10 am meeting at metro HQ

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Decepticon LazerBeak, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Congorilla

Congorilla New Member

Feb 18, 1999

yeah its geechy !

receptionist that looks like a model/ bad mook ex/ nice mook newbie
    stale, obvious love triangle subplot. whoopee!

any good stuff lifted straight outta

GlenGarry Glen Ross (helps to have real actors, yo)

nice soundtrck tho'

NEXT!

2. cmonaco

cmonaco New Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Montreal/NYC
    No it's not a violation of his privacy rights, but it IS a violation of his right to be an a$$hole. A right which you obviously hold very close to your own heart.

Anyway, Scalia sez there ain't no constitutional right to privacy. So whenever the landmark Decepticon vs. BigSoccer case makes it to the Supreme Court, you can rest assured BS will win with the 5-4 majority.

3. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    That's funny. Bigsoccer is at it's finest when someone makes themself look silly for 4+ pages!

4. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Yup! See: Matt Scholer for fine examples of this!

5. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Ding, Ding, Ding!!!

We have a winner. Settle down MetroStars4Life, no need to attack other posters either. I said I didn't know much about the Yahoo case, and using your press release....

BigSoccer DOES NOT give out the IP information. Nor is it posted publicly, nor is any of the posters info given out publicly when an IP is checked. The above example is the only reason an IP is checked in most cases. Its not like we're going after innocent people and tracking their IPs to give out info. We use it for jackasses that want nothing more than to be jackasses on an internet board.

I think the piont you're missing here is that its the posters responsibility that on BigSoccer (realize it may not be the same with Yahoo) the IP address follows each post. If they dont want people knowing where they're posting from then they need not post.

Why are you defending this again? What is your gain?

6. You guys seemed so eager to find out who this guy is and get him fired - and all of a sudden, my ACLU card started burning holes in my pocket :)

7. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Nick once bought me a pint at Nathan Hales.

How's the kid with the flu doing?

8. I HOPE YOU'RE WRONG ON THIS.

I'd like to hear the official BS position on this.

Yahoo msg boards track IP addresses as well but you need at a minimum a supoena to get them to disclose it.

Huss, what's the official BS policy on IPs?

9. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I could care less what he's doing, although I know that where I work my company would have a HUGE issue with me giving out information about what happens behind closed doors. Its not like I'd ever go do anything about it, he's not really breaking any BS rules that I can think of as long as his posts are truthful. If he's making it up then he is breaking rules of the TOS.

As for your ACLU card...the ACLU sometimes needs to realize that all their battles for small minorities go against the morals and beliefs of the majority. And there are reasons this country was built on the majority rules basis. All these damn law suits groups like the ACLU bring (the exact one you're suggesting in this thread) are some of the main reasons our courts are so bogged down, our insurance and medical care is so high, just to name a few examples. I agree with thier purpose, but they've taken their purpose to the extreme for bigger glory for the name and people involved.

10. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    isn't the ACLU that group that defends that "man-boy love" group and defended people who suddenly couldn't figure out how to use a punch ballot after years of doing it ok???? Just off the top of my head, but I am sure I can find many more lawsuits like these.

11. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    If you read closely (the key phrase in this thread, it appears), you'll see that getting the guy fired and IP checking are two different issues. The guy can get fired if the Metros find out he's posting on BS (that is, if he is indeed posting from the Metros office).
    The IP check is simply to verify the guy's location and possibly see if he is a sockpuppet. Reading is FUNdamental!!

I'm worried about Faith's kid. Listen, I can work some of my showbiz contacts and maybe we can put out an all-star benefit CD for Faith's kid?

12. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    You do realize that when everyone is saying "MetroFrontOffice" they are refering to the actual username "MetroFrontOffice" and not the actual office itself? Why are you making this a more complicated and contrived issue than it really is.

13. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I don't think anyone wants that. If anything, the masses just wanted to know if he is legitly from the MetroStars office. A simple Yes or No from a moderator would suffice, and no one would be fired or their privacy violated.

Plus, the perp has already given enough info for any hands on manager to figure out who he is.

14. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Hey Decepticon Laserbeak. Why don't you do yourself a favor and keep your mouth shut and leave us alone. At least you can keep your job.

Not alot of jobs around these days you know. Do yourself a favor and shut up, so you can keep on earning a living.

15. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So he should be safe where he is then.

16. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    By that logic, posting that the guy owns a phone is the same as posting his phone number.

Disclosing the fact that his IP address is the same as username MFO, is different that posting the actual IP address.

17. Tony Cheval

Tony Cheval New Member

Mar 17, 2000
    Colorado
    Geeze, 5 pages devoted to the ramblings of some Transformers fanboy. I have to wonder how long you guys would go on if a furry started a thread about the mascot (assuming you all have one).

18. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    He's certainly no RapidsMan (but really, who is?), but Metro Dog exists.

19. You have serious problems. Really.

20. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    What do you mean "leave us alone." Nobody appointed you some kind of spokesman. Don't read the thread if you're so damn superior.

And will the rest of you knock off the legal mumbo-jumbo. I just want the office dirt.

21. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The question everyone wnats to know...

So DLB, is it Hawaiian shirt day at the Metro's front office?

22. soccerdad

soccerdad Member

Dec 27, 1998
    montclair nj
    Actually I thought DLB was Mark Washo thanks to his classic "protect his ass" post

but come to think of it, Metro Dog makes sense since he used to transform into LazerBark in Beast Wars

23. True and you should do it every once in a while.

1.) Decepticon LazerBeak posted his “At 10 AM” story
    2.) Section113 comes with his communist censorship idea: “A simple IP address check could clear this up. Moderators, get to it. (how do you do it? just check the IP address against the same one that MetroFrontOffice uses. Im sure they all use the same central hub and the first three sets of numbers should match. If they match, hes posting from inside the Metro offices.
    3.) MetroFever jumps in: “If you're legit, I hope you ARE fired
    4.) I make a simple observation “and a simple privacy lawsuit will drive BigSoccer into bankruptcy”
    5.) Section113 adds more nonsense and calls me a moron: “Hey moron...your IP is being logged right now. EVERY post has its IP logged. . .Before you write...think. You have no clue. There is NO privacy issue.”
    6.) Sharpton adds some typical comments: “Decipticon would have to be dumb enough to post from the Metrostars office. If he is that dumb, he deserves to be fired
    7.) BenC adds some comments I HOPE are NOT TRUE: “Yeah actually we do have the right to use it in this case if we feel the Metros worker is acting inappropriatelly. If someone is doing something in violation of the TOS we have the right to use their IP info.”
    8.) Section113 still doesn’t get it and more personal attacks: “You silly. Silly silly rabbit. And how pretell would this be an abuse of the information?” . . “The information is ALREADY gathered. You post here.. you give up your IP address.”
    9.) Should I go on?
    10.) Wasko also posted on the other thread that if he finds out who this guy is, he is fired.

24. supermetros

supermetros New Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Park Ridge, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She said "I don't believe you're tryin' to find no job"
    Said "I seen you today you was standin' on a corner, leaning up against a post"
    I said "But I'm tired, I've been walkin' all day"

25. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to set one thing straight, 'Mark Washo' the Bigsoccer username is someone's idea of a funny sock puppet, not the real Mark Washo. He posts under 'Metros Front Office'.
    Feel free to ignore 'Mark Washo' posts, k?