Disgraceful HSV

Discussion in 'Germany' started by The_Special_One, May 17, 2005.

1. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    anti Iranian?... perhaps if it was the Zandi issue maybe I'd see something fishy about it... but not in Mahdavikia situation, I did watch the game and he actually did what he was suppose to do before he got red carded (which is creating good scoring chances, got wasted thanks to Mpenza who is really overrated these days btw, but when your assist attempts don't result in a goal you don't get rewarded for it by Kicker)... I don't see anything even remotely related to racism here... it just seems that Mahdavikia (even if you say he wasn't good this season) has done enough for HSV over the years, to deserve a break from the club when he is having a rough time!

2. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Rommendahl hasn't done much for Charlton, and Saviola isn't a winger.

3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agree on Rommedahl. I actually think Rommedahl would fare better in the Bundesliga.

He just wouldn't be paid nearly as much! ;)

4. The_Special_One

The_Special_One New Member

May 17, 2005
    london
    Why are you guys getting so heated over this :D , i just wanted to start a little discussion, not an argument. And pls dont insult one another, calling one another trolls and such what, its not nice really.

But my point was not whether Madhavikia is actually performing or not. Infact I did say in my earlier post that i was well aware that he was having a poor season. My criticism is off the coach and the way he is handling his player. I just dont buy the whole ' Needed to motivate his player, so he criticised him' theory. It just doesnt work for me, and never has, cause what it tends to do is not only discourage a player, but also make him feel as if its him against the coach, club, and even the other players. It also tends to make a player feel unwanted, so instead of performing, the player tends to just give up and wait for a transfer. Look at Mourinihio, Alex Ferguson and all the other great managers, they never, ever, criticise their own players,even when they make mistakes that might cause them a spot in CL final or winning the EPL. You say that he has actually started playing because the manager left him out and criticised him, well maybe its just that the guy came out of his bad form, and had they let him play more games he might have come into better form earlier.

And you say the player wasnt even performing under the previous manager? But is that this season or last? If its this season, then its really simple, the poor guy is having a bad patch. 7 years i have followed this player in the Bundesliga and this is the first time i have heard of him not playing well.

And you cant keep deciding everytime, whether to let someone play or sit on the bench, simply based on their previous game. If that was the case, even guys like Ballack and Makaay would be left out on the bench, cause even they cant perform game in game out and even they tend to get red cards. If the guys been playing well for 2-3 weeks, and then u leave him out cause he gets a red card (not to mention your team ends up losing the game you leave him out), doesnt seem like Doll is as good as you say. And whats this nonsense you tell me about practice, you cannot leave out a player who has been one of your most consistent players for over 5 years, simply because he isnt looking good in training, i mean come on.

As to Rommedahl :D poor guy hasnt done anything at Charlton cause he hasnt got the chance under that crappy manager. He used to be a great player, but talented players cant do much when sitting on a bench. And actually saviola did play a lot of games on the wing for Barcelona ;) .

5. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    You're calling Curbishley a bad manager :eek: Give me a good justification for why he is crappy and I'll rep you, but to me, he is a great manager with limited resources...if anything it's Rommedahl who hasn't taking his chance and seized it.

6. The_Special_One

May 17, 2005
    london
    Okay, ill give it a go :rolleyes:

The main problem with Curbishley, the way i see it, is he is boring. Simple as that. He is one of the dullest and most predictable managers in the EPL. Now dont get me wrong, i have nothing against Charlton or Curbishley, but all you have to do is look at the way they have played over the last few years and see that not only are they not a good team, but also extremely negative and predictable. Its his negativity as a manager that doesnt allow him to get the best out of his players. I mean you name a single Charlton player who actually has more talent that Rommedahl, i honestly cant think of a single one, yet right from the start of the season, the poor lad is used primarily as a sub. No wonder they cant score, and that is their biggest problem, and the reason why he is a 'crappy' manager :D .Its the fact that sides like West Brom, Norwich, etc go to Charlton knowing they dont have to defend too hard cause there is virtually no threat from Charlton going forward. And yet the guy doesnt start Rommedahl.

There are plenty of managers in the EPL with limited funds who have done much, much better than Curbishley. Look at Big Sam at Bolton, fantastic manager, with small funds, and yet gets the best out of his players. If Curbishley had been in his place he probably would have benched Diouf, and that is the difference.

BTW, the only reason Charlton were having a good season few years back was cause of Scotty Parker, since he left to go to Chelsea, they have struggled. Talking of which, whatever happened to the millions of pounds chelsea paid for him, why didnt Curbishley use it wisely to get better players in :D .

7. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I think this belongs in the Premier League thread...

8. The_Special_One

May 17, 2005
    london
    You asked me a question, i was being polite and gentlemanly in giving you the reply :D .
    Its rude to ignore a direct question, even though i know it belongs in EPL.

9. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart

Weren't HSV going to buy him a little while ago? What happened that? It's a shame they didn't get him, i agree with The_Special_One that he is a very talented player.

10. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    ********in HSV!! they hate their best player Mahdavikia and prais a dumb ass van buyten who can't defend!

11. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    ow yeah and van der vaart?? he is stupid as a person and sucks as a player!

12. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    Yeah right, that's why he is in almost every team of the season I've seen so far and the 5th best defender in the kicker. And that's also why he is the only (!) player in the Bundesliga that played every second in the last season (except goalies).
    Good old german saying: "Wenn man keine Ahnung hat, einfach mal die Fresse halten."

13. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany
    Hmm that ShaRule is either Iranian and therefor biased . or he is dumb as hell (which is obvious)

I am no HSV fan, but Mahdavikia sucked ... he really sucked and I guess thats why Thomas Doll placed him on the bench

14. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    Yeah right pt.II, that's why he played for Oranje when he was 18 and was Ajax captain at the age of 20. What exactly to you smoke??

15. The_Special_One

May 17, 2005
    london
    I dont know about the other guy he mentioned, but there is no doubt in my mind Van der Vart is overrated. Very average player.

As for Madhavikia, he was their best player towards the end of the season, not to mention in the last game, keeper pulled off great saves too deny him twice.

In my humble opinion, if anyone sucks, its their manager :D . Seriously, i really dont like that guy :D .

16. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    You guys just don't get it, do you?
    Mahdavikia is the 2nd best payed player in Hamburg (only Barbarez gets more money), it's simply not enough if he's the best player in a meaningless game against a already relegated team. He had 3 good games this season, and maybe 3 last season. He did nothing to justify his high salary. He maybe the best liked player in Hamburg (and I like him a lot aswell), but his performances have been very poor over the last 18 months and he earns way to much for what he does, so he has to leave, simple as that.

17. The_Special_One

May 17, 2005
    london
    Heh, i totally agree with you sir, i have said it before, if they cant afford him, sell him. But your manager and club GM have made some very unsavoury comments about the poor guy, you must admit.

18. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    All I read was that they said that they are disappointed because of his poor performances, that they expected him to be way better, that they are very unhappy with his development and that he can leave the club. I don't know if that is unsavoury or if I just missed some of the comments.
    And btw I don't think that they can't afford him, they just think that he is overpaid and so they want him off the payroll.

19. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    after KIa's comeback he' has been in team of the week for 2 times in 4 matches! yet Doll wont let him play..this sunday he came in in the 2nd half..he was good! or wasn't he?

20. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    lol van buyten isn't even a starter for Belgium NT....your star player..that's funny

21. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    you're right everybody admitts this! but not the HSV fans!

22. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    Jesus Christ! Do you actually read what other people write???
    Otherwise a discussion is as useless as your childish comments.

And btw what team of the week? Iranian press? Your own?

23. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    no i heared its something they always do in bundesliga, ow and did you even saw the last games kia played?

24. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    I was in the stadium at 16 home games and I saw 14 out of 17 games on Pay TV, how about you? How many HSV games (full 90 minutes) did you watch this season? None?

25. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    Then show me your source. Because I don't give a damn what you "hear", I want facts.