Turkey [R]

Discussion in 'Greece & Cyprus' started by Clan, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Post all your Turkey thoughts etc etc etc here.
    Like i said, if the traffic warrents it i'll go to Admin with the request.
    I would now, but i would just be asked to prove (ie traffic) the need for one.

2. puma182

puma182 New Member

May 8, 2002
    One out of Five

How come the other Istanbul clubs are still struggling in Europe? Much as I would love the whole country supporting Gala, it feels very lonely in Europe right now.

I think Fener and Besiktas should rid themselves of foreign or "ozenti" influences and look more deeply into young Turkish talent (including the overseas expat folks in Germany and elsewhere). Especially Fener over the years has turned into a "Mercenary Army" of grisly toplama veterans from all over. Using their experience and talents they can pull off wins in SuperLeague. But with such a rag-tag and no spirit, it just doesn't work in Europe. It shows very clearly.

Congratulations to the brave anatolian club Denizlispor though in their marvelous 2-0 rout of the French today.

3. type_32

type_32 New Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Re: One out of Five

I don't know why a Gala fan thinks Fener and BJK have too many foreigners. You enjoyed Hagi, Jardel, Taffarel, Capone, etc., etc, didn't you? ;)

First of all, I would say you should not read too much into just a few matches. After all, these could be flukes. But you're right, GS is a "cut above" right now, and here's my opinion on why:

1.) GS has all the money (although I have heard they are starting to have problems). We all know they are the most popular team, they can afford to pay high salaries and make big transfers like Jardel. Fener and BJK cannot. Plus, GS can afford to keep players -- for instance, do you think if Nihat had been with Cim Bom, they would have sold him for a measley 3m (or whatever it was)?

2.) Because of UEFA Cup and SuperCup, GS is the most famous, most prestigious club in Turkey. Fener and BJK cannot attract the great ones like GS can. Furthermore, because of this high prestige, GS gets better loans than Fener/BJK, because big Euro clubs know they'll be playing in Europe. For instance, Umit Davala and the new boy Mohammed Sarr.

I do agree with you that I wish BJK would spend more time developing Turkish talent (though I'll admit I don't really know much about their youth system.) With so many young people in Turkey, clubs would be wise to start laying the groundwork for developing the enormous amount of talent that's already in the country.

4. aliyuruk

aliyuruk New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    money is not an issue, fener has way more than gala anyways. its all about pride and spirit, knowing how to win somehow.

gala has it fener doesnt

5. type_32

type_32 New Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Fener has more money? Where have you heard this? I read an article in World Soccer saying that Gala was by far the richest in Turkey.

You may be right about the spirit thing, though. Like I was saying before, GS is more prestigious and famous, so I think people playing for Gala *want* to be playing for Gala, but people playing for BJK or Fener might have wanted to go to some other club.

6. aliyuruk

aliyuruk New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    fener has more money- this is the reason why gala sells its stars season after season and why fener can afford to bring in high salary players like ortega, washington etc.. i think feners team cost 100m US or something outrageous..

fener's owner aziz yildirim is loaded

7. puma182

puma182 New Member

May 8, 2002
    Cimbom 0 - 2 Barca ... nazar deydi.

8. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I guess you lot didn't really wnat it that bad then.

Unstickeyed.

9. 1907UNIFEB

1907UNIFEB New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    istanbul/turkey
    first of all, FENERBAHCE is the richest club in TURKIYE. You can just get it by the transfer of Ariel ORTEGA. And also an imazing stadium with 55.000 people capacity. Galatasaray is the most succesfull team in TURKIYE. Anyway, FENERBAHCE is the biggest team in TURKIYE. Why? Just wait until 6th November...

10. ugur

ugur New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    You know what the Hell with you Fener fans your team sux, win a cup for once without being eliminated from the early rounds of the Uefa Cup.
    Panathiniakos man Handled you guys. Yea Fener has way more money than any other club in Turkey and the money is seen to be wasted when they accomplish nothing in Europe, and winning the Turkish Cups, woooo Big DEAL.......1907UNIFB or whatever your name is you shouldnt even post idiot messages....We Are the loudest, We are the best in Turkey, and we are way more succesful then Fener will ever be lets get that straight. Itll be a million years before fener even qualifies to the Quarterfinals of a European cup if luck is on your side maybe 50 years. Im sick and tired of stupid Fener fans in Turkey causing trouble at games sit down and shut up. Yea you beat us 6-0 and thats the only joy u and your fener fans are going to get so savour that victory for the next million years.

Talk to me when you win atleast a Uefa Cup, and no, the INTERTOTO CUP doesnt count, plus fener couldnt even win that ahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!

11. 1907UNIFEB

1907UNIFEB New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    istanbul/turkey
    Please stop barking ! As i said the date is 6th November.. 6 - 0 ... Go on your life with that reality.. ahahahahahahaa... thank God i am a FENERBAHCE supporter...