Arsenal v. Villareal, Champions League Semi-final @ Highbury, pre/dur/post [R]

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by billyho96, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KOLO!! KOLO!! KOLO!!

The defenders show 'em how it's done, again!!

:D

2. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    should be 2-0 henry timed his run great. but either way Toure with his first at highbury on the last european night there. i had a feeling ;)

3. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    it wouldnt of been a penalty anyway, right outside the box.
    and surely he wont play the second half, cuz he rolled around like his leg had either ligament damage or was broken :rolleyes: .

4. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Freddie comes off, how can he score the magic goal I have been predicting Phishy? ;)

5. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to see Toure get the goal. And Eboue should have taken the shot late in the match. Anyway, good pressure from the Arsenal and they need at least one more before heading to Spain.

6. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. That goal was onside. nice to be up but we've had so many chances (plus the wrongly disallowed one) that I'm a bit ticked that we're not well up. Still a clean sheet is better than 2 goals for us.

7. tmaker

tmaker Member

Nov 24, 2003
    Seattle
    So, since Adebayor isn't on the pitch, whom do we blame for our crap shooting now? Seriously, Arsenal have got at least to force Barbosa into a save, but he's not really been challenged yet. The Hleb pass for the goal was pure brilliance, but we should be up 2-nil. Nine shots, and only one on goal isn't good enough.

I'm happy to be up 1-nil, but I think we'll need more cushion than that.

8. pollywood

pollywood New Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Denvah via Boston
    Cisko, Thank for the link. Had to figure out for a second how to copy link into w.media player.

9. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a pretty good tackle by Gilberto, but in the replay the ref was right there so it was his call to make. No call so no worries.

10. gokorea

gokorea Member

Jun 2, 2005
    i dont know why but the korean commentators are very pro-arsenal.. =)

the stream is completely buffer-free and clear. thanks!!

11. cisko

cisko Member

Oct 12, 2005
    Indy
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, thanks to aerisgainsborough, he found the feeds page. ;)

12. retsniv

retsniv New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    NORCAL
    Toure=Legend I need a Kolo avatar

13. LFCFanInCali

LFCFanInCali New Member

May 12, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The way it's looking right now, I can't see Villarreal scoring from open play short of a defensive gaffe. Don't give up free kicks in dangerous areas and I think you're in great shape.

14. ZonaGunner

ZonaGunner Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Tempe, Arizona
    Way to go Kolo! Good to see another goose egg so far for Villareal, as the Gunners add to their scoreless streak. Let's see another solid 45 minutes!

15. cisko

cisko Member

Oct 12, 2005
    Indy
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, one goal ruled out for phantom offsides. The other chances have been decent but not sitters; Villareal are tracking back pretty hard.

Now let's take it to them in the second half... keep up the pressure. A second early on would be the tonic. COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

16. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So far so good ... for the most part. I think we should sub Hleb off for RvP or DB10. I know he set up the goal but other then that he was crap. Let's get one more.

C'mon Arsenal!

17. NSadhu

NSadhu New Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    After Toure misplayed the ball in the air, it looked like it came down on Sorin's arms, which would have been a handball. But on second viewing, probably his chest. Either way, Gilberto put his leg thru Jose Mari's legs, didnt' look like much contact to be honest.

For crying out loud, the guys was stretchered off then back on his feet a minute later. He's been rolling around all game. Arseblogger warned us about him.

We need to be careful of their speed in the 2nd half. They can definitely hit us if we're not firing on all cylinders for the full 90.

18. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    you are clueless dude.

19. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    the koreans love beautiful football. thats y they like arsenal and manu and thats y the hate chelsea!

20. billyho96

billyho96 Member

Aug 16, 2003
    Arkansas
    that penalty shout was legit, I thought

Gilberto clipped his right knee but then he went down holding his left knee.........diver.

21. idiparker

idiparker Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Hong Kong
  22. idiparker

idiparker Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Hong Kong
    It looked really bad, but I guess it wasn't after all. It was kind of kung fu, hit in the back of the knee, fold and flip forward.

23. zonametro

zonametro ASU here I come!!

Jan 26, 2006
    Arizona
    who cares if the ref called a pk

lehman would have saved it anyway

24. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Why? Do you really think it's a good idea to sit back and not keep attacking? I know we got the first goal but before that it looked to me like we definately need another forward up top with Henry. As for Hleb I think he's been crap except for the pass to Kolo. I just feel that we need another goal.

25. idiparker

idiparker Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Players are back, ready for kick off.

I can only do PBP for another 11 or so, then I have to move to another TV away from the computer so my mother-in-law can watch her soap (aghag!)