My membership expires in August, why should I give you idiots more money?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by MikeLastort2, Apr 20, 2005.

1. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Your site sucks. Apart from having an avatar (big fvcking deal) and a sig (even less than a big fvcking deal) give me a single reason why I should pay another $30.00 in August?

You say you're going to fix the problems. The issue is that you say you've been saying that you're going to fix the problems for the last two years, at least.

Hmmm, maybe I should ask MikeLastort what happened to his account.

:rolleyes:

FIX THE PROBLEMS NOW, OR YOU WILL NOT SEE ANOTHER DIME OF MY MONEY!!!!!!

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually it's $33... but I digress.

Mine expired on April 11th and I went two days without renewing. The ads drove me absolutely NUTS, I caved in a renewed just so I could get rid of the ads. I can't fathom how people can put up with them.

3. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mine is up in two months.

Bigsoccer, Huss, speaking candidly, I so want to renew, but your service is quite honestly ******** now and you know it. PLEASE get your act together so I can stop bitching and renew my deal.

BTW, I just got a new member to join, fabiroche87. She wants to get a membership. So you have two memberships on the line here.

So after being so polite, I will keep it real.

Huss, get your ********ing ******** together. You ignore threads, respond days after, your server is ********, your ads are ********ing annoying, stop shitting on this great site.

I ********in swear, this site is like a restaurant after changing managment. From great to ******** man.

4. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get it together, buddy. I'm leaning toward not renewing.

5. hiddink_magic

hiddink_magic New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Wendouree
    FFS Mike,

Calm down buddy. You're a mod but you think that the site is crap. Then Leave.

6. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Firefox. The adblocker is heaven.

7. JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest Member

Mar 3, 1999
    Hi,

[rant]
    A couple of things: if the site has sucked for two years than what are you doing here? Give me a break...
    [/rant]

A few things to note:

1) Once we have these problems resolved we will be extending the expiration date of our premium subscribers to make up for the trouble they have put up with. We will determine the length of time once we have the problems solved.

2) We are investigating a new host. Believe me, we did an unbelievable amount of research when we last moved in January and we honestly paid up for what we believed to be one of the best hosts out there. They came highly recommended across the board. Our experience has been exceptionally bad. Worthless support, unanswered questions, accusations, flat our major errors. I hope we have found a new host that is smaller and more focused on helping us out. As always, I can't promise that they will be great but we've got to do something.

3) I know there are some recent ads that should go away soon. I also know there have been some annoying database errors that we are tracking down. Why this ************ing website can't just stay stable for a day or two is beyond me. Incredibly painful.

8. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Personally, I'm here for the misery.

9. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JQ, thanks for the update.

10. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    nice to see the expiration date was extended :rolleyes:

as for me... i'll only re-up if i'm not getting onto bigsoccer because of a busy server

and i've had zero problems with that

the ads don't bother me and never have (provided they don't make noise)

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It won't block all of the ads, I used FF or Safari everyday. Not to mention how much smaller the threads look when there are ads.

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, considering I reupped last week.

13. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get Proxomitron. You can tweak the kill file to block anything you (don't) want. :)

Except some of the Flash stuff.

14. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    I use it and it blocks the top one everytime. That's the one that appears to slow down the page the most. Probably wouldn't hurt to look at some fault tolerant solutions for these off-site hosted ads.

15. hiddink_magic

hiddink_magic New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Wendouree
    Well said.
    I am just as shocked as you are on ML2's attitude.

16. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Then you must be new around here.

17. fiddlestick

fiddlestick New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    The 4 8 0
    I'm rich. I don't need the money.

18. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    You think he's bad, wait until you meet Mike Lastort. He makes ML2 seem like a fuzzy kitten.

Sachin

19. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    I haven't encountered a single popup for a long, long time here, I have never been a 'supporter' and I have never had any specific anti pupup programmes, either. Strange...

Can somebody give the background on ML & ML2? Sounds intruiging... :D

20. hiddink_magic

hiddink_magic New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Wendouree
    I believe that they are the same person.....

Oh and I am not new. I have been around for a while.

21. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    I let mine go yesterday. I got tired of it. I usually only browse DCU's and Real Madrid's forums anyway. I don't need an arcade, signature or avatar. I come back because there isn't anything out there comparable.

You have to meet Mike Lastort to appreciate Mike Lastort :)
    Dude's a good guy.

22. hiddink_magic

hiddink_magic New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Wendouree
    IF he is such a good guy then tell him to change his attitude. He's a mod FFS

23. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    MikeLastort could chew Geritol and sh!t nails, he was so tough.

Someone once told him to break a leg. He broke Dema's.

He took Clint Mathis' game.

He makes Vinne Jones look like Cristiano Ronaldo.

He framed Sekrah (for all the BS old-timers out there).

Anyway, you get the idea. Compared to MikeLastort, MikeLastort2 is Gandhi stoned and on valium.

Sachin

24. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're poor. ;O

I honestly don't feel paying 33$ for an Avvy and a Sig is all that worth it. >_>;

25. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    I once made a joke about Huss being some guy in a basement, hunched over a big red BUSY button, laughing maniacally... but this ******** isn't funny anymore...I have a 2250/440 conection, and the truth is, I'm too damned impatient to wait the 30+ seconds for most of these goddamn pages to load.
    I'm freakin' ecstatic that there are 'suitable nodes' now, but that doesn't mean I'm not sick of the HTTP 500 errors. I just tried to rep you, and got one, and if that means it didn't go through, then you absolutely did not deserve the rep anyway!

I only registered because I wanted to reply to a specific thread, after two years of occasionally 'lurking'...
    Then I only paid for the damn thing because I intended to support the site.
    That's all.
    What the ******** am I 'supporting' here?
    A sig?
    I say cleverer things every ********ing day, why the ******** do I care what people think the funniest goddamn thing I heard that day is?
    An 'avatar'?
    I'M A GODDAMN ********ING MOTHER-********ING GRAPHIC ARTIST!!!!!!!!!!
    IF I REALLY GAVE ONE ********ING ******** ABOUT THAT, I'D DO YOU UP A GOOD ONE!!!!
    Busy signals you say????
    LMMFARTFO (laugh my mother ********ing ass right the ******** off)
    Am I really better off trying to load any ********ing page on this site than I was just hitting ********ing REFRESH?

I mean, seriously.... there are lots (and by lots, I mean EVERY) of websites out there that receive tons of traffic every day, and cope with it quite well, thank you...
    Take a little bit of that god-awful ad revenue, and invest it in something other than prostitutes. Like maybe a server or two that can handle 30000+ users to hit a ********ing ostensibly 'established' website a few times a day without complaint.
    THE ADS!!! acch! What the ******** am I paying for, if the goddamn mother********ing mother********ing mother-********ing ads are STILL taking up all the mother********ing bandwidth? Not to mention the ads with sound... WTF were you thinking when you said OK to that? $$$... Why don't you put up a flash page that warns us to hit the ********ing mute button before entering?
    It may be a 'pittance' to me...and to you...and to most...as individuals...but as a paying group, we deserve more than "We are looking into it." And I don't mean a ********ing PROGRESS REPORT, you're not in ********ing school (I hope, though I am beginning to suspect)... I mean PROGRESS xxxxxx.

Now, the fact is, I'm not even HALFWAY into my little rant, there are plenty of other things to rip you for, but I have to go ******** my girlfriend before she gets mad at me... I don't want to deal with the consequences, so I'm fully prepared to take preventative action...

Why don't you think about the analogies...?