Transformers: The "Real" Movie

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Motterman, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "The Transformers" -- the ever-morphing Hasbro toy line that spawned comic books, TV series and an animated feature -- are ready to change shape again, this time into live-action stars of the big screen.

Angry Films chief Don Murphy (whose next film is "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen") and writer-producer Tom DeSanto ("X-Men" and "X2: X-Men United") have teamed to produce a feature-length, live-action movie based on the popular brand.

The duo are expected to shop the project to studios shortly, and DeSanto said they have already received interest from a handful of directors.

DeSanto is currently working on a story treatment for the project before he and Murphy hire a screenwriter to adapt it for the big screen.

2. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Live Action Stars...WTF?

3. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I'm thinking Ben Affleck as that big red truck.

4. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    J-Lo will be the dump truck.

5. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    A mighty fine dump truck she would make.

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Live action as in all real humans. The TF's will be CGI.

7. ToddP25

ToddP25 Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Richmond, VA
    I'm thinking this movie will bring 'sucks' to a new level.......the industry is starting to get a little nuts with the CGI........

8. KDdidit

KDdidit Member

Apr 15, 2001
    The Brookfield Zoo
    What was wrong with the first Transformers movie? Hard to top killing off a bunch of "stars" like Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Starscream. Plus they had a quality voice cast like Eric Idle, Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, Robert Stack, and Orson Welles. That was pretty good for a cartoon.

9. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starscream at Project A-Kon (an anime convention):

[​IMG]

10. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    why is J-Lo a Decepticon? and will she combine with four other girls to form Devastator?

11. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Why dont they stick to making movies with Humans in it? Seems liek everytime they make a super hero movie that consist of having things be larger than life they f00k it up with CGI.

Can't they stick to using special effects around humans like in X Men or even Spiderman? Thats what made those movies atleast borderline succesful. THe fact that the characters looked real and not Shrek on steroid(ie Hulk)

12. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nope, JLo combining with four other girls would form Mastibator. :D

13. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Don't forget Sammy Hagar did the soundtrack I think. :p

God I loved that movie as a kid. Watched it a few times in the last couple years as I found someone to download it from and now it's burned on CD. I always fast forwarded through the part where Optimus Prime died.

This is going to be one expensive ass movie though cause it's going to have so much CGI in it, think Star Wars Ep II. You can't have Transformers running around NYC or LA cause remember.. they live in the future so you gotta create all the background on computers and film it on sound stages. Should be really interesting how they decide to make this.

Got me in the mood so off to watch the '86 version. :D

14. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    I'm surprised Transformers are still going, I used to have loads when I was younger. I bet they mess it up though, and put in over-hyped actors like Ben and his fat-assed missus though.

How about Optimus Prime having Ardel O'Hanlen's(aka Father Dougal) voice, whilst Megatron/Galvatron (my favourite character) is done by Anthony Hopkins ?.

This could either be great, or rubbish like Terminator 3 is supposed to be.

15. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It's not my fault she's got dumps like a truck. :p

16. Nate505

Nate505 Member

Feb 10, 2002
    Colorado
    As long as it's the Generation 1 transformers, and not the new Armada series, it sounds interesting...