Dutch/French League - 2 from 1 or 1 of each?

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by MasterShake29, Sep 19, 2003.

1. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just curious to find out what you all prefer, one game each from the Dutch and French leagues (what is shown now), or 2 (maybe 3) from one league at the expense of the other?

Me personally, I would rather have multiple games from the Dutch league, even if meant none at all from the French. I think it's easier to follow and care about a league if you see multiple games each week.

And for those in the know, what would be the cost of showing 2 games from 1 league versus 1 from each? Any difference? If there is, I'd certainly rather FSW save a bit of money for something else (internationals, maybe cricket, CFL, etc.).

2. DAGSports

DAGSports New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    I'd keep it as it is, but I don't know if FS World will renew the rights. For all we know, they may be able to sublicense "second choice" UEFA Cup or Champions League games for that price, or get England matches (which has been a rumored possibility).

3. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give me 5 games from the Netherlands each week and I'll be happy.

I like the French league as well, its great that anyone can win the league - but damn those Dutch can play the game!

4. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Judging by the current poll results there must not be many Ajax or Feyenoord fans (other than panic). Guess which game FSW have this week!

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Two years ago they sometimes showed 2 French games a week and they did show live games. Now its once a week usually at 5pm taped. That is not acceptable FSW ! If the Dutch League is so great why does Fox have their 3rd string guy(Christian Miles) doing the games while their 2nd string guy(Allen Hopkins) does the Bundeliga and their top guy(Max Bretos) does Ligue 1.

6. sleekmeek

sleekmeek New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Carpinteria CA
    2 Dutch games for me please, thank you.

7. Theo

Theo New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i'd prefer 2 French games, just cause there's something about that league that really draws me in - it's so wide open as to who might win, there are a lot of exciting African players to watch and learn about, and the French stadiums are usually pretty cool-looking. the Dutch league is great, too, but i just never have really gotten into it (knowing that one of the big 3 is always going to win in the end).