekend's low scores....Could it be that not having to play overtime is making this possible?

"Drawing power
    The Celtics haven't exactly captured the imagination of the fans in Boston. The Celtics are on the bottom of the local television ratings among pro sports teams. The 0.5 television rating they drew for Game 1 on April 17 translates into approximately 10,000 homes in greater Boston, according Boston Globe columnist Bob Ryan. That's the equivalent of about 25,000 people. The Revolution, Boston's Major League Soccer team, drew a 0.8 for their game that night against San Jose. "

11. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    We'll call it the "Bergin School of Journalism." 'Rochesters officials have been circumspect regarding the fabricated infromation I have created.'

12. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    what happened to the bigsoccer/bigsoccer log in at NY Times? did they finally catch on?

13. soccerhooligan33

soccerhooligan33 New Member

Oct 31, 2002
    Clifton, VA
    use bigsoccer1 and password bigsoccer

14. gherter

gherter Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Leesburg, Virginia
    There information on Roy Lassiter is a little dated. He plays for ...

The Austin Posse!!

15. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that would kick ass!!!!!!!! you'd have to change the name so that it was a little less "queer-eye" but i think it could work out. our supporter club would immediately supplant the barra as the the drunkest drunks in mls.

but for some reason, i think that the folks at my school might not be too happy about this decision. something about another tenant playing on saturdays.

;)

16. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    gracias

17. drew_VT_6

drew_VT_6 Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bob "The Ugly American" Matthews is one of the top columnists for the D&C. Most of his work is opinion pieces that rate the best switch hitting right fielder that was between 5'9 and 6'0 and had blonde hair of all time. For a while when the Rhinos first came on the scene he was staunchly anti-soccer and mocked it at every opportunity just as the main columnists in most non-soccer markets still do. Over the past few years he has started leaning towards the Rhinos more. You have to remember, his articles are not written for the soccer experts on Bigsoccer.com. They're written for average Joe sports fan who is really interested in seeing who was taken 149th in the NFL draft but reads Bob's column everyday as well. His column is generally a regurgitation of what other soccer experts have written and is not a first source of info.

That said, I thought his column was simply conspiracy theory, but at least it made Joe NFL read an article on soccer.

I'd call him on his daily sports talk show from 6-8. You can listen at WHAM1180 and then call in 585-222-1180 and I think there is an 800 number too.