The best free kick artists in the world are.....

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by BED-STYPUNDIT, Mar 10, 2006.

1. k_nico

k_nico New Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Aliev scored on freekick from an amazing distance for the Ukraine U20 team. I believe it was near the 40 yards, and the accuracy was amazing too.
    Has anyone seen this goal?

2. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    no he is not. how many goals has he scored from 30+ meters out? not many at all and hes probably tried 300 of them. and he rarely forces the goalie make a save outside of just boxing it out. its usually wide or hits the goalie straigh on. hes got a heavy shot but has no controle over where itll end up.

3. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    you couldnt be more right. id take his two teammates adriano and recoba over roberto carlos too.

4. nowayjose

nowayjose New Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Beckham is not technical enough to be consistent like the Brazilians. A lot of things can wreak havoc with his ball games, like what that spice girl is wearing on any given day.

5. Miller2010

Miller2010 New Member

Oct 23, 2005
    1. Juhninho
    2. Pirlo
    3. Ronaldinho
    4. Mihajlovic
    5. Adriano - dont watch serie A much but when i do this guy seems to rocket them in

Im probably forgetting someone.

R. Carlos and Beckham dont deserve to be on the list. Carlos rarely scores when he hits them, and beckhams go in 2 the wall. Scored a nice one against cadiz a month or so back though. Not consistant enough

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I thinik Lucio and Alex (PSV) have scored more free kick goals than Beckham in the last 2 years. Lucio does have some nice free kick goals.

For me:

1. Juninho
    2. Totti
    3. Mihaijlovic
    4. Ronaldinho
    5. Pirlo
    6. Solano
    7. Rogerio Ceni (goalie for Sao Paulo)

2 through 6 are very, very close.

Beckham used to score them. But now he is just terrible.

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    looks pretty good. just take out the "2 through 6 are very, very close" line. put mihaijlovic on top. put pirlo ahead of totti and recoba and Del Piero ahead of ronaldinho, and henry and adriano ahead of solano and there you go ;)

8. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juninho is so money right now. I think in the first leg of the CL against PSV, he was lining up a free kick from about 40 yards out. The announcer said, "Surely he's going to serve this into the box. He can't be thinking about scoring from here."
    Then he proceeds to knock the shit out of the ball, gets a little bit of luck from an odd bounce and the goalkeeper being blinded, and he scored it. At this moment, no one can touch him.

9. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    youre basing this on that free kick? that was terrible. any goalie should save that attempt.

10. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mr. Comprehension,
    My point was that Juninho is so good right now, his crappy free kicks go in. I did mention it was lucky and the goalkeeper messed up. Nevertheless, great player make their own luck, which is exactly what Juninho did.

11. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Juninho is the best , no doubt.

But i'm fkcing surprised and dissapointed that nont many mention Shunsuke Nakamura , i have never seen that guy execute an bad free kick.

12. tysmith10

tysmith10 New Member

Mar 14, 2006
    North Vernon
    Beckham has had some sick FKs with ManU. Roberto Carlos, Ronaldhino, and Henry also have some legit bombs they can drop. I'm sure RC got pretty pist when Beckham was given all the FKs when he arrived at Real.

I think we can all agree that there is nothing better than watching a tyte free kick, unless its against your squad.

13. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    Ceni, yes!!! I was trying to remember his name, he is amazing. I think he had 3 in one game last year.

14. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

2 and then he missed a penalty.
    That was sad :(

15. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Its annoying when people assume a player is a freekick genius for scoring once or twice in a season. Sinisa Mihaijlovic scored 12 in a season, thats more goals than Peter Crouch from open play. Pirlo scored 4 in 5 games earlier this season. Rogerio has something like 19 in his career as a goalie.

Frequent scorers:
    Juninho
    Mihaijlovic
    Marcos Assucao
    Rogerio Ceni
    Pirlo
    Del Piero

Frequent threats:
    Beckham
    Recoba
    Ronaldinho
    Riquelme
    Deco
    Alex de Souza
    Nakamura
    Xavi

Great when they go in:
    Roberto Carlos
    Henry
    Adriano

16. BED-STYPUNDIT

BED-STYPUNDIT New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Brooklyn/Boston
    How could you say Henry is not a threat?

17. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    he is? ;)

18. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Rogério has 56 goals in his career, between FKs and PKs.

In 2005, he scored 21 goals and was São Paulo's top scorer of the season. We had a lot of problems with our strikers getting injured or leaving the club.

19. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    and he never played anything but goalie? if so then that is very impressive.

20. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    Solano isn't on there somewhere?

21. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    2 free kicks scorer and son of a f..ing bitch then he missed a penalty because he hit it over the goal.
    Otherwise he would have had a hat-trick (a plus, vs a mexican team ;) )

22. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Pirlo was good until he just stopped trying (practicing, whatever). He hasn't scored anything lately, and has hit the wall more often than not. Us Milan fans keep hoping he'll return to form.

Juninho is the best freekick taker around. Magnificent skill and extremely consistent, no one else really comes close. There are a large amount of players who can put in a good free kick, but few who can do it consistently.

23. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes, he has always been a goalie.
    Now he has 61 goals and only 20 from PKs.

24. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    that is crazy. pirlo, who is famous, or atleast has been the last couple years, for his free-kicks, has 21 for milan. that dude has 41 as a goalie. i dunno what to say. im impressed.

25. paladius

paladius Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States