Beckham In The Media Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by jorgeinla4, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure they thought a move to LA would get them out and away from the paparazzi.

For David, his angriest day is when they are NOT outside.

2. Pegasus503

Pegasus503 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
    http://www.people.co.uk/sport/footb...objectid=21617576&siteid=93463-name_page.html

not the most credible of news sources

23 August 2009
    David Beckham's LA Galaxy secret get-out clause
    Tom Hopkinson

David Beckham's contract at LA Galaxy has a secret get-out clause, People Sport can reveal.

Question marks have been raised over the England midfielder's future in the United States after he confirmed he will return to the San Siro in December for a second loan spell with AC Milan.

Beckham has been given a rough ride since returning to the US following his first stint in Serie A. And the 33-year-old could get out of his MLS deal at any time if he wished.

An MLS source revealed: "It wouldn't be easy because the contract is so complicated, but it's there if Beckham has to use it."​

3. gg26

gg26 New Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  4. snkscore

snkscore Member+

Jun 24, 2007
    La Grange, IL
  5. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Seems like the book did a success in influencing (almost) everybody's view on him (especially those who never known him before - like those paps).

Who cares about his voice really? I think his is okay. Not girly at all. He's more than man enough to cover it. Guess some people have NEVER heard of "accent" before. As far as I can hear and see..that guy and his voice(the one who reported the "news", not the one who was paparazying at the airport) looks and sounds more gay than anyone in that vid. They were just clearly pissed off that they didn't get anything that they can manipulate with from David. Maybe a little bit jealousy in there too. So came the stupid jabs at his voice/lack of speak. Notice how the girls were really NOT okay with all of their "jokes" there. Hahaha..

Opps..Sorry..just felt the need to defend him a bit out of unnecessary things. :p

6. G8GT

G8GT New Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Redlands
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beckham finally scored yet on Sportscenter's into this morning there was no a mention or clip or anything of it. That is surprising because ESPN Sportscenter always mentioned Beckham's goals in the past as one of the top stories at the intro of Sportscenter.

I wonder if they even showed the goal at all. They probably buried it in the back of the sportscast.

8. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't the morning Sportscenter just a repeat of prior night's Sportscenter? In which case, he hadn't scored yet when it was originally broadcast....

9. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au-wVMTAsz8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au-wVMTAsz8[/ame]

Well..he wouldn't be called as world class and the best at what he does for nothing. This is really fun! I hope to see more of this or anything like this from their training in the future. It feels more "fans' friendly". :p

10. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, has Becks won back the LA crowd yet?

11. drew coho ohio

Apr 15, 2008
    Columbus OH USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

that's a big Ten Four

12. Pegasus503

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
    After DB's shot, while everybody is laughing watch Donovan juggle and try to ignore it all.... interesting body language..... LD struggling to share the lime-light?

there was little interaction last night before during and after the games.

13. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must be thinking of Fox Soccer Channel. ESPN Sportscenter is live every morning as they had the latest NFL highlights from the night before so they certainly could've had the Galaxy highlights and I wonder if they showed it??

Beckham's star has fallen in the media because he hardly ever scores. Hopefully he can turn that around and the media will notice more.

14. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw Donovan join the group hug after the goal, looking sincerely thrilled. Also a big congratulations to Beckham after the game. I think you're reading too much into him juggling in the video.

15. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well I thought the same thing too! But then, like Geneva said, I saw Landon ran into Becks after he scored..my mind went a bit "confused". Oh well..perhaps, in this vid, Landon didn't want Becks to be too "cocky" with his talent. :p

BUT..there is more interesting thing that I want to share with you guys. Have you guys seen/read this? I don't know whether drew coho, Pegasus & dashiel would be flattered or not..but I'll post it anyway. (And I LOL so hard when I first read it! :D)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...frenzy-as-David-Beckham-boosts-LA-Galaxy.html

LMAO! :D

16. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nice going guys.
    I'll be holding you three personally responsible for the pending influx of new posters culled from the upper echelons of The Sun's readership.

Batten down the hatches....

17. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Haha, this is great!

Are you guys signing autographs yet? Should we form a line? :D

18. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    While obviously a ridiculous hype article framed to make it appear Becks has single-handedly turned the team around (its the Sun what do you expect?) it is cool that they have a graphic of the MLS Western Conference standings. That alone will generate more interest in the Galaxy and MLS. "Can they catch Houston for 1st place?" "Will Becks turn the team into a champion?!!" And while I know some look down on Beckhamanian EuroFans, to me (in the long run) new fans = more TV viewership = more MLS money = higher salary caps = better players in MLS = more enjoyment for me. :D

19. Leonidas23

Leonidas23 Member

Jun 9, 2008
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i agree ^^^

20. Pegasus503

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego

The positive side is that the world has now heard of Los Angeles Galaxy and MSL, whereas 3 years ago US soccer was considered a joke by domestic Amercians and by the rest of the world.

later edit....I hadn't seen the Sun article when I responded...I feel so dirty to be quoted there

21. Pegasus503

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego

Damn....I made the SUN..... that just ruined my year...where can I wash my hands and eyes...

22. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    And soul.

Don't worry folks, I've got my Brit-troll-bashing armaments poised for a tactical strike should the next aspiring Ben Talos appear...

23. Pegasus503

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego

24. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States