Manchester United-fenerbahce

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by oguzmania, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Mariachi

Mariachi New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Canada
    Hey Nicephoras...

I don't give a damn if you have problem with Turcs. Just watch the game, watch our success, then you keep swearing at us. But you'll, one day, appreciate how far we will be gone.

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Good for you, but I don't. I also don't have a problem with Belgians if I say that the Belgian league has done fcuk all in the CL.

What success? You mean your fabulous 1:1 draw with Georgia? I've no interest in swearing at you, as Turkey really doesn't concern me.

You've managed to get to the quarerfinals of the CL once. Um.......wow?

And now, back to your regularly scheduled ManUtd programming. This discussion belongs on World Rivalries, especially if you're going to claim that someone who can't even start for Inter is better than Gerrard.

3. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    That is why Emre was INTER PLAYER OF THE YEAR!

LOL, keep them coming.

Anyways back on topic. ALEX IS GREAT! He scored two late goals in Genclerbirgli game and FENER WON 2-1!

Fener struggled in the game though. I hope we can draw at Old Trafford, or maybe 1996 all over again.

4. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    To be quite honest, any team that is struggling to beat opponents in the Turkish league will have trouble against United...

Newsflash... Rooney will play, he might even start... BWAHAHAHAHA

5. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Err right. Rio back in the team, heinze looking solid, Rooney set to make debut, Ronaldo, Giggs, VN, Smith to deal with as well?

Face it buddy, you're @ssed out... :rolleyes:

6. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Proof, please?

7. raven76

raven76 New Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Baltimore,MD
    http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=14074&L=en

EMRE WINS 'GOLDEN PIRATE' AWARD
    Friday, 14 May 2004 10:26:08
    SEVESO (MILAN) - Emre Belozoglu is the seventeenth winner of the 'Pirata d'Oro' (Golden Pirate), an annual award given by Inter Club S. Pietro Nerazzurra Seveso members to the best Inter player of the year.

The award is named after Giampiero Marini, nicknamed 'il pirata' (the pirate), to whom the Inter Club is dedicated, and is a twenty-centimetre high gold sculpture of the club's logo on a marble base.

After thanking Inter Club S. Pietro Nerazzurra president Giancarlo Belotti and the numerous fans present, the Turkish midfielder expressed his great satisfaction for the award and emphasised that he will do everything to show he deserves the faith and warmth of Nerazzurri supporters.

Italy captain Fabio Cannavaro and Alberto 'Jimmy' Fontana were the other guests of honour at the event, with Inter Club Coordination Centre director Fausto Sala and collaborators Stefania Ghiroldi and Luigi Senis representing the official Nerazzurri supporters' nerve centre.

Prizes were given out at the end of the evening, with proceeds from the special lottery given to charity.

Past 'Pirata d'Oro' winners:

1985/86 Giuseppe Baresi
    1986/87 Walter Zenga
    1987/88 Riccardo Ferri
    1988/89 Andreas Bremhe
    1989/90 Giuseppe Bergomi
    1990/91 Lothar Matthäus
    1991/92 Davide Fontolan
    1992/93 Ruben Sosa
    1993/94 Nicola Berti
    1994/95 Gianluca Pagliuca
    1995/96 Javier Zanetti
    1997/98 Ronaldo
    1998/99 Benoit Cauet
    1999/00 Laurent Blanc
    2000/01 Avv. Giuseppe Prisco
    2001/02 Christian Vieri
    2002/03 Emre Belozoglu

8. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    Emre=Inter's best player, according to Inter.

Enough said.

9. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Laurent Blanc was winning PoY awards as recently as 99/00? Wow. I never realized. If that award means anything, the screwball certainly did pick an inopportune time to start sucking :mad:.

10. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    LOL, when exactly was the last English team to beat Gala? Chelsea in 1999 right. All others have failed.

IMO, this Fener is just as good as that Gala team.

Anyways nice of Rooney and Fergie to debut Rooney for this game, so I guess that means he will be unexpierenced with his new teammates. Nice one,

11. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    LOL, so Emre has been two time Inter player of the year in a row.

No Inter player has ever done that, since they have been giving out the award, so you can safely assume Emre is Inter's best player ever. And he is only 23.

What do you have to say Nicephoras?

12. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    All others being? I would like a list of them please...

Wow... real jump in logic... funny thing... see if you did a poll and asked who the better player was, most would say Gerrard, if you asked Pool fans who their best player ever was, alot more of them would say Gerrard than Inter fans would say Emre... Emre is good, but his being their best current player has alot to do with the fact that the team is not exactly at the height of accomplishment right now.

13. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Disingenuous.

Nobody in this thread really believes Emre is Inter's best player ever. In your zeal to ram crow down Nicephoras' throat, don't leave your honesty at the door. Realize you're being at least partly sarcastic, but there's no need to be so rude. Nicephoras asked for proof, and it was presented. Leave it at that.

14. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    Well the guy bashes Emre all the time like he is a piece of sh1t. Emre is such a great player and we all know that, but some people (Nicephoras) think he is sh1t.

Of course i was being sarcastic, Emre is Inter's 2nd best players all time.

15. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    Watch football?
    Leeds Uefa Cup semfinal-couldnt beat Gala
    Arsenal Uefa Cup final-couldnt beat Gala
    Liverpool-Champions league 2001-2002-couldnt beat Gala

Last English team to beat Gala was Chelsea in 1999 Champions league.

Never said Emre was better than Gerrard here, just said Emre is Inters best player.

Cheers.

16. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks... just wanted the list that's all. No need to get snippy... I wanted dates for all the matches too... with scorelines... Lazy I am.

Well, if your opinion on that has changed since then, then fine... but you never came out and said I dont think Emre is better than Gerrard, so I was just going on what was said here by others.

17. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    No problem, Sorry if I sounded rude. I didnt mean to.

Ok I still think Emre is better than Gerrard. There you have it. I am just one man but I did not know my opinion meant so much. I also think Nihat is better than Owen. Shocking isnt it.

18. Manny

Manny New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Man Utd are going to be huge favorites to win the game on tuesday. Not because Fenerbahce isn´t a very good team, but because Man Utd are so great in Old Trafford and because they are so experienced. The Man Utd players are used to these kind of games.
    Only about 3 Fenerbahce players have CL experience and that is a big disadvantage. Fenerbahce looked very nervous against Sparta Prague in the first game and they made a lot of silly mistakes in the defence. They can´t afford to make such mistakes against Man Utd.

Someone asked about the number of brazilians in Fenerbahce. They´ve got 5.
    Aurelio, Luciano, Fabino, Nobre and Alex.

nicephoras, Galatasaray played in the Semi Final of the Champions cup about a decade ago. ;)

19. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    This thread is great.

20. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Standard thread for when we face a team in the CL that isn't from one of the big four leagues. They'll claim we don't respect them and they have this player and that player who won such and such award and are at least as good as our guys. Our big weakness is something which happens to be a strength of theirs, they had some result six years ago against some other big squad (who may or may not have had injury issues), we shouldn't assume an easy result, they think there is a good chance they can pull off a 3-2 win, blah blah blah...

21. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    That big squad was Manchester UNITED. 1996.

22. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And it was eight years ago as well. So really I was wrong twice. Thank you for correcting me, as well as for missing the point entirely.

23. raven76

raven76 New Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Baltimore,MD
    So you don't want other fans to visit this forum and discuss two teams and their chances before a CL game?
    What's the purpose of the message boards then?

24. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The point is that they always turn into pissing matches and that most assumptions that these fans have about us are wrong. We're far from arrogant or dismissive like some would like to believe. In fact, plenty of us cheer for the US as our national team, so we know a thing or two about being underestimated.

I've got no problem with a proper debate as long as its based on something intelligent. I don't have the time to point out every ludicrous statement in this thread, but suffice it to say anyone with any basic football knowledge can find at least a few. And I was mentioning that it isn't the first such thread we've seen here.

25. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Yeah Achtung is right. This happens alot the thread goes off topic like saying we are arrogant this and that blah blah. I must admit though that I am guilty for taking some of them on at time and chaning the topic of the thread.