Die Knappen! Schalke 04 09/10 thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Dead Fingers, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Re: Die Knappen! Schalke 04 08/09 thread [R]

ye i dont think its going to happen..he has already turned down jobs in the epl because he said he wants to stay with croatia until 2010..

2. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen

Well, he would have time in the next months. But as you both expected he turned down Schalkes request (according to kicker). Rare (or for Schalke typical) is, that Bilic confirmed to the press, that he was in talk with Schalke, while Schalke denied it today. :rolleyes:

So, the search continues.

3. woodythenetminder

Mar 18, 2008
    DC area
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I've got to say the Schalke 04 ship is FUBAR! Kahn turns them down and that can't be a good sign. Can't find anybody wanted to take on the challenge of the manager's hot seat and the candidates are actually running away or denying they want to be or are being considered.

The situation and drama surrounding it may be more of a circus than it is worth. More likely, he is wanting Uli Hoeness' position upon retirement. I just don't see how that will work based on his recent relationship with JK.

"Schalke needs someone that can give them 100%," stated Kahn. "That's not me!"

Knowing him, those were tough words and strained to come out. There is much more behind the scenes here. Beckanbauer recommended Kahn and many thought this would be his ideal venue. I think he wanted it as well. I also think he saw all the choas, turmoil and lack of focus from the Schalke board that he knew the club would be challenged to progress despite his best efforts.

Simone looks good and he is now more commited to her and the kids. (The Bierhaus honey was something he made a huge mistake with-should have kept that to a one night FF and F, paid her some money and said bye).
    He gets a good salary from ZDF, gets to work on his golf game, play with ther kids and bone the wife. that's a good deal!

Cheers . . . Woody

4. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I wish I could disagree with this. :(

5. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen

I see Kahn as a someone, that would get crazy, when relaxing in the garden or
    playing golf. That´s hobbies, important to relax and forget some sorrors in your free-time. But too much freetime would made him mad. He needs a task, something where he can find limits, a challenge. Ok, he could also find it at playing golf, but that´s not the same. I think, that he wants to come back into football business and that´s the right decision, because there he has the connections. I think he chose Schalke to get to know the conditions they could offer (he was not happy with it and so declined) as well as bringing himself back in talk at other clubs (also in Munich). Good self-marketing move.

6. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Great game by schalke in the second half to win 2-0
    you can tell that they were really playing well together
    Sanchez surprised me with his effort and his playing.
    Hopefully they will win a couple more and gain confidence:)

7. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Maybe "die Knappen" should get coached by 2 managers in the future...:p ;)

Congrats and thanx for beating Bielefeld. Good job. :)

8. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia

the kicker report has altintop playing in the midfield.

was he really? how did it look like?

it certainly was a very attacking line up with him, farfan, kuranyi and sanchez all starting.

9. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

It really didn't seem like it until the last 5-10 minutes of the game. Kuranyi hit the post twice though, and then 91st minute scored by a brilliant threaded pass from Jones, who everyone in this form will tell cannot pass to save his life. :rolleyes:

Sanchez was the only player running at opponents, they need such a player. Racitic was also not bad when he came on for Sanchez. Farfan was pretty much useless nearly the entire 2nd half, he just stood in one spot and waited for the ball. Off the ball movement is something Schalke definitely needs to work on if they plan to become a better team.

10. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I didn't get to see the game but I know that schalke won can someone tell me what happened?:confused:

11. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good win today for schalke beating Bayern

however it was a bit of a dirty game with dirty tackles

schalke have won four games in a row with no head coach-

maybe they should stay this way

12. c3011

c3011 Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Ohio
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What was with the shoving match between Neuer and Kuranyi anfter the free kick that hit the bar????

13. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Completely undeserved win today from Schalke in every aspect imo.. They had the goal and another chance 90th minute they didn't pull a better passing game to win. Very good defensively, but that is nothing new. ;)

14. BongartzUndRivera

Sep 24, 2004
    NYC
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

Magath to sign four-year contract as general manager and head coach

The supervisory board of FC Schalke 04 has unanimously agreed to appoint Felix Magath as the club's new general manager and head coach. Magath will also take a seat on the managing board. The 55-year-old will put pen to paper on a contract with no restrictions that will run until 30 June 2013.
    "We're delighted he's decided to join us", said supervisory board chairman Clemens Tönnies on Wednesday. "He is the top-class solution I said we would present. His appointment is a major success for us in the footballing area."
    Following the dismissal of general manager Andreas Müller at the beginning of March Tönnies was tasked by the supervisory board with scouring the market for a suitable replacement. Initial contact was made soon afterwards. Tönnies said: "We had lots of conversations on the subject of FC Schalke 04 away from the glare of the media spotlight. I was able to inspire him emotionally and we reached a gentlemen's agreement to the effect that if he left Wolfsburg he wouldn't go to any other club." After more extended talks Magath finally agreed to join the Royal Blues.
    Tönnies is convinced Magath will succeed in his joint role of general manager and head coach. "He has the necessary authority and expertise to do the job. It may even be the model for the future", he said. The managing board, which is currently made up of Josef Schnusenberg and Peter Peters, is fully behind the decision.
    The objective is clear: Felix Magath is to help put the Royal Blues back on the road to success over the next four years. Though budget on the playing side is set to be reduced by eight to ten million euros, Tönnies doesn't see any contradiction in this. "We know there may be some difficult times ahead. So we don't expect to be able to scale up our targets on the pitch right away", he explained.
    Tönnies, Schnusenberg and Peters initially informed more than 50 supporter representatives of the decision before talking to the players and coaching staff and finally the media. "We have a brand new concept for the club that focuses on continuing to improve our youth work. We intend to give everybody sufficient time. I think we have a bright future", concluded Tönnies.

www.schalke04.de

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:eek::eek::eek:

15. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is very interesting. Does this indicate a paradigm shift in German football? I think I support the idea of the Coach being the GM.

16. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  17. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

yeah, he has history of leaving short of the end of his contract so I would be weary at first thought.

19. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Finally some change and hopefully for the best

All they need now is LM and CB

20. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96

Any news on Pander? Was it the same knee?

I really fear that this could be it. I mean, if he destroys his knee on a simple pass it's highly unlikely he'll ever be the player he once was.

21. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I don't think he has for a while now. He'll be like Ricken, known for his one kick ass goal at the international level. Pander's at least got all those injuries to blame.

22. Schalkoholic

Schalkoholic Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Siegen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04

..and now something totally different:

The schedule for Schalke's first pre-season under new boss Felix Magath is now almost complete. Training for the first-team squad will commence on Thursday, 25 June. The precise time will be announced in due course. Another warm-up match is set to take place during the training camp in Herzlake. The pre-season schedule at a glance:

Thursday, 25 June 2009: Start of training
    (Club complex, Gelsenkirchen)

Tuesday, 30 June 2009: Hochsauerlandkreis XI versus FC Schalke 04
    (Dünnefeld-Stadion, Meschede, kick-off 1900)

Saturday, 4 July: Victoria National Team versus FC Schalke 04
    (Stadion Hohenhorst, Recklinghausen, 1530)

Monday, 6 July – Saturday, 11 July: Training camp in Herzlake

Saturday, 11 July: Rapid Vienna versus Schalke 04
    (Gerhard-Hanappi-Stadion, Vienna, 2030)

Saturday, 18 July: T-Home Cup semi-finals, with FC Schalke 04, Bayern Munich, Hamburger SV, VfB Stuttgart (VELTINS Arena, Gelsenkirchen)

Saturday, 19 July: T-Home Cup final round
    (VELTINS Arena, Gelsenkirchen)

Saturday, 25 July: Union Berlin versus FC Schalke 04
    (Stadion An der Alten Försterei, Berlin, 1530)

Saturday, 26 July: Schalke Pre-Season Open Day
    (VELTINS Arena, Gelsenkirchen, 1100)

Friday, 31 July – Sunday, 2 August: DFB Cup First Round Proper

The kick-off times for the T-Home Cup have yet to be fixed.
    Tickets are available at www.ts-ticketshop.de

23. Marc296

Marc296 New Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
  24. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet

The biggest Problem on Schalke is a man called Schnusenberg.

He want to sell our Keeper to Munich.

How or however, M.Neuer is born in GE, love Schalke and is Germans next National
    Goalkeeper.

What to hell is in Schnuse... brain to sell him.????

Uli is a friend of him, Uli is his master.

When you will win the national championship you need the best players, and you will
    get them to buy or when you have to keep.

What is the logic of this man, win the championship with a B-Team?

Or will he only joking us.

This man fire Coaches like R.Rangnick (we had the 2nd place) M.Slomka (2nd place and quarter final in CL) F.Rutten, all are not good enough.
    And what think this man, we win the national championship the cheapest team?
    Under his name Boenisch, Özil and other great players selled.

What to hell talk this man for shit.

25. Schalkoholic

Schalkoholic Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Siegen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04

Round 1 DFB Cup
    so its Germania Windeck near Cologne in the first round.

Match will probably played in a stadium in Cologne cause their local ground
    has a capacity of 1000 :rolleyes:

Short distance for the Schalke Supporters so there will be more space needed.

See you in Cologne