Calling San Francisco fans! (11/1 game viewing party)

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Alexi, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    Let's invade Kezar and make it happen!

2. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    Count me in for this one.

3. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chances are good I'm going to try and make this one. Game starts at 7:00 pm so should be a party. It's also the Noche de la Muerte (Night of the Dead) so a big beerfest. Cheers!

4. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    I guess, I am NOT driving there .... :)

5. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    Perhaps, a silly question, since it is Kezar PUB...but do they have a dining area where a kid could join us to watch the Quakes?

Our family would love to come down and join the viewing party but our 9 year old would need to be with us. If Kezar is strictly a bar she wouldn't be permitted in. I tried calling them but all I get is a message listing upcoming events. Does anyone know if the game will be on in an area where kids would be welcome?

Thanks for any info!

6. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really don't have the certain answer for you, but....

I saw some pics on their website and there was a kid in one of them.

And, they have a menu, which means they serve food. I think their kitchen closes at 10pm. It's either a state law or federal law or something, but they are allowed to have kids in when they are serving food. I THINK....

I'm not 100% certain so I'd say call (or in your case call again to see if you can get through).... But it seems to me that you'd be okay.

7. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    The official name is "Kezar Pub & Restaurant", I think.
    Yes, they serve food (and decent food, I must say: their Buffalo wings are HOOOT, and they also have some goodies like Shepherds Pie in there).

There are many tables inside (including a dining area in a separate room), so it's definitely possible for a kid to NOT sit at the bar.

Just to be sure, you can call them: 415-386-9292 (as Yellow Pages say)

8. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    Come for the first game. Yer kid can wait outside at the top of Haight Street and sell some dope till you come staggering out. 'Bout time the ungrateful bastard started earning his keep and scoring something.

P.S. Try the pastas, they're delicious!

9. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Kezar's is fine for kids during the day. It's a family style sports bar and grill and it's packed on the weekends. Just keep a close eye on the kids and don't let them wander outside and around the McDonalds onto Haight St. Also, GG Park is directly across the street and it is NOT safe for unaccompanied children whatsoever. Especially that part, (affectionately known as "Hippie Hill") the number one spot to score drugs outside of the Tenderloin.

10. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Make an evening out of it. Hang out at Cha-cha-cha's, watching the Haight-Ashbury freak show pass by at dusk.

Then, to the Kezar for the Quakes' game.

Finally, to the Bottom of the Hill for some thrash.

I'm not sure I'll take my kids, although my daughter can be the designated driver.

11. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    I was kidding of course. Like GG park, Kezar's a joy. The food's great, and so is the smack across the street.

12. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    Bottom of the Hill is way far from that area... did you mean Boomerang?
    Bad news: this nice club has been closed for couple of years at least, now there's some stupid Galaxy dancing club where Boomerang used to be.

13. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or was it Justice League on Divisadero? That's the thrash/slam venue now that the oldschool places (I-Beam, the Farm, Fab Mab, etc) have long closed.

It's rather freaky hanging out in the vicinity, especially in the aforementioned park called the Panhandle (between Fell and Oak, and a pit).

Anyways, I'm planning to be there and then partying in the Richmond District afterwards.

14. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    The Justice League is now closed, I believe.

I think any big park in a big city is pretty gross after dark. During the day, it's a great place to hang out. But hey, I live a few blocks from there, no bad talking my neighborhood. :)

Have fun withallll that. How much partying goes on in the Richmond anyway, other than random house parties??

15. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    Well if Geary and Clement run out of drinks, Fulton Street is a closer stumble than Haight or Inner Sunset.

16. Mr. Bandwagon

Mr. Bandwagon Member

Terremotos
    May 24, 2001
    the Barbary Coast
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, between Tommy's Mex (Geary/24th) and Trader Sams (Geary/26th), I think you can manage to party yourself into a drunken stupor pretty quickly.

I mean, if you're into that sort of thing. :)

17. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Unfortunately, Fulton Street closed last week.

18. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    Ireland 32 and/or Abbey Tavern on Geary between 3rd and 5th will do too ...

And how about bar paradise on Taraval between 19th and 23rd (Shannon Arms, Grandmas Saloon, and recently opened Dragon Lounge :))

19. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville

My draw just jopped.

That was the best place in SF.

I may have to take the rest of the day off.

20. usagi

usagi New Member

Jun 19, 2000
    Daly City
    how is the dragon lounge? i remember when the place was called fahey's? anyway, i'm gonna try to be there saturday but i might have a party my girlfriend tricked me into agreeing to go to when i wasn't thinking about the quakes. she's pretty smart that way.

21. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I'm pissed b/c it's literally a block away from my place and I could walk there in about half a minute.

22. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    Dragon Loungs is an attempt to buuld an upscale bar in the area. Lounges, candles, everything is clean and nice.
    Not a lot of beer selection (although they have Guinness, Bass, and Sierra Nevada on tap, but this is it), but a lot of cocktails with names like "Hidden Dragon, "Raging Dragon", "Croaching Dragon", etc.
    Decent music in the jukebox (they even have Ramones and Sex Pistols there).
    Public is mostly young Asians,although people who used to go to Faheys are still going there, too.

I'd say, not a good place to pick up chicks, but a good one to take a chick out to :)

23. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
  24. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    One more bump!
    I'll probably have to go to work to San Mateo for a part of the day, at least .. but I will be in Kezar regardless!!

25. mlsfan11

mlsfan11 Member

May 20, 2001
    Daly City, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See ya at Kezar

See you there Alexi and I will try to drag Bajoro, Defender and a couple of others