Marco Paulo working out with Revs[R]

Discussion in 'Portugal: Clubs' started by Frank Cunha, May 3, 2005.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Former V Guimaraes player training with the Revolution:

This team off to Revolutionary start

Scroll down to the end of that article and you'll find this:

Marco Paulo Couto, a 30-year-old defender who played for Vitoria Guimaraes in Portugal's Superliga last season, is expected to arrive for the Revolution's practice match at Harvard University today.

Here's some info on Marco Paulo gathered by Revolution fan, The Magpie:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/show...280&postcount=

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I wonder what kind of chances his got to make the team, if I'm not mistaken the Revs still undefeated

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    any more news about Marco Paulo?

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    anybody know what happen to Marco Paulo? did he go back to Portugal?

5. Medeiros

Medeiros Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Pawtucket, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont think he is with the team anymore...and jus for the record I went to the trial game when he was here (REVs vs Harvard) and I wasnt impressed. I was so excited to hear we have a Portugues person on trial and then I was really dissapointed...He didnt look at all interested and even his touches werent all that nice, he played CB for i beleive the whole game and never stood out

6. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I never hear him of him in Portugal, I was surprise Zeferino a ex U21 international didn't make DC United

7. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Marco Couto is on the Beira-Mar plans,

elections are coming and here is a list of promises by both candidates

Futebol/Beira-Mar/Eleições: Augusto Inácio treinador se ganhar a Lista A Augusto Inácio será o treinador do Beira-Mar caso a Lista A, liderada por António Filipe, ganhe as eleições do clube, marcadas para o próximo dia 18. O líder da Lista A apresentou-se esta noite, avançando como reforços os nomes do guarda-redes Palatsi (ex-Guimarães), Marco Couto (ex-Guimarães e Al-Ahly), Romário e Nicolas (ex-Arcos de Valdevez), Zeca e Joel (ex-Marítimo). A Lista B, liderada por Marques da Silva, já tinha escolhido como treinador Jorge Silva, ex-técnico do União de Lamas e do Valecambrense. Quanto a reforços, já foram adiantados os nomes de Palatsi, Comboio (ex-Alverca), Hermes (ex-Marco), Banjay (ex-Covilhã), Capela e Inzaghi (ex-União de Lamas), João Paulo (ex-Boavista) e Joeano (ex-Académica).