Fox News

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Deuteriumoxide, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fox News?

hmmm...

Guess that makes up my mind..

go revs!

2. modernpiracy

modernpiracy New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    chicago
    wow! totally necessary. please post more often in other teams forums, your undying love for your team is a model for all in section 8.

3. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he was confused about which FOX News we are talking about. We're talking about the local news on FOX 32. Not the right wing propaganda machine on cable.

4. Savage Nation F.C.

Savage Nation F.C. New Member

Oct 4, 2003
    Elitest Northeast
    wrong, the Fox News that destroys CNN in the ratings. You know, CNN that was founded by Ted Turner who made the "fair and balanced" comments like the hijackers who smashed the planes into the World Trade Center were brave and that Christianity was a religion for losers. Stick to soccer boys. Also, if the main focus is soccer on these boards, I rather have MLS Cup played on a Saturday on the Fox Network than stuck on a sunday up against the NFL

5. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    An eye for an eye, eh? He's right, it is a right wing propaganda machine. But let's stick to soccer, shall we? And while we're at it, go home troll. :)

6. Kaiser

Kaiser New Member

Nov 12, 2000
    dark side of the moo
    yessir just the media arm of the republican national commitee, no truth to ANYTHING on that channel

7. Elder Statesman

Mar 29, 2002
    Central Park South,
    Fox news leans right about as much as CNN, ABC, NBC and MSNBC lean left. If you think its any different with these left leaning stations then I'd like to know what you're smoking.

8. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    THERE IS A POLITICS FORUM FOR A REASON. KEEP IT THERE.

9. modernpiracy

modernpiracy New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    chicago
  10. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to an October 2, 2003 report by the Program on International Policy Attitudes, as people watch more Fox News Channel, they actually become less informed about foreign policy matters, as is expressed as having a demonstrably false opinion on several key issues related to Iraq, notably: Whether or not Weapons of Mass Destruction have been found in Iraq, What world public opinion is related to the war in Iraq, and whether or not there is Evidence of an Al-Qaeda / Iraq link.

This is in stark contrast to those who primarily get their news from other sources such as CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, Print Media, or NPR and PBS, whose viewers are less likely to hold a demonstrably false opinion on those issues as they absorb more information from those sources.

These results actually cut across party lines. The more of Fox News Channel you watch, the dumber you get.

Read it and weep.

11. Savage Nation F.C.

Savage Nation F.C. New Member

Oct 4, 2003
    Elitest Northeast
    excellent point Elder Stateman. questions for you CNN lovers...what has Time Warner/CNN done for MLS? Thank god for FSW and the regional Fox channels. If you guys are going to call every conservative a "right wing nut" than that also applies to St. Phil who I understand placed the call to Alan Rothenberg while flying Bob Dole around on his private jet in 95 during campaign stops stating he was in on MLS. Unlike Ray Kroc's(founded McDonals) wife who recently left 200 million to NPR, I could imagine St. Phil leaving $ for MLS when he passes(hopefully no time soon)although he has already made his mark by keeping the league afloat, his vision, staduims, and love for the sport. I'll take him over our more "enlightened" investors, the Krafts who are not liberal when it comes to spending $ on the Revs

12. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to apologize for saying that Fox news is a right wing propaganda machine. Not because I don't think it's true, but because something I said prompted dirty trolls like Savage Nation and Elder statesman to invade our boards.

13. Elder Statesman

Mar 29, 2002
    Central Park South,
    This comes as no surprise. Conservatives tend to watch Fox News more and they tend to believe that Saddam was involved in 9/11. That is most likely because conservatives supported the war and therefore believed most of the theories that supported their opinion.

I would bet that people who watched left leaning stations believed during the Clinton administration that Republicans wanted to cut Medicare and Medicaid rather than reduce the rate of growth.

I could go through a bunch of other issues where conservatives and liberals are misinformed and then point to the reason being that they watch certain stations.

14. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's true, you could. Though, you think you could do it in another forum? This is the Chicago Fire Forum.

15. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quoting from page 19 of the report linked above:

16. Elder Statesman

Mar 29, 2002
    Central Park South,
    Its a level of sophistication. I would argue that viewers of NPR and PBS are more sophisticated then viewers of just CNN or Fox News. I'm sure that people who read Foreign Affairs and the WSJ don't believe Saddam was behind 9-11 as well. Political leaning is part of it just as education is also.

17. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sorry. It seems I have ruined this thread, but in my defence this morning when I posted the thread title was "Fire on Fox News".

Then I said something about supporting the Revs.

It was really a joke coming from a neutral MLS fan (my team will be watching the game at home just like me) not sure who to root for.

If its any comfort to you I'll probably be rooting for chicago. Just because they've got about 20 times the class of New England, and they've got nobody named Franchino on their team.

Fox News still sucks.

18. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love sneaking up behind liberals and shouting "Fox News!" in their ears -- I love to watch them jump and react like Dusten Hoffman in "The Graduate" did everytime someone said "plastics"!

(Anyway, I have not watched Fox News in about 3 years, so I really cannot judge it).

And while a United supporter, I will be at the game rooting for the Fire -- they play like United did when Arena was coach.

19. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't matter, this is a "discussion forum." We're taking a limited item that should have been in the news thread and turning it into a topic of discussion.

Start regretting things and you'll find you're a Burn fan before very long.

20. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Splitting the thread.

21. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeremy, it would have been easier (and had the same impact on this peabrain) if you'd just written,

Elder, you ignorant slut.

22. Elder Statesman

Mar 29, 2002
    Central Park South,
    For those of you not familiar with superdave's tactics from the political boards I will give you some insight.

Superdave rarely posts something intelligent on the political boards yet he posts all the time. He loves name calling and personal attacks. He has two other posters that usually post right after he does. They're very consistent in not refuting attacks but instead making personal attacks.

They also have a strategy of making themselves look rational. For example, they'll attack one conservative then they'll say at least we don't agree with this other conservative but he at least makes reasonable arguments. Then when that other conservative disagrees with them, they'll insult him and argue that he's irrational. They do it over and over to different people. Its quite amusing.