Election Day Smack Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Elections' started by dreamer, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Can't blame tonight on him.

To tonight's CSPAN callers who voted for Bush:

You might have won tonight.

But tomorrow, you'll still be a passel of crazy-ass dumb********s.

On the soundtrack now: "I See a Darkness," Johnny Cash

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Well, do you think Bush wins this as a challenger to Gore?

3. StingRay37

StingRay37 Member

Dec 4, 2000
    North Carolina
    Didn't help Al Gore. :D

4. Dan Loney

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Do you mean, would Gore have won this year? Probably not. Bush did some quality cheating this year - even better than in 2000.

And by the way, why do we have to move to France? Why don't they move to Iraq? I didn't spend the last year yammering about what a great job we've done bringing hope and freedom to France, did I?

5. thehands1616

thehands1616 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    little island
    a salty dem maybe

6. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I thought you knew no one with an income higher than lower class wasn't allowed to be in Iraq. They can't go. They'd have to ride camels in the Saudi desert, with our democratic friends.

7. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Another Loney masterpiece.

8. Dan Loney

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Some things in life are bad
    They can really make you mad
    Other things just make you swear and curse

When you're chewing on life's gristle?
    Don't grumble!
    Give a whistle!
    And this'll
    Help things turn out for the best.
    Eh?

Always look on the bright side of life

9. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just go to bed, Dan. Pretend it's all a bad dream.

Look on the bright side: The Galaxy has a better chance on Friday than Kerry did tonight.

10. StingRay37

StingRay37 Member

Dec 4, 2000
    North Carolina
    Good point.

11. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Always look on the bright side of life.

80% turnout in Montana is ok.

12. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    And the chrry on top...

Daschle goes DOWN!!!!

Life is sweet!

13. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    America, F&@# Yeah!

14. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Freedom isn't free, it costs a buck o five.

15. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Postivie rep could not do justice to this post.

Loney is singlehandedly saving me from suicide.

16. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

No, I'll take that as you're an f-ing moron.

17. MiamiAce

MiamiAce New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Miami, USA
    What Will Happen to the Liberal Love-Fest (Bush Hater Legions) on BigSoccer?

Will you liberals admit defeat? Or will you make a mockery of yourselves and the Democrat Party (again) by crying "foulplay, corruption, voter fraud, conspirancies" and throwing everything but the kitchen sink just to avoid reality and the inevitable. President George W Bush is YOUR President for another 4 years. Your tactics of scare, Bush-bashing, and conspirancy-theories.... yea, guess what? It didn't work. Why? Because you fail to recognize that the Democrat Party is growing out of touch with mainstream Americans. I know a lot more Democrats that voted for President Bush than undecided voters or Republicans who voted for Kerry. And it was all because of cultural issues and moral values.

The war in Iraq and the U.S. economy are not stable right now. Most people (including myself) know that President Bush did not live up to expectations on these issues. So indeed, it was safe to assume that the Democrat candidate should have won in a landslide... but then why didn't Kerry win it easily with these factors?? Why is President Bush ahead by 3.5 million votes in the popular vote? I'll tell you why... because more people are finding the Democrat Party to be only a shadow of what it use to be, more people are realizing that the Democrat Party is out-of-touch with most Americans. Ever since it tool a hard-line approach to pro-abortion, pro-homosexual rights, more governmental control, and firmly keeping faith out of the public sector and in thus people's daily lives, the Democrat Party is something else nowadays.

Its time to look in the mirror for the Democrat Party.

So now what happens to the Liberal love-fest here in this forum? Do you concede that you are divorced from the heart of America and that your ideals are out-of-touch with mainstream Americans? Or will you try to spin it and just procrastinate the inevitable?

18. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  19. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: What Will Happen to the Liberal Love-Fest (Bush Hater Legions) on BigSoccer?

Do you really think Bush has some sort of mandate?

20. bmurphyfl

bmurphyfl Member

Jun 10, 2000
    VT
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: What Will Happen to the Liberal Love-Fest (Bush Hater Legions) on BigSoccer?

I'll fully admit I'm "divorced from the heart of America". I'm for fiscal responsibility and you are for deficits. I'm against mismanagement of military conflicts and you are for it. I'm for holding people responsible for making mistakes and you are not. I'm for equal rights and you are for gay-bashing. I'm for putting science ahead of religion and you are not. So, since more people agree with you, I will admit defeat.

They call it the heartland because it certainly isn't where the brain is.

21. USAsoccer

USAsoccer Member

Jul 15, 1999
    Tampa, Florida

You decide...

He won the popular vote...got the most votes in American History, in an election that had more people vote than ever...

The Republican Party picked up 4 Senate seats, including knocking off the minority leader's seat.

The Republican Party added 5 seats in the house to increase the margin there to 233 to 202.

You see Claymore, it is the folks that think like you that took a great party and reduced it to rubble!

22. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA

I know this is just a kick them while they are down type of post but the liberal vision doesn't go away. It's still very strong all over the world and just a little less than half the country would like to see us move back towards that direction. No doubt that the Neo-Conservatives and Fundimentalist Islam are winning the fight against liberalism but it's a long way from over. I think that liberals in the US will try harder than ever.

23. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes. We need to look in the mirror, and figure out how to persuade 2% of the people who voted for the Other Party to vote with us. That would have given us the White House, and the Senate. (I think. Maybe the Senate would have been 50-50, but then, the VP would be Edwards.)

Either way, the media were gonna overreact. If you get 51% of the vote, you get 100% of the power. So getting 49% is a real serious problem...IN THE SHORT TERM. In the long term, it's not a real serious problem. It's a small problem.

EDIT: USA, I thought it was +2 for the GOPs. Do you mean the margin increased by 4?

24. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

That may be true, but the "harder than ever" was supposed to be this year.

25. DynamoKiev_USA

DynamoKiev_USA New Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD

It's not a small problem because the margin of Bush's comfortable victory across the country consists of people who will NEVER be persuaded otherwise -- they vote with their values, religion, morals, etc etc. Look at exit polls, look at geography, look at common sense.

There could NEVER be a more stark contrast than between Bush and Kerry this year. The Republicans will NEVER have a more incompetent president than Bush. And yet this was an easy, comfortable win for Bush.

This is not a small problem for the Democrats, it is an insurmountable one.