Dream Team

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by JUVENTUS_21, Aug 31, 2004.

1. JUVENTUS_21

JUVENTUS_21 New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    If you could assemble the world's best team, what would it be. (choose your own formation)

mine.

----------------- ---buffon-----------

--zanetti-----nesta---------------heinze ---------Zambrotta

--nedved-----kaka----------------zidane----------vicente

------------- ronaldihno-----------Sheva--------------------

2. Milos

Milos Member+

Sep 6, 2003
    Iacon
    Club:
    Coventry City FC
    -------------------------Ogrizivic (spelling)

Brian Burrows----- Trevor Peake-------Brian Kilcline---------Greg Downs

Dave Bennett-------Lloyd Mcgraph---Micky Gynn-------Dave Phillips

-------------------Cyrille Regis----------Keith Houchen

3. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

May 9, 2003
    Toronto
    Heinze to start on defence?????/

4. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

May 9, 2003
    Toronto
    ----------------------Buffon--------------------

-------Nesta------Cannavaro ---------Zambrotta

Nedved-------Kaka----------Zidane----------Vicente

----Ronaldihno-------Henry------Shevchenko----

5. flipper77

flipper77 New Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Buffon

Cannavaro Nesta Carvalho Puyol

Nedved Totti Ronaldinho C. Ronaldo

Henry Ronaldo

6. s0cc3r

s0cc3r BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 10, 2004
    California
    We at BigSoccer call him "Cry Baby Giraffe" not C. Ronaldo anymore. Sorry and welcome to BigSoccer! :)

7. Arsenal_fanUK

Arsenal_fanUK New Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Russia
    My team is a 2-2-1-1-1-1-1-1

----------------------------------KHAN--------------------------------------------

----------------------Ferdinand-------------Campbell------------------------------

------------------Vieira----------------------------Gerrard-------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------A. Cole--------
    --------------------------------Fabregas------------------------------------------

-----Beckham----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------Ronaldinho-------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------Henry---------------

-----------------Van Nistelrooy----------------------------------------------------

I have been working on this team for a very long time now.

I dont think theres a team in the world that could get past this formation, with the players i have chosen.

every other team ive seen on this thread/s are crap, and realy when taking in acount that you have the whole world to choose, people still use players like puyol, zambrotta,
    vicente, and zanetti. im not saying there rubbish in the sence, but comparing and choosing them other better stars is stupid.

honestly you lot we see me managing arsenal in no time remember the name. p.darby!!

8. cajun___soccer

cajun___soccer New Member

Jun 10, 2004
    -------------------------Khan-----------

Zanetti-------Nesta---------------Cannavaro ---------Zambrotta

C Ronaldo-------Nedved----------------Rhonaldinho----------Beckham

----------------------------Totti-------------------

------------------------Van Nistelrooy

9. christosap

christosap New Member

Jul 12, 2004
    adelaide
    buffon

zanetti cambell carvalho zambrotta

figo zidane vieria nedved

ronaldinho

sheva

10. s0cc3r

s0cc3r BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 10, 2004
    California
    :eek: OMG! No "Cry Baby Giraffe"? :confused: This is not happening. Please tell me I'm dreaming.

11. christosap

christosap New Member

Jul 12, 2004
    adelaide
    give hime some time, i think he will occupy the right wing from the age of 20 until he retires.

12. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screw the EPL

~~~~~~~~~Pelizolli

````Puyol~~~~Nesta``````Chivu

````````Zambrotta~~~`Gattuso

Joaquin```````````````````````Nedved
    ````````````````Totti

````````Shevchenko````Cassano

This is not a list of who I think is the best in the world at each position, it's my favorite team, and it would beat any team that has Beckham playing as a left wing or C. Ronaldo playing anywhere.

13. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Buffon
    Nesta--Cannavaro--Campbell--Roberto carlos
    Figo----- Viera------- Zidane
    Ronaldinho
    Henry----Ronaldo

14. fischetts

fischetts New Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Long Island/Baltimor
    Well being that Puyol is a rock and Zambrotta is the best left back in the world, I think your managerial skill is rubbish. Really, this is some plain old UK bias.

Fabregas?? He's played a few good games for Arsenal but is that enough to make him a superstar over a player like Emerson? Beckham? Golden Balls has his moments but you want him over a player like Vicente who has been fantastic last year?? God even throw in Wright- Phillips if you are so Premiership biased...but this is pretty absurd.

Oh yea and anyone leaving Nesta out of their backline is off his rocker. He is the most composed and talented defender of this generation.

15. christosap

christosap New Member

Jul 12, 2004
    adelaide
    dont argue with him, he should really change his name to ilovearsenal the boy is clueless and if you get him going on about how fantastic arsenal is this thread, if not board will lose alot of respectability.

nesta had a nightmare against barca from what i heard, anyway not necesarily best of all time just on current form.

16. fischetts

fischetts New Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Long Island/Baltimor
    Hmm, judging on current form eh? Ferdinand hasn't played in the last year. So basically Nesta has one bad preseason game against Barca and Ferdinand's last game was what, sometime around this time last year? Yea, it's pretty easy to avoid making mistakes in the back if you are banned from the game. Class act that Rio is.

So as Ferdinand sat on the sidelines, he got to see highlights of Nesta's Milan win the scudetto as United fell to third?

Oh yea, and maybe you missed the memo, but Carvalho and Deco have won the UEFA Cup and the Champions League in the past two years. They also won back to back Portuguese Leages and helped Portugal (well Carvalho more than the misfiring Deco) to the final of Euro 2k4 (disposing Cole and Campbell's England in the process).

Lastly, with Zambrotta, he is tremendous in defense and pretty darn good going forward. Maybe best left back in the world is a little bit of an embellishment on my part, but he was most certainly the best left back in all of Italy last year and that is a pundit supported fact.

I wish I could detract from Campbell and Cole, but I can't. They are two classy players. But I'm still taking Nesta and Zambrotta over them, every time.

PS You never addressed me on your Premiership bias.

But lets talk about more of your choices...

You still haven't addressed Beckham eh? Wonderful second half of the season he had with Madrid and a splendid Euro 2004 too, right? That's why half of England (probably more) was calling for Sven to have the courage to bench him.

Khan?? Hardly had the best of seasons either. Remember that guy Roberto Carlos you just trashtalked? You know the guy with a stacked trophy closet? I seem to remember him scoring on Khan during the CL last year on a horrendous blunder by Khan. Effectively knocked Bayern out of the competition.

All in all, your dream team contains: a player who hasn't played in almost a year, a player on the right wing who has rarle featured there in the last year and was sub-par when he did, and a goalie whose last excellent showing was at the WC 2002. Sounds like you picked a winner.

17. japes10

japes10 New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    toronto ont.
    cafu------nesta-----cannavaro-----zambrotta
    ---------------------pirlo--------------------
    ----gattuso---------------------zidane------
    --------------ronaldinho---kaka'--------------
    -------------------sheva---------------------

18. christosap

christosap New Member

Jul 12, 2004
    adelaide
    dumb and clueless, your typical Arsenal fan ;)

19. Ibranco

Ibranco New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Kingston, Canada
    Arsenalfanuk
    sol campbell was the best defender in the tourniment, and of all domestic leagues last year. arsenal went the season unbeaten remember. and sol campbell scored a goal witch should of taken england to the semi finals, but the refs was a cheat.

i dont care about deco and carvalho winning the eufa cup as well as champions league, the bottem line is there over rated and not that great, deco is nothing as well as carvalho.

While your complaining about how much better your british 11 is Carlvaho and Deco have won more silverware then cole,ferdinand and Campbell. And i guess john terry throwing his arm around Ricardo's throast is legal.. maybe in the Epl but you will not find it anywhere else.

20. Artillero

Artillero New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    3 doors down
    Green shytters, Forum's name is Jogo Bonito? Then go with this boys:

.....................................Friedel

..................Juan...........Heinze...........Sorin

......Vieira............Nedved........Ronaldinho..........Kaka

..................Henri...............Adriano.......Reyes

21. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Quite a lot of people seem to favour playing players out of position and putting too many similar players in the side. Interesting... I would love watching half of these teams fall flat on their face!

Here we go:

.................... Buffon

Puyol ..... Ayala ..... Nesta ..... Heinze

Ronaldo . Gattuso ... Gerrard ... Nedved

...................Ronaldinho

......................Ruud

Buffon is the best keeper in the World. Ayala and Nesta are rock soild. Puyol and Heinze are good at going forward but are great defensively. I would pay anyone able to walk through that back four! Gattuso would play the holding role, allowing Gerrard to dictate the play. Nedved and Ronaldo would provide some width and could cut inside to support Ronaldinho. The solid spine of the side enables Ronaldinho to have a free role. Let the genius and best player on the planet work his magic! Van Nistelrooy is solid and a goal machine. There is enough creativity in the side, that is why Ruud was picked. He will hold up the play and bang them in, no-nonsense style. I feel that this combination of players would work very well together.

22. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You, sir, are on drugs.

Where would Gerard fit in? Heinze is still unproven to me. He is not better than Ayala, Sorin, Zanetti and Placente. To win his place when it's WC selection time will be difficult.

Heinze, Ayala and Nesta are out of place, too.

Try this...

-------------Kahn---------------
    Puyol--Marquez--Nesta--Zambrotta
    -------------Davids--------------
    ---Nedved----------Zidane--------
    -------------Ronaldinho----------
    --------------------Henry---------
    -----------Tevez----------------

A 4-4-2 on speed.

The keeper choice is tough. I want someone sure, with minimal blunders. The Americans are too untested for my liking. Buffon's godliness to you guys is seemingly unapparent considering his national team's early exits in the last two important tournaments. For all of his downfalls, Kahn is still the reigning subchamp of the world with a very confident mystique about his game. My second choice would be Buffon followed by either Friedel or Barthez. Yes, the clown. His play with Les Bleus is tremendous. There is no denying it.

Both Puyol and Zambrotta would be pushing up the flanks. Nesta and Marquez anchoring the backline. Yes, Marquez. He has great attacking vision, great field awareness. Not too shabby marking either. Could be my bias, but I prefer him. Don't worry. You'll see his form.

Davids playing dmid, destroying incoming traffic, while able to push up when need be.

Nedved obviously pushing forward both down the left and cutting across the mid. Which brings me to the flare..

Zizou, Dinho, Titi and El Apache.

Pretty much self explanatory except for positioning.

Zidane and Ronaldinho's roaming is interchangeable and quite basically a free zone. Nedved is not as heavily marked in this formation, for sure. Imagine the attacking possibilities. The right mid-back of this starting XI is alot more offensive minded than the left. Which is why the front left seems a bit congested. Remember, this is a lineup. Their actual play is quite more freelance than it would seem on paper, all the while maintaing that zone contention with a backline of 4 plus the almighty pitbull.

As for the front 2, Henry would play his striker/a-mid/beast among men hybred to the T. Tevez up front because he's not a typical lone striker/target man. He has handles. Awesome ones.

This formation leaves you a super solid defense with attacking prowess, an insane midfield of who's who in midfield magicians, and two unconventional forwards. No need for a sitting duck. No need for the offside trap wariness.

All coached by.. you guessed it... H U G O Sanchez.

As for the bench, all luxury:

Friedel, Buffon

Ayala, Lucio, Campbell, Zanetti/Samuel

Gerard, Deisler, Kaka, Aimar

Ronaldo and Koeller

23 Man Roster.

Emergency spots:

Robben, Carvalho, Gattusso, Ruud

23. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    You, sir, supplied them!

Buffon cannot be blamed for his country's early exits! Kahn is great, but too old and is prone to errors. Look at how poor Bayern Munchen are. By your logic, we could blame Kahn for that.

Zambrotta is another great player, but he is too atacking for my me. If I was playing with wing-backs, then I would have picked the players that you have mentioned. The thing with Heinze is that he is adaptable. Very handy. Nesta and Puyol, of course. Marquez is good but I haven't seen a great deal of him and would say that Ayala is better. Must be your bias then! How is Nesta out of place? You play him in exactly the same position!

Davids is good but getting older and is far too dirty for me. I don't want to play with 10 men! Nedved and Ronaldinho, of course. Zidane is past his best in my opinion. The other problem is that your midfield leaves Davids a bit exposed on the break, which would mean he would get sent off! lol. My combination is better. Gattuso to break up the attack and Gerrard driving the team forward and covering. That is a much stronger spine to the midfield, allowing the likes of Nedved, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho to concentrate on attacking.

Henry is good but plays too much on the left-wing. He is also inconsistant at the highest level. Tevez is stunning but is not a proper striker. With all of that flair, what do you do when your team is out of luck? You have no-one to score a tap-in, header or crap goal. That is why I choose Ruud. Very reliable and will guarantee goals. He can concentrate on scoring whilst other can concentrate on creating.

Coached by me. I win, you lose! lol

24. eplkewell

eplkewell Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    van Nistelrooy Ronaldo

Kewell Zidane Ronaldinho

Davids Keane

Maldini Nesta Ferdinand

Kahn

25. Hosscat

Hosscat New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Denver
    Oh damn, I thought this thread was the Dream Team show........ Like who's the hottest chick on Dream Team......