Questions for Peter Wilt Version 4.0 - Prelude To An Allocation

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Stogey23, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI

i don't recall saying that, but the MLS Combine this year will include the top players from DII, III and NAIA.

peter

2. Cyclone

Cyclone New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Peter, Thanks for your presence here.

My question is regarding trades. Do you or Dave talk to the players on the other team before a trade is completed, and conversely let the opposing GM/coach talk to players we're considering trading away? At what point does that happen in the trading process?

My question is a general one. Just to explain the reason for the question, it was sparked by the recent trade rumors regarding Ricardo Clark to the Fire. Today, in the Yanks Abroad forum there is a rumor that he's looking in Europe and getting some interest. It made me wonder if that could have been a reason that Metro would have traded him. Then it made me wonder at what point the Fire would have found out about it in the trade process.

It's very interesting to learn how this all works. I appreciate if you can comment on it. Thx

3. ripmstr

ripmstr New Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Orlando Fl
    Where and when is the combine going to take place?

I apologize for confusing things - my wife reminds of such things all the time.

4. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    HDC, January 8-11.

peter

5. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    Has there been discussion how many concert dates the stadium will have and are you guys working on ways to limit damage to the pitch? I remember last year that the HDC took some damage after a DMB concert.

Bill

6. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    DMB probably either peed or shat on the field. That was the problem.

7. iwishiweremingus2

iwishiweremingus2 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Milwaukee
    Peter-
    whats up with caballero? and what happened to nava (i remember hearing that andy williams getting his green card was an issue, but obviously it's not anymore)
    thanks,
    Ben

8. partycentral

partycentral Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Naperville
    What instrument does DaMarcus Beasley play?

9. lammygeek

lammygeek New Member

Feb 4, 2003
    minneapolis mn
    Peter,

Can you reveal any details about reserve matches for next year? Will they be played following first team match? Other day, other venue?

10. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    We should be announcing Caballero in December. We passed on Nava. i assume he is playing in Mexico.

peter

11. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peter,

Favorite Thanksgiving extra (side dish, dessert)?

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing a nice pizza with all the meat he can find
    ;)

13. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    I think the release today said we can officially sign international players starting on 1 december.

14. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    1) Budweiser
    2) Corona (they're a local sponsor :)
    3) Yams

mmmmmmm....beer and yams. hard to beat that.

peter

15. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    TBD, but likely on Sundays. Not sure about venue yet. Could be Lake Forest College (which would make them semi-private affairs) or UI-C or Moody Bible if they are willing to host.

Starting in 2006, they'll be in Bridgeview at the stadium, the training field or Argo High SChool in Bedford Park a few blocks from the stadium depending on field conditions and conflicts.

peter

16. Marchetti

Marchetti Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Chicago->STL->Denver
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Peter,

Happy Thanksgiving. I am, among many other things, thankful to have the Fire to support week-in and week-out. Thanks.

Marchetti

17. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    You are such a cheesehead.

18. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    You can see Argo from the stadium.

Hmm....Argonauts....

19. lammygeek

lammygeek New Member

Feb 4, 2003
    minneapolis mn
    UIC was really nice last year for the Latin All-Star match. It would be a great location IMO. I'd think there will be enough interest for a modest gate.

Of course, Bridgeview will be the absolute best...

20. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    He does the tambourine on this album. Great stuff.
    [​IMG]

21. Ron Keller

Ron Keller New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Shampoo-Banana
    Bud? Corona? Where's the beer? :)

22. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Señor Wilt-

I don't want you to give away too much of the Fire's super secret off-season strategy, but in regards to filling in the gaps on the Fire roster will you be looking overseas or to US Colleges.

I only ask because i've been watching alot of international play (from last years Libertadores to three continents worth of qualifiers) and it seems that there is a plethora of quality talent playing in South America, the Carribbean, and Central America, and dare I say it, Asia.. for teams that can't possibly be paying them more than an MLS team.

Players like Franklin Salas of Ecuador (LDUQuito), Roberto Brown of Panama (SV Salzburg, Austria), Ruberth Moran of Venezuela (Bucaramanga, Colombia) spring to mind as excellent goalscorers who play in Leagues who probably don't pay their players $50,000.00 a year.

One of the nice things about Qualifiers is that we get to see the best of what Central America has to offer, obviously with picking up Andy Herron someone in the Fire organization agrees with me.

So throw us a bone here... where are the next few Fire players coming from, home or abroad?

23. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    What changes do you think need to be made to achieve this goal?

24. budalabutt

budalabutt Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi-town
    Peter,

I saw you mentioned that all the skyboxes for the new stadium are almost soldout :eek: Is there a specific agent I should call for those or should I just call David Q for information on prices etc? We offically changed our company name from Watchtower Investment Group to Mag Mile Financial!" and I was looking into a skybox for myself and my clients Now that the retarded name branding I picked has been laid to peace.

Note to all potential business owners..Do a little more research into a name than I did for my firm, that way you dont have to spend 10k changing it all midstream and having people ask you if yoru a religious organization when all your trying to do is sell investments.! :(

Ahhh finally

No more cracks about being the financial wizard of the Jehovas Witnesses!

Thanks in advance

Steve

25. Dsocc

Dsocc Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Peter,
    Great situation to have. Seems to me that this is sort of like having the best of both worlds for the Fire, at least in the short term, and until the economics of playing for the professional reserves are in better balance with collegiate opportunities. As long as there continues to be a PDL squad capable of attracting the collegiate talent and performing as well as the CFR has, what sort of interaction (if any) do you see between the professional reserves and PDL side to maximize the benefits for the Fire? Further, are you looking to the PDL squad as a starting point for helping populate the added reserve spots?
    Thanks.