Post Photos of Seat Relocation Event Here!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by wandering soccerdog, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Member

Feb 2, 1999
    W. Orange <-> NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Awesome.. and the night pictures... well, i just can't wait for this game.. soccer sport needed a house like this one in the US.

4. wandering soccerdog

Mar 29, 2003
    Anyone got photos of the seating chart from the end of the day on Tuesday, October 6th?

5. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Homebrew4U

Homebrew4U New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Eastchester, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    Thanks for the pics homebrew. Did they say how many have been sold so far? It doesnt look like the club seats are moving much.

8. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome Homebrew! Thanks!

9. Homebrew4U

Homebrew4U New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Eastchester, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a problem!

They didn't say. The originals of these are 3k x 2k, and quite readable, and I'm sad to say that I'm likely to count them up sometime soon, probably while I'm doing laundry. I'll post a report when/if I do.

10. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  11. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing we know already. The stadium will look awesome on TV. The lower level sideline seats -- the ones within camera range -- are already almost full.

The five midfield sideline sections 124-128 total about 3000 seats. Looks like they are about 2/3 full. That would be 2,000 seats. I'm guessing there are another 700 elsewhere in the stadium, for a total of about 2,700.

12. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    I was thinking the same thing about how much better it will look on tv with those sections almost full already. Good thing the club seats are on the side where the camera will shoot from because I have feeling those will be empty.

13. Homebrew4U

Homebrew4U New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Eastchester, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, here is the count from my photos, prior to my group's selection on Oct. 8 at 6pm. These are the counts of seats with blue dots:

Club: 132
    Midfield: 1438
    Sideline: 1362
    Corner: 332
    Endline: 316
    Supporters: 168

Total: 3748

I know that I was a 4-game holder, and that I bought that plan in June of this year. Only one person selected after me, and there was one very small group (maybe 10 people) watching the Petke video as we were leaving. I suspect they might be the end of the partial-plan upgraders, as there couldn't be very many with lower priority than me.

Next up are those who've paid a deposit to receive priority before the general public sales begin on Oct. 15, while those who have already bought may add on unlimited additional tickets if they wish. I'd imagine that full-season plans will be the only sales continuing until the schedule is announced, which will allow the partial-plan sales to begin.

1 person likes this.
  14. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good Job. I was there on Oct 2nd and was guessing we would get to 5,000 by end of this week which was obviously an overestimation. I think the Red Bulls think it is better at keeping the numbers a secret so that people think there are more seats sold, but I think it just creates the opposite effect. They should just announce the official figures so people realize that there are seats being sold and the better ones are filling up.

15. Homebrew4U

Homebrew4U New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Eastchester, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The better ones are, indeed, filling up. Lower bowl midfield seats were 79% sold out (1334 out of 1697) as of my count. Lower bowl sideline seats were 62% sold (1252 out of 2012).**

I'm pretty sure that most future ST sales are going to be done over the phone and internet. (No efficient way to schedule random general public inquiries, plus, they were talking about striking the chairs and tables in the selection room last night while I was paying.) I doubt we'll really get any more info unless they announce sales sometime in the spring.

What we do know is that there are currently somewhere around 1500 full season accounts, and that each account averages about 2.5 seats, with renewing partials, and any new sales yet to be added to the total.

**Edit: This is counting only the 4 main sideline sections.

16. twelfth man

twelfth man New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Connecticut

17. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    because each supporters group has a different philosophy, each supporters group has its own section. Only ESC is in 101

18. MulletGSS

MulletGSS New Member

May 8, 2009
    NJ
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    let the inner rivalries begin!! haha

19. Tifosi FC

Tifosi FC New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Can someone explain to me what the different philosophies might be? Wouldn't it be better to have just one large supporter group?

Also has anyone managed to talk to any of the construction workers on site during the relocation event? Id be interested to know what they think of the Stadium.

20. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ESC uses words that might not be considered family friendly. RBN has an atmosphere that is more family friendly. ESC sings in both english and spanish, and the songs, being pre-RB, are sung as metro. GSS prefers to sing in engish and for RB.

21. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    are you saying I'm wrong and that all the supporters groups are of the same opinion on what songs should be sung, and in what language, and what name to call the team (i.e. philosophy)? Even within the ESC we have conflict on the songs. I was merely pointing out to someone that is probably not a member of one of the supporters groups that there is a reason we are separated.

22. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Calm down, i don’t really think that he was being disrespectful, just a Little sarcastic.

However, I really think that a large SG is better than several small ones. When one SG sings united the chances for all the people in the stadium to sing along them increases. At the very least, it will sound louder.

23. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about them photos...

24. MulletGSS

MulletGSS New Member

May 8, 2009
    NJ
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    no i was just being sarcastic and making ajoke about inner rivalries like in Europe where two supporter groups from the same team hate each other. haha no big deal.