Glazer/United Continued Again

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by sarabella, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCgeezer

NYCgeezer New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    New York City
    cheers

2. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tell that to my friend JD Deitch, who is on the Shareholders United committee. I'm sure he'd like to hear all about that....

especially since he's:

a) American

and

b) Jewish

If you aren't up to reading people's opinions and the facts posted throughout here in the different threads, why should anybody spend anytime conversing with someone like you who is either too lazy or stupid to educate themselves enough to have a proper conversation. The mere statements you have made thus far only cement my initial assumption that you are ignorant, at the very least.

3. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

Theres actually plenty of basis for the belief he will cause the destruction of the club...But you are to thick to read up on it....I hate Glazer and I'm American and Jewish so there goes your bigotry Idea......

Please leave and don't come back until you educate your self on the situation.....

4. JB41504

JB41504 New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Detroit
    Do I have to spell it out for you people? There is NO basis currently for PROTESTING. There can and should be concerns, but those should be addressed in an adult manner until such time as they are ignored or not affectively handled. Nothing has happend at this point to elicit the protests and hatred being spewed by some MANU supporters. I have not heard one comment about how embarrased you are by the supporters who are protesting and the vile insults and death wishes that they are heaping on the Glazers. Today of all days I hope we would realize that there are serious life and death issues in the workd and that the fact that the Glazers own MANU is not a reason to wish death upon anybody.

Those protesters are doing more damage to the club and reputation of the club than the Glazers could ever do.

The Supporters ARE the club and it doesn;t matter who owns it the one thing that should never be compromised is the reputation of the supporters.

5. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

Besides trying to piss peole off what exactly is your purpose here.... :confused:

6. JB41504

JB41504 New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Detroit
    I am not trying to piss anyone off. I made my initial post which may or may not have been off base and was met with insults immediately. I am on the defensive, my firend, not the offensive. I am nto flaming, if that is what you are insinuating.

Why don't you address the issues that I raised in my last email instead of worrying about my motives. The reputaiton of the club is being tarnished, not by Glazer, but by the hoodlum protesters.

7. listen_up_fergie

listen_up_fergie New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Montreal
    The wrongs of the "hoodlum protesters" don't make the Glazers any better.

8. JB41504

JB41504 New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Detroit
    The Glazers have not done anything to hurt the reputaiton of MANU to date. Only the protesters have. I never said it makes the "better". My point is that they arre not being given a fair shake and that the real damage is being done by some supporters who are acting out of line. If you can't see that then you are blind.

9. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    You said before that until we are ignored we should act as adults...The Glazers ignored everyone right from the beginning....Also when you disagree with the President do you walk up to him and say hey Georgie I don't like your plans....No because you would get shot....You protest because that is the only way the common people can get their opinions across to those in power.....

I don't agree with the violence...

But how many protests where passions run high end non violently...

10. DonCorleone

DonCorleone New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    NY state.
    It's not about Glazer but, it's about his nationality. Nationality of a country that they think don't know nothing about this game.

11. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I cant speak for the others, but i dont give a ratsass about the club's reputation... i care about on the field results and the ability to sustain good results over a long long long period of time... most of us feel that the Glazers and their take-over is not in the best interest of our on the field results and the club's well being over the long term... we could care less if the club's fans look bad for 3 years and Glazer and his debt leave at that point... we could care less, but what we dont want is for someone who only just recently ruined a franchise to ruin our team. If we are wrong to be wary of that then we will die being wrong... nothing u can say will stop us from being worried, so fck outta here man.

12. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

Wrong on all accounts....

TO ALL TROLLS WHO THINK THEY KNOW WHY WE HATE GLAZER.....

GO EDUCATE YOURSELVES ABOUT THE SITUATION BY READING THIS ENTIRE THREAD AND THE PREVIOUS ONES...ALSO GO READ NEWSPAPERS AND WEBSITE3S ABOUT THE GLAZER TAKEOVER....THEN MAYBE YOU CAN COME IN HERE AND HAVE AN INTELLIGENT CONVERSATION WITHOUT GETTING FLAMED....

TO THE REST OF YOU: LOOK AT MY AVATAR....THATS WHAT I SAY TO YOU

13. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JB: You are entitled to your opinion and are entitled to post whatever you want. However, although you do not care, the anti-American issue has been discussed and the evidence of anti-Americanism as it relates to Glazer is flimsy at best. Would it be more palatable to United fans if Glazer were English? Possibly, but that is tangential to the real issue, which is the enormous debt.

If you want to debate an issue there are plenty on this board who will debate. If instead you want to incite and inflame then it would be more enjoyable for everyone if you didn't post.

14. JB41504

JB41504 New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Detroit
    I can appreciate and respect that. You are the first person to respond to me with any amount of respect that so many of the posters on here seem to demand but do not and have not afforded me.

I will say again that people are protesting a possibility of what they THINK might happen with Glazer in charge. To me, that is wrong. They are basing their protests on the basis of financial "experts" who are wrong a majority of the time.

When Mr. Glazer or his sons say something to the media, it is automatically taken as lies. I maintain that that is irrational behavior. I think that most of the fans of MANU should be embarrassed by their protests. I am not trying to incite anything. THat is my opinion and I cannot wait until the day when you are proven wrong and Glazer brings a successful ownership style to the club. Contrary to belief, private ownership is what will aloow the club to prosper for years to come.

15. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't hold your breath. :cool:

16. JB41504

JB41504 New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Detroit
    Why are you so adamnt that it is not going to happen?

17. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Btw, in 1998 groups like Shareholders United Against Murdoch (now just Shareholders United) and the Independent Manchester United Supporters Association were assembled (or already assembled and united) to help repel Rupert Murdoch from buying the club. But I guess we're just as anti-Australian as we are anti-American and anti-Semetic right?.... :rolleyes:

18. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

Why are you so interested in this?????? :confused:

19. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Case closed.

20. JB41504

JB41504 New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Detroit
    I am interested in this because I have not been able to go to a soccer page on the net for the past few months without seeing pictures of these protesting idiots constantly.

21. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    :rolleyes:

That being the case why not come in here and ask questions instead of making uneducated statements that will piss people off.... :confused:

Better yet if you saw this everywhere WHY NOT READ THE ARTICLES AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND WHATS GOING ON....... :mad:

22. JB41504

JB41504 New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Detroit
    I did read the articles and I still think the protesters are embarrassing and the rest of the MANU fans are overreacting. WHy does this piss you off? Yes i do think there is at least some anti-americanism ionvolved here. WHy do you care so much what I think? Why do you allow yourself to get pissed at what some anonymous poster on a message board thinks? Just wondering. i didn't want to come on here and make enemies from the beginning. I posted once and was attacked from the beginning.

23. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, because these were your posts:

When you make completely uninformed claims and accusations, you'll get attacked. Simple as. Doing the slightest bit of homework goes a long way towards taking part in a discussion.

24. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On another note, I feel bad for Tim Howard. He's struggling in ManU already. And he is likely going to bear the brunt of this crap from the more uneducated among the anti-glazer ranks who will take his nationality an issue.

25. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thats doubtful... This is about Glazer not Howard being American...