Not Crew Related: USA vs. Barbados

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Matt D, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Matt D

Matt D Member

Mar 17, 2006
    new orleans
    crewbeat, nuthouse, buckeye, anyone else who might be going,

I saw in the USA Fans board that it looks like a few of you are going to be in LA the weekend of the qualifier. I have a 2 Q's for ya and I'm hoping you'll see them here.

Did you already get tickets? From the LARS forum, it looks like the supporters are in 138. And I just saw this post saying they are still selling tickets for the section. Is this who you got your tickets through?

Did you find anyplace to watch the Crew game on Saturday?

Gracias.

2. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been traveling with these two to sporting events for years and they always handle the logistics. I know we have tickets already and I'm sure they are in the supporters section. I know we talked about finding someplace to watch the game, but not sure if we did. I think our hotel is across the street from the one that was set up for US supporters. I'll try to bug Buckeye5 to answer you better.

3. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We already have tickets and are in Section 138 with Sam's Army. We got them through Sam's Army. I think LARS may have bought a whole block, from what I understand. It may not be a bad idea to get one through them, with the section suppossedly general admission.

I called nearly every bar on FoxSports listing of "Soccer Bars" in the Manhattan Beach area and down in Long Beach. Apparently, there is a bar over near Montebello or Whittier or something that has MLS Direct Kick, but it's not a great area for having to drive as far as it is from M Beach (45-55 minutes?). We're staying at the Residence Inn M. Beach/LAX, across the street from Grunion's, where the 'pre-night' party is suppossed to be happening.