The LA Galaxy Wants You!

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Galaxy Steve, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSUFstewie

CSUFstewie Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Placentia, CA
    Steves ... I GOT MY SCARVES TODAY!!! THANKS!!!

2. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fan fest went well today, and then to get home and 2 scarfs sitting in the mail.. Did I miss the memo that all season ticket holders were to get one? NO problem with that! Lexi mentioned today that Galaxy Hats are in the coming and they are working with the league to figure out why its so hard to get a #10Galaxy jersey.. didn't realize it was a problem... Apparently parking and security for Chivas games still bugging people. Overall, a good day. You probably don't see too many teams in England throwing a get-together for the fans, something Lexi alluded to , that AEG can offer business organization help to other teams, in exchange for ,, players !.. Interesting comments..

3. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, indeed, it is a huge problem - for me, anyway! Glad to hear they're working on it. Nice that the hats are coming too. Can't wait to get both items.

4. tehphil

tehphil Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Colorado
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my scarves came in yesterday too!

5. Carson Galaxy

Carson Galaxy Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Downey, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting a scarf is a great season ticket holder momento....I can't place a number on how many times better this is than a media guide and license plate frame (yes, I like to dwell on this)! Big thumbs up to the front office. Off the field, the front office is making strides to be Major League. Keep up the good work. I look forward to what we'll see on the field.

6. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scarves came. Was particularly glad to see this was not just a standard Addidas scarf, but one specifrically for STHs. Sweet.

7. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did it arrive Fedex or standard mail? I've yet to receive mine...

8. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    ALL:
    Good to see you at Fan Fest!
    I am glad you like your scarves! Please remember as I let you know 2 weeks ago, not every STH will get one by the first game :(.
    I am waiting for the 2nd shipment for mine which will make quite a few available for the rest of you, but still will not cover everyone.
    FO is working hard to get the balance made and will ship out as soon as received.
    Thanks for your Support!
    Steve Lesse
    Ambassador
    LA Galaxy

9. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somehow the US Postal Service managed to deliver mine.

10. mparker

mparker Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Section 141 Row G
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently the USPS has more love for some of you. Mine scarves came today rather than on Saturday.

So now I guess going waaaayyyyyy back to the orignal post... You can now call us the scarved ones.

11. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    got mine today also. Thanks!

12. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steve and Steve,

Sometimes I feel like a one man band when it comes to reserve games, but the next one is set to come up Monday:

MLS Reserve Division
    Mon, Mar 31, 2008
    10:00 AM (Local) CD Chivas USA Reserves @ Los Angeles Galaxy Reserves
    The Home Depot Center; Carson, CA

I understand that these schedules are provisional, subject to last minute changes, etc. For that reason, they are not well publicized. Is there any chance you can get a confirmation one way or the other that this first one is going ahead as planned?

And, in the best of all possible worlds, (for example, when there is a Saturday home match followed by a Sunday morning reserve game - typical schedule) could we get LAG to announce the existance of reserve games some time during the Saturday match - and actually invite fans to attend?

13. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    Here is the info on Reserve Games (subject to change) home games in bold:
    Link: http://la.galaxy.mlsnet.com/news/te...t_id=145175&vkey=news_lag&fext=.jsp&team=t106
    RESERVE TEAM SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED:
    The Galaxy have announced their Reserve Division schedule for the 2008 season, which begins this weekend in Colorado. The Galaxy will once again play 12 games (six home, six away) with all 12 games being played against the other six Western Conference teams. The complete Galaxy Reserve Division schedule can be found below.
    Sunday, Mar. 30: 9 a.m. vs. Colorado Rapids at Dick's Sporting Goods Park
    Friday, Apr. 4: 10 a.m. vs. San Jose Earthquakes at The Home Depot Center
    Sunday, Apr. 20: 10 a.m. vs. Houston Dynamo at The Home Depot Center
    Sunday, May 4: 9 a.m. vs. Real Salt Lake at Quinn's Junction
    Sunday, June 8: 10 a.m. vs. Colorado Rapids at The Home Depot Center
    Friday, July 11: 10 a.m. vs. Chivas USA at The Home Depot Center

Monday, July 28: 8 a.m. vs. FC Dallas at Pizza Hut Park
    Sunday, Aug. 3: 2:30 p.m. vs. San Jose Earthquakes at UC-SC Training Field
    Friday, Aug. 15: 10 a.m. vs. Chivas USA at The Home Depot Center

Sunday, Sept. 7: 10 a.m. vs. Real Salt Lake at The Home Depot Center
    Sunday, Oct. 19: 8 a.m. vs. Houston Dynamo at Carl Lewis Field
    Sunday, Oct. 26: 2:30 p.m. vs. FC Dallas at The Home Depot Center

Lisa, Customer Service Manager, has already sent out an email to all the FO Dept. Heads about the reserve games in part :

"I just received some questions from fans (by way of the Galaxy Ambassadors) in response to the release of the Galaxy reserve schedule yesterday. We have a small but passionate and growing group of fans who are very interested in reserve games and request that we do more to promote these events.
    The fans seem to understand that the schedule is “provisional,” to use one fan’s words, and often subject to late-breaking changes due to facility changes, visiting teams’ travel schedules, etc.
    Here are some suggestions re promoting reserve games:

· Confirming reserve game schedule on website the few days before each match

· Confirming reserve game schedule on outgoing 877# the day before each match (to address any late-breaking changes)

<edit Steve L.>

· Promoting upcoming reserve games via The Gold Standard

· Ask HDC to make sure their staff are kept informed about reserve game schedule on the day of the game so parking attendants et al. can advise visitors
    . Blog site announcement. <edit Steve L.>

Obviously these are not as simple to execute as fans may suspect, but perhaps we can commit to doing at least a few of these to promote the free, public, and very fan-friendly reserve games."
    LR

Comments from Steve L.:
    They are working on it right away! It is a great idea to promote the reserve games more.

14. salviGalaxy

salviGalaxy New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    here
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    April 20th game shoud be in bold as well

i hope these games get set in stone, i would like to go

15. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    Fixed it...Thank you

16. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow! Thanks Steve(s)!

And Lisa is the best, just the best.

17. Galaxy_23

Galaxy_23 New Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Your guys' scarfs just came? I got mine at Christmas time :| .. any news on when tickets will arrive?

18. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    =======================================
    Another oddity in MLS... Why isn't the reserve team game about 2-3 hrs before the main game? Wouldn't that be a money saver? The stadium is already open, you don't have to open another stadium or field up the next day and I would assume, then both squads could fly home together....or is the 'A" team spending the night all the time and going home with the 'b' team? Anyone know how that scheduling works?

19. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Who plays in the reserve games depends on who plays in the "A" game. The unused subs from the A game will get time in the reserve game.

20. Rodneyd

Rodneyd New Member

Aug 21, 2004
    La Habra, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I happly got my scarf Saturday, thanks.

21. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any day now.

22. chitrader

chitrader BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2002
    Hell-Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention that the turf would not exactly be in great shape for the "A" if you played the reserves on the same field just hours earlier (which you would have to if you played in some cities).

23. Galaxy_23

Galaxy_23 New Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Ok thanks.

24. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: The LA Galaxy Wants You! Update on Meeting with the FO

Going back to this post. How does one take advantage of this perk? First home game is a week from today and I haven't received a season ticket membership card or information on how to obtain one.

please advise. If I go hog wild at the team store I want to at least get my discount.

25. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    Re: The LA Galaxy Wants You! Update on Meeting with the FO

I will find out a direct ans later this morning. Did you receive your season tickets yet? My guess is that at worst your season ticket will get you your discount.
    UPDATE on Season tickets from the STH web page http://la.galaxy.mlsnet.com/t106/tickets/sth/

Please look in the mail this week (March 24-29) for your 2008 Galaxy season ticket booklet!

Your 2008 Galaxy season ticket booklet on collectible commemorative stock will be mailed this week via Fed Ex (no signature required). If you wish to keep the tickets in the booklet in mint condition you can use your online Account Manager to forward the tickets to yourself to print out at home. Please note that forwarding, reprinting, or successfully reselling any of your tickets through your online Account Manager will invalidate the printed ticket in your booklet. Please contact your Galaxy Account Executive or call 877-3GALAXY if you have any questions.