NFL Week 6 (R)

Discussion in 'Football' started by Jeff, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    I like the Pats in a 30-20 win over the Seahawks, though Alexander is going to give them fits. NE's offense still hasn't really hit their stride but that will come at home vs. a demorailized but good team, one that has to fly across the country after last week's heartbreaker.

0-5 Dolphins at 0-4 Bills. Just wanted to type that because I like reading that.

Thoughts on other games?

2. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It NEVER fails. Every year there is one game where they show the Cowboys against one of the very few teams I hate even more, and every year that is the TV game the Cowboys lose.

Pittsburgh 24 - Dallas 20.

3. B1

B1 Member

Feb 19, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Damn, nice prediction Jeff!

4. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    That would have been the Miami-Dallas game for me last week. BTW, Miami is now 0-6. That is too funny, although for some reason I think they'll beat the Rams next week on the grass in SoFla's humidity.

Guess I made a good prediction on the Pats game. Controlled just about the whole game save for a late scare. Showdown time with the Jets next week.

BTW, Randy Moss just added to his legend, in double coverage, pulls down a 43 yard bomb, and slows his momentum enough to make sure both feet land in bounds. Touchdown, and game over, given that Aaron Brooks is a good QB as long as he doesn't have to make any decisions on where to throw the ball.

5. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ben Roethlisberger looks like he's going to be one of the greatest QBs in NFL history. That kid is AWESOME! Plays like a 10-year seasoned veteran.

6. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Byron Leftwich is the greatest QB ever, and if you don't agree with that, then you support Al Qaeda.

7. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    He's good no doubt about it...... but defenses are going to start to adjust now that they have some tape on the kid. The law of averages will catch up at some point this year.

He could turn out to be some gem.

8. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe a bit of a stretch? ;)

One thing's for sure-- no one can ever accuse Kerry Collins as being "the greatest QB ever". He sure ain't the answer for the Raiders' current woes, that's for sure.

With Rich Gannon done for the season, seems like things are going from bad to worse for my lot. :(

9. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    I rarely pimp my own posts or predictions, but.....

10. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No worries, Jeff. You're entitled.

Especially since I tipped the Rams. :eek:

11. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    You are allowed my friend...... you are allowed. Great call.

12. SherwinRazmy

SherwinRazmy New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Perhaps it is time to start Tui and get him some experience. Poor guy got injured last year and deserves another chance. What do we have to lose it can't get worse than last place in the AFC west, that's right we are behind the Chargers!!!