EJ & Adu: AEK vs Aris (Superleague) 2/21 16:45 Greek/ 9:45 ET

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by nick_3f, Feb 19, 2010.

1. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]

Big derbies for match day 23! AEK vs Aris, Paok vs Panathinaikos.
    In a few words Athens vs Thessaloniki. That means a lot.
    Athens and Thessaloniki are hateful enemies in soccer history. We dont like them, they dont like us. We think they are dictators of football since they get all the titles with support from whole football system. Superleague, referees, Ministry of sports etc.
    Thats why a win against an Athenian team means a lot for us. And somehow half Greece is celebrating for it.
    You may think i exaggerate but thats the truth.
    4th vs 5th. It means a lot for both teams and for the road to playoffs. If we win we make a huge step for being in the best position at playoffs. If we loose its not a disaster but then Kavala and other teams will get hopes for playoffs as well.
    AEK uses Olympic Stadium which is a national stadium and the largest in Greece. Its the stadium that Greek Cup final will take place and the start of Olympic Games 2004 was there as well.
    EJ will play for sure cause Campora is out for yellow cards. I guess Adu will start too from now on.
    Lets hope they shine at this derby. Opponent coach is Dusan Bajevic one of the best coaches in Greece. He was Aris coach as well 2 years ago and lost the cup final against Olympiakos.
    The match is at Novasports channel which is payTV.

[​IMG]

2. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So in the PAOK vs Panathinaikos game would Aris fans prefer a PAOK win?

3. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Its really difficult to answer. Hate between Aris and Paok is out of this world, but sometimes we unite our feelings against Athenian teams. I m saying my opinion cause i m sure other Aris fans will have different thoughts.
    For me i think a draw is the best result. Secondly i would prefer Panathinaikos win so i can have paok near me at playoffs.

4. aris-salonica

aris-salonica New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Salonica, Greece
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    We are totally indifferent what happens in other games. We just look and care about our team.

Of course, there are no good feelings for Paok or any Athenian team, but that doesn't mean we have to support one of them, when they play each other.

I guess, we would prefer both of them to lose, if that was possible! :p

Anyway, about the Aek-Aris game...

We won't have Campora, due to yellow-card ban, as well as long-time injured Daly. Hopefully, Meriem will play, wearing a protective mask for his recently broken nose. Glad to have Nafti and Fernandez back healthy, we will need their personality for such a kind of a match.

Unfortunately, Aris fans won't be able to travel to Athens, due to the prohibition of fans' travels and Aek's unwillingness to give us any tickets.

Tomorrow, we will learn the 18 players that will travel to Athens.

Let's hope we see a repeat of last year's result, when we got out of there with a much needed victory 0-1 (Koke the scorer).

5. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    This is bad news. I understand they won't sell you tickets (strange as that is), but what's the prohibition of fans' travel?

6. VAMOS ARIS

VAMOS ARIS New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Salonica
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    EJ and Adu its almost sure that will start;)

7. aris-salonica

aris-salonica New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Salonica, Greece
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Due to the violent behaviour of Olympiacos fans against Kavala 1 month ago (they destroyed almost half the stadium, breaking the seats and attacking/injuring Kavala's fans), the greek government decided not to allow away fans to travel to other cities and support their team massively any more.

Instead of arresting and punishing whoever initiates or participates in such kind of incidents, the greek authorities apply general, superficial laws that won't resolve the problem, but will simply postpone it....

Big story, neither the place nor the time to discuss... You 'd better get used to reading a lot of "strange" things from now on. They may sound weird to you, but for us it's -unfortunately- common reality.

Let's just say that here in Greece, the problem of violence in sport areas isn't treated as seriously and efficiently as it should be and that's mostly due to the lack of knowledge of the people in charge...

8. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am jacked up for this.

This is a real oppurtunity for EJ and Adu to establish themselves with their club and in the hearts and minds of the Aris fans. It is also against serious competition, this is the kind of competition and type of game that makes players going to Europe important. This is a much higher level than the MLS guys competing with EJ and Adu will be able to compare with.

Let's get it on!

9. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agreed, fingers crossed!

streams?

10. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    http://bebinio.com/ and http://ellinarasgrtv.dom.gr/ as always.

btw, to avoid any misunderstandings, we don't hate every team from Athens, we only hate Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, AEK. We regard them responsible for the corruptness of our league.

I know, I sound biased, truth is that I am biased, but you'll probably watch the greek superleague for the next 18 months, and you'll see what I'm talkin about.

11. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    hmmm......this is going to be a VERY TOUGH game for our boys.

playing away, in a hostile environment, in a HUGE statdium, without any supporters.

it's going to be very DIFFICULT....hope they can take it like a champ.

12. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Imo, it will be easier than against Xanthi in their home. OAKA stadium holds like 60k ppl, but they will only have like 30k fans or a number close to that. So the enviroment won't be that hostile. Plus, it won't be raining, the condition of the field will be fine. Anyway, we haven't lost to AEK the last 2 years, we can win there.

13. Bremas

Bremas Member

Sep 30, 2009
  14. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    i see. thanks!

glad that it's nothing like Mexico. lol

15. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This one of the teams we're supposed to hate???

Then down with the slimy bastards!!! Bring on the pain boys!

ARIS!ARIS!ARIS!

Vamos Aris! Vamos Adu! Vamos EJ!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.....Ok gotta go to work now see ya guys later.:D

Seriously I'm pumped for the game.

16. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

Freddy vs this Yank?

[​IMG]

17. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Who's this?

18. VAMOS ARIS

VAMOS ARIS New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Salonica
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
  19. pinback

pinback Member

Sep 7, 2005
    File name says Andreas Chronis. I've never heard of him either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Chronis

Andreas Chronis (born 25 April 1989) is a Greek-American football player currently playing for Panaxaiki F.C in the third division which is currently in first place. on loan from AEK Athens FC in the Greek Super League.

For the 2007-2008 season, Chronis was loaned out by AEK to Greek Fourth Division club Nea Ionia. In August, 2007 spent time with the U.S. national football team U-19 national team. Chronis went to Holy Cross High School (Flushing) and the youth soccer school from New York Red Bulls.[1] He is currently studying at the American College of Greece also known as Deree and he is devoted to soccer. He is supposed to go back to AEK Athens FC for the season 2008-2009 after having played a year in Nea Ionia as a loaned player.

20. pinback

pinback Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Ah, beat me to it!

21. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    do we have a roster yet?

22. ARIS_SUPER3

ARIS_SUPER3 New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki

yes:cool:

only ARIS:)

here ,some videos from the season 2007-2008
    ,when we get ticket and we went to aek-ARIS...2-2,500
    ARIS fans

[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4rtof_aek-aris_sport"]Dailymotion - Aek-ARIS - a Sports & Extreme video@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4rtof@@AMEPARAM@@x4rtof[/ame]

13minutes...in the beggining it shows the busses which transfer us to athens

23. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, it sucks they won't let you guys go to the game. How long is this ban?

Can any team ban fans from opposing teams on a whim?
    Great video by the way.

24. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Its up to the ministry to decide when all ultras can move again. :(
    Some nice clips from last years game as well.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kXIf1TxAig"]YouTube- A.E.K. - ARIS 0 - 1: Pasion y Fuerza, parte 1, 12-4-09[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uagy5d4ad20"]YouTube- A.E.K. - ARIS 0 - 1: Pasion y Fuerza, parte 2, 12-4-09[/ame]

You can see Regueiro (Adu's spot), Battion, Roberge our ex players.

EDIT Battion is loaned at Banfield. Apertura champion.

25. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    The 18 men squad against AEK
    Σηφάκης, Πέσκοβιτς, Αραβίδης, Χαβίτο, Νέτο, Κόκε, Ρονάλντο, Κάλβο, Νασούτι, Αράνο, Φερνάντεζ, Γκαρσία, Αντού, Τζόνσον, Μεριέμ, Ορτίθ, Βαγγέλη, Ναφτί.

Big surprise Prittas is not in. On the other hand Prittas needed a rest cause he was playing all 90 minutes while Nafti and Fernadez were injured. Meriem is in the squad even with a broken nose. Tean is flying to Athens at the moment.

Good news for Ian Daly and propably a message for USA and Adu.
    National team of Ireland asked Aris to give the player for friendly match of Ireland U21 against Armenia at 3 March. :)