The worse brazilian player ever in Portugal

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  2. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    "dá chutão e porrada."-I find this ironic to come from one of the biggest jackasses to waltz into our league.

This is almost as retarded as Hugo Ibarra coming out to criticize Mourinho.

Got no respect. Comes into the league, sucks, and then starts fighting in about every single-game. He should've stuck to that Brazilian Karate crap, because futebol is not his game, and it wasn't the division.

I'm assuming the next time we hear from Fabiano will be around the same as we hear about Ibarra-which will be never. Good riddance.

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    you are a 100 percent correct

4. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    To me it's got to be Fabiano, no need to explain my self is there? :cool:

5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Fabiano was the biggest BUST of a Brazilian striker I ever saw.

6. Nelso

Nelso New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Avanca, Portugal
    To be more correct, we would need many posts to put here all the names... I didn't liked Fabiano, and Ibarra was not brazilian.

I would say the 4 players that Benfica (my team) once had, in the Paulo Autuori times: Marcelo, Paredão, Paulão and Luis Gustavo!

Leo Lima is a good choise, as well as Leandro do Bonfim and PITBULL, but I prefer the Benfica players, for the worst and for the better... :D

7. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I though Luis Fabiano was good?

How old is he?

8. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No one here said Ibarra was Brazilian. Just bringing up the fact that Fabiano was being a little bitch just like Ibarra.

9. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I dunno what to say about Fabiano. He played well while in Brazil, and also played well on the NT. He has now had 2 failures in Europe - one in France, another in Portugal. This latest stop in Spain may be his last chance to prove himself capable enough of being a big-time player...

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wait...your telling me Fabiano played for the Brasilian NT? When did he have time too do that?

Hold old is this guy

11. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Copa America...

12. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Oh yeah the one that Adriano won

13. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Fabiano had problems w/ his mom no? Kidnapped for ransom or something?

14. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    ...as did Rogerio's from Sporting and Robinho's, and while each of their games was affected as well, it wasn't something that stopped them from competing and playing hard and doing well under the circumstances...

15. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    There are literally hundreds of brasilian players playing in Portugal.

The fact that Fabiano, a Brasilian NT player, was brought up to start this thread is nothing but concealed smack talk crap.

Show up in the smack thread and we can try to make a list of crappier brasilian players that played for Benfica alone :rolleyes:

16. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    class.
    repped.

17. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If we're talking price to expected talent ratio, Luis Fabiano would definitely be the worst for the money Porto paid.

Concealed smack talk crap? Que?

It has nothing to do with Porto, Pinto Da Costa, or anything like that. What it has to do with is the comments that Fabiano made despite the fact that he had no one to blame for his failure here but himself. No one talked smack about Porto, but if you want to feel that insecure, go right ahead.

Hell, when Luis Campos was Beira-Mar's coaches everyone talked about how he sucked. Was that "concealed smack talk crap?" You bet your ass it wasn't; it was simply the truth. So is the case now, even though Fabiano is no longer a Porto player.

18. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    what about Paulo Nunes from Benfica years ago? He was supposed to be a star!

19. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    he might have sucked (or at least did not meet OUR expectations) but the truth of the matter is we still made money with his sale; i.e. we sold him for more than we paid for him! Actually, with the sale, Porto was even able to pay his full salary from this past year... Only w/ Porto. :D

20. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Let's put Benfica's Roger up too. He didn't meet expectations. I don't know about being the "worce". :)

21. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I just love the way this thread morphes from giving opinions on the worst Brazilian Soccer player in Portugal and becomes an Anti-Porto Thread...

Only Portistas and their inferiority complex...

This is the same complex that they claim not to have:D

All someone had to do was mention that Fabiano sucks and the Tripeiros come out in droves...just like locusts...

You guys are starting to sound like me when someone mentions Ricardo:D ;)

22. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    The title of the thread is "The worse brazilian player ever in Portugal". Luis Fabiano is no where near that, and anyone that honestly thinks so needs to have its head examined.

And the thread title doesn't say anything about "expectations" or "money/performance" ratios either. If that was the case Roger would be a lot more expensive than Fabiano.

But what I find surprising with this thread is...its starter. I mean, Frank seems to have such a good memory at times (when he starts his weekly threads of rememberance for Benfica's european titles) and then, inexplicably, seems to forget the hordes of brasilian players that have failed in our entire League, or even in his own club, to stick this "worst brasilian EVER in Portugal" label to Luis Fabiano. A player that failed in Porto, yes, but under the circumstances everybody knows (3 coaches, inconsistent team with inconsistent attacking production, pressure, etc etc etc).

If I wasn't so damn naif I could swear this thread was just a bit malicious. :rolleyes:

23. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    I can´t consider Fabiano the worst brazilian ever in Portugal, simply because he wasn´t :) but i can certainly consider him the biggest disapointment ever...

24. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So surprising...because they give him 4 and 1/2 stars in fifa 2005!!

25. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I'm entitled to my opinion, and anybody the insults my daddy's country don't deserve what he got from me, I guess you didn't read the article

no malicious from me, against your club, in away I was defending your club :rolleyes:

read the article again