Lynn Morgan on "Inside Soccer" 8/3/02

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by tritonspirit, Aug 2, 2002.

1. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

One of the guests on this week's "Inside Soccer' will be the President/CEO of the WUSA, Lynn Morgan. Morgan is expected to be on the show at approximately 5:05 p.m.

Here is the link to the San Diego Sockers webpage that gives more information about the "Inside Soccer" show including a link for listening live to the show using your computer:

http://www.sockers.com/press/other/inside_soccer.html

"It's unbelievable here at Torero Stadium. The fans had some Scottish flags and it was a fantastic welcoming. It's a great place to play football and I'm delighted to be here."

Julie Fleeting 7/14/02

Charter Member of the Spectres

2. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

E-Mail Your Questions For Lynn Morgan

Even if you can't listen to "Inside Soccer" live, you can still send in e-mails with your questions for Lynn Morgan. To send an e-mail directly to "Inside Soccer" co-host Brian Halliday please use the following e-mail address:

MEGA6085@aol.com

Halliday receives a lot of e-mail so be sure to mention "Inside Soccer" in the subject line and he will do his best to get your question answered on the air.

If you want to call and ask a question on the air, the toll-free number for "Inside Soccer" is: 1-888-440-1130 and the local San Diego number is: 1-858-560-1130.

If you are planning to listen to "Inside Soccer" using your computer, you need to know that the live streaming won't work on Windows NT4 or with a Mac. Listen Live is supposed to work with Netscape, but unfortunately sometimes it doesn't.

"It's unbelievable here at Torero Stadium. The fans had some Scottish flags and it was a fantastic welcoming. It's a great place to play football and I'm delighted to be here."

Julie Fleeting 7/14/02

Charter Member of the Spectres

3. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Some one ask her what kind of crack she's been smoking? and where can I get some?

4. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

Lynn Morgan Interview

As advertised, Lynn Morgan was on "Inside Soccer" shortly after the start of the second hour and I thought the interview went very well. This was the second time that Morgan appeared on "Inside Soccer." The first time Morgan was on was back at the end of January 2002.

I taped the interview and have a few excerpts from it that I can post here now. If there is any interest I can post a few more excerpts later or give my tape to lab99 since she can transcribe interviews about 10 times faster than I can. ;)

5. Jo

Jo New Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Kansas
    I'm interested.

6. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

First Excerpt of Morgan Interview

O.K. Jo here's the first excerpt from yesterday's interview especially for you :) :

Morgan started out by making a few comments about the current WUSA season and said that she was "thrilled" about the playoff races and mentioned the fact that Carolina had clinched a playoff spot with their victory earlier today and that this was "phenomenal" considering the fact that the Courage had finished at the bottom of the table last season.

Morgan then added "Everyone who has watched the games this year has really seen the level of play just pick up incredibly. And to have type of playoff race that we have going on right now for the next three spots is pretty exciting."

7. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

Morgan Discusses Her Current Job

Next Brian Quinn mentioned that Morgan had just got the job as President/CEO of the WUSA right before her last appearance on the show. Quinn then asked if the job has been everything she expected and also asked her to comment about her current role and the difference between her this job and the job as GM of the Beat.

Morgan responded by saying that she has "had the pleasure of going to all of the stadiums this year and watching some great soccer." However she went on to say that she has to "sit" on her hands now. "This year I have to pull for all of the teams." "Now I pull for some good soccer and pull for a lot of goals."

8. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

Morgan Continued

Morgan continued by saying that this season has been a real "momentum booster for us." "The play has been just spectacular and very very competitive. I know that the fans have really enjoyed that. We are still a very young league and for us to be able to continue to grow and show momentum and show improvement in areas is a very rewarding thing for me personally."

Morgan then went on to say, "I'm very excited about the strides that we have made this year and we've got a lot of work to do and we'll take the off season and continue to try to get smarter about the way that we do business and continue to give this league every opportunity to develop into what we know it can be."

9. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

That's all I can give you for now Jo because I need to get ready for work soon. However, if I have time and the interest is there, I can probably post some more excerpts over the next couple of days.

10. Jo

Jo New Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Kansas
    Re: First Excerpt of Morgan Interview

Thank you kindly :)