Who should be our second striker after Hashemian ?

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Ali_reza, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Ali_reza

Ali_reza Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Simple question that you'll find in all Iranian forums you'll visit, who should be our second striker ?

Hashemian being our n°1 striker.

I vote Borhani. I really don't understand why he does'nt play ? It was the same before the WC ?! :confused:

Of course, if Ghalenoui decides to play with 2 forwards one day.

2. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    I think Borhani had signed with a club in one of the Persian Gulf states. No? Maybe he couldn't get his release or something. Or maybe he didn't payoff the right people after he signed his contract, who knows!

BTW, I'd go with Borhani, Khatibi, or Akbarpour in that order.

3. Ali_reza

Ali_reza Member

Mar 1, 2006
    I don't know about Borhani's situation now. But in the friendlies before the WC and the WC, he got almost no playing time. The only time he came in against Croatia, he scored a goal.

4. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    1. Majidi
    2. Borhani
    3. Enayati

5. CronoGraal

CronoGraal New Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Göteborg Sweden
    I don't know much about this guy but during the Iran vs SK game he messed up alot x_x

6. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    I though of Enayati, but Enayati and Hashemian play like each other, and of the two only Hashemian can play out side, as he did when Daei played center.

I'd rather see Hashemian play center, and that would by default eleminate Enayati.

Majidi I have seen play only a few times, and I was not impressed. Granted that I may have seen him on an of day or two.

I am really curious to see what has ahppened to Borhani. Where is he?

Khatibi messed up a lot against Syria, but he is a good player if given a couple of more games to get used to the team.

Akbarpour is a good one too. But he needs to also get into the grove of NT. He is younger thanKhatibi so that is even better.

7. MUforever10

MUforever10 Member

Nov 26, 2004
    Majidi is useless you saw that if you saw the game.

Enayati is too, the guy is a morde khor he only knows how to score against crappy opposition (Bosnia, UAE..etc).

As for Khatibi, thats just laughable watch the syria game.

I'm glad Akbarpour is being tried out but what ever ********ing happened to Oladi, baba ma harchi bazikon dashtim ke raft UAE gand shod. Honestly I would love Ashkan Dejagah of Hertha Berlin but that just seems unlikely.

8. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    I agree, I really though Oladi had a lot of potential. Id pick Oladi, then Borhani. The rest are simply too weak to have the leading roles. Strikers are dime a dozen, good ones are rare as hell.

9. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Oladi ro beh g--h DAdan raft!!! That is what happened!! I am so pissed about how they have handled his situation!

Poor guy signed with Al Shargeh after his contract with Perspolis was done. But the draft officials said he can NOT leave the country because he has two serve his two years.

Then Perspolis signed him despite the fact that he was already under contract with Al Shargeh!! Now Perspolis has another case being filed against them unless they settle (read $$$$$$$ to al Shargeh).

And then this today: :mad:

http://www.lastkick.com/fa/?p=438

10. Mehdi322

Mehdi322 New Member

Sep 4, 2006
    I dont know what amir is up to he first cut zandi and then he didnt call borhani up, but yet he kept khatibi and majidi...if i had a choice i would make borhani our secound stricker along with Mobali or Kazymian in the back instead of nikbaht..borhani is a young energetic forward who loves to score goals and get his team goin, i think if we gave him more playin time that he would be able to easily play in the spanish premier league or even the english premier league

11. -Sx2-

-Sx2- Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    these are sad times...none of TM strikers are quality strikers. yes hashemian knows what's up...but i don't see TM getting any Azizi or Daie quality strikers any time soon.

12. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give Farhad time. He can do it.

13. iKnan

iKnan Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Khatibi and Enayati have shown that they are no real canidates.

Majidi...hmm...he deserves more time, give him a chance.

Borhani, has TM experience and is very speedy, bring him back to TM and give him a starting spot next to Hashemian.

14. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    The current combo of Hashemian & Enayati is the worst. We need to reshuffle a few players and see how they perform in new positions. Since in GN's formation there is no room for Kaebi, we can still use him as a small forward next to Hashemian. Kaebi is fast, nimble, good passer, and a cool finisher. We also need to try Kazemian and Borhani in that same position untill we find the best partner for the Center Forward.

Majidi and Khatibi and Nikbakht and Fekri have no place in TM.

15. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    I have to agree with Tex on this one. I'd pick Oladi over Hashemian and let the kid grow along with Borhani. Oladi - Borhani, my favorite/best combo.

Btw, Majidi deserves more than a total of 40 min in two matches, to be graded so bad by you '' TM fans ''. Give him time, he'll start scoring goals for us.

16. Mehdi322

Mehdi322 New Member

Sep 4, 2006
    iran should take out nikbaht and fekri and put zandi and kaebi in and as for our secound striker, take away enyati and try shojaei or even bring borhani back and if not give akbarpour a chance, akbarpour is a young forward filled with speed and a great shooting touch

17. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Kaebi as a striker? Id have to disagree. If you look at Irans past games, you will notice that most of our goals are from set pieces, crosses coming in from Kia that were headed in by someone or another. Kaebi is too short to head anything in, in my opinion, if anything hes a facilitator, not a finisher.

18. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    One of the reasons why I no longer have the same hunger for TM. Most if not all of our goals are set pieces. The game's not called the beautiful sport for no reason. Before Branko, we were a creative team, that played beautiful football. I watched our qualification video's against Japan for WC02.. we went down once and kept attacking, when we leveld the score, we were still attacking and even when we had the lead... and now its just ..boring, stupid .. weak. Its a shame to be a TM fan watching this team win 2-0 by a set piece against Syria.
    I don't know about you, but thats how I feel about team meli.

19. Mehdi322

Mehdi322 New Member

Sep 4, 2006

dont worry i think it will come back if mustafa gets hired, i mean just wait for amir to play a stupid defencive game against taiwan and then watch taiwan score a goal and win 2-0, a team that lost to korea by 8, then amir will get fired, and mustafa will be considered and if he gets hired we will have 3 strickers 4 mids and 3 def and our team will more attack mode and more into speed

20. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Well I started feeling that way about TM long before most people on here. I know that I gave up on TM right after the Bahrain game where we drew away, and everyone was satisfied. I just couldnt fathom how we were happy with a draw against a team whose entire population was less than the number of footballers we have in our capital!
    I know that I was thoroughly disappointed after that, even wanting us to lose games just so that we can wake up, something that never happened. Its funny because right up to that Bahrain game I was actually hopeful, that things would change and the old creative attacking TM would once again find itself, but I no longer feel that way.
    I have secondary teams that I follow, and god knows, Im not a result oriented fan (Spain) I love teams for the way they play and I support them because Im somehow affiliated with them, TM though, I, very much like you, have lost interest in.

21. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    For similarity reasons, Kaebi would be in the same role that Azizi played next to Daei.
    I am suggesting we need to find that kinda player for the second forward position, also need to try out Kazemian and Borhani for the same position till we find the right guy. I believe Kaebi would be as good as any of those two. Kaebi can be very very effective and dangerous inside the box.