Alert: Crocketteering for Austin Support (June 5: Aztex vs Battery)

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by CagedMonky, May 21, 2009.

1. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Hello Aztex fans and in particular members of Chantico's Army...

Work will bring me to Austin June 3rd - June 6th and I plan on attending the Aztex/Battery game, my first USL game and looking for some friendly hospitality.

Few things:

1) I would enjoy it much if I can watch with Chantico's Army, even though you will be our future rival one day.
    2) Can I bring my camera to take pictures and post on our website @ www.crocketteers.com?
    3) Maybe I can interview the leader(s) of Chantico's Army to also post on our website. I would like to interview about what it takes to support a USL team and how to run a supporters group. Maybe get your group's though about a future rival in San Antonio and how together our two Supporters Groups can make the Austin/San Antonio matchup and rivalry better than that of Houston/Dallas. Making a rivalry a great one can really help the sport of soccer in our two cities.
    4) Can you help me get some sort of 'media' or 'press pass' to interview the owner and coach of the Aztex so that I may represent San Antonio and ask questions concerning the future of soccer (USL) in San Antonio?

2. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well hell man bring the whole crew. Bring yer booze, yer drums, yer spirits and yer ganja ;).

As far as interveiwing and taking video/photo of us we need all the exposure we can get. But to be sure hook up with El Presidente de Los Chanticos (Mgrayscale).

Also just FYI Los Chanticos are no longer the only SG now that is occupying La Villa Azteca, aka Section A at Nelson field. For those of you who speek spanish well you can get some info, up close and personal like, from Los Guerreros Indigenos. :D

3. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'd ask that you leave your booze and ganja in your cars.

4. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    So another Crocketteer has confirmed to be at the game as well. Another is a maybe. How much are tickets?

5. kingqueso

kingqueso Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Tickets for our section are 20 dollars US.

6. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But do bring them. That way i'll have a nice haul when I key yer coche. :rolleyes:

7. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Slight, they're $18 for endline and $22 for center circle. The Supporter's Section would qualify as a $18 ticket.

8. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Thanks for the info guys.

9. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
  10. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be there as soon as I get the litter boxes changed.

12. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to threadjack but there will be a couple Battery fans flying in for the Match on Friday as well.

13. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thats not thread jacking, thats just letting us know that "others" beside the Coon heads ;) will be commin to visit us in La Tierra Azteca.

Bring it on ya cannon swabs. :D.

14. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Now I wonder if should make a quick pit stop at the Alamo and pick up some coonskin hats for Alejo and I to wear?

15. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

uhh hmm I don't think so, but I'll wear whatever you got under that cap.

[​IMG]

ON MY BELT!!. ;)

16. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    So looks like we will have about 12 ppl coming to the game..... 2 are from Denver (Work) so about 10 are SA Crocketteers.

17. kingqueso

kingqueso Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a bad turn out for a SG with no team...yet. I hope we can represent Texas well tonight in front of a world wide audience. Last time we were on FSC we had our biggest turnout of the season so far. I am bringing a few people from work. I’ve been hounding them all season, and a few have finally said yes.

18. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Guys,

Thanks for the hospitality. I am all well back in San Antonio. Good Luck against the Battery today and in your open cup match this week. I'll follow online.

Check out our website at http://www.crocketteers.com/ . We have 2 posts from a couple of Crocketteers who made the trip. I'll write something to post in the next few days and load some of the pics I have from Wednesday and Friday evenings.

Thanks to Matthew, Eric, James, Sergio, and Steve..... I know I forgot a few names but thanks to all of Chantico's Army for the hospitality extended to us.

Maybe next time we can bring more than 11. It was originally 12 with 2 guys from Denver but it ended being 11 (all from San Antonio). Not too shabby.

Keep up the good work.

P.S. We are all FANS of Cuatros now.

19. kingqueso

kingqueso Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mike, you guys are welcome in the A-town always. It was real cool to meet some Texans with good taste in sports! Hope to see ya soon.