Barcelona vs Real Madrid | El Gran Clasico | Copa del Rey | Quarter Final 2nd Leg| 01.25.12[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Jan 24, 2012.

1. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Puyol is their weakest link in defense these days. He has looked poor in several games this season.

2. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not against he hasn't.

3. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Yeah, he's been a beast against us. I thought it was Pique who was out in La-La Land last night.

4. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

It's definitely been Piqué who has been struggling. It was his fault for our second goal and he should have gifted us a goal in the first 10 seconds. If Puyol comes out of their team and Masch or Busquets drops in there then they really struggle.

5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Yes. Hells yes.

Why should i give two shits about the state of the Spanish NT? I am not a Spaniard.

6. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Pique lost the ball, but Puyol was turned inside out for the second and was burned by Ronaldo on the first one. Puyol's time is finishing.

7. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Piqué lost the ball in a dangerous position and Puyol had to try and get back to cover for his mistake. He got undone by a great bit of skill from a top player bang in form. No shame in that. Could have all been avoided in Piqué wasn't so careless in possession.

And wow he got paced by a much younger and faster player when their midfield went to sleep on giving Özil all the time in the world to slip that pass.

Puyol has been a beast for them in the last few clasíco's. No surprise the won they lost recently is the one he didn't play in. When was the last time they lost when he played? Think it's about 60 games or something.

8. Glide84

Glide84 Member+

Jan 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was going to watch the replay of the game last night after work but a dirty ******* cule Filipino slut decided to text me the score right before the replay. While the score didn't upset me as much I was pissed off that we were out. I guess I never lost hope. Needless to say I was to upset to watch the replay. I'm finished ranting for now...

Reading the posts and watching highlights from the game this morning I will be watching the replay. Looks like we gave them a serious run, we played a better line up in my opinion. We have the tools to take it to them and I'm excited as ever about our future.

On the NT issue, I'm not a Spaniard, if you are good for you. I don't care if they lose, I only bleed WHITE!!

9. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm talking about recent form, not just Clasicos. Puyol was also crap against Betis, and they won. Guess who was left for dead against Espanyol, as well?

The fact he's been injury free for what, 3 weeks now? Barcelona have been shipping goals more often. Puyol does tend to play better in Clasicos than usually, but I think he's a liability for them at this point.

10. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Granero was more than decent yesterday. I will say this one more time, we need some other option that Khedira or Lass against cules and 90% of la liga games. I really hope Mourinho gives more playing time to him and Sahin.

11. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Gun to my head I don't think it's a foul. Alves is falling before Ramos touches his arm. You're making it sound like he's throwing him to the ground with an arm drag.

I've been a referee for five years and I have a very reputable stance in the Youngstown, Ohio area. But I'll take your advice, rescind my referee license and drop out of college so I can't hold power in a job.

It's a FK that should be allowed to be equally contested in the box. Alves knew he couldn't beat Ramos in the air and he dives.

Oh, and who the ******** are you anyway? Why don't you go steal some picnic baskets with Boo-Boo? I thought I saw him at the Camp Nou.

12. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Sergio does have a handful of the shirt at one point, but he doesn't seem to exert any real force on Alves, and certainly not enough to send him falling to the ground like that. If you watch Ramos, he lets go, and then has his hands bunched together at his waist.

To send Alves flying like that, by using the grab of the shirt he originally had, he'd have had to really get some leverage and yank him down IMO.

13. Jagbir

Jagbir Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To me, it felt if Granero was used as an experiment. If so, then why was he still using him and Lass at the same time.

I love the idea of using Khedira or Lass for the majority of the league games. However, it will only create poor match fitness for Granero and Sahin.

14. lauraluc

lauraluc New Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Spain
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Mourinho's tactical from yesterday was the best tactical of this two years against Barcelona. If real Madrid would have played in bernabeu like in the camp nou, the result would probably be different!
    With Cristiano, Benzema and Ozil in good form, this team can win everything.

Pep's Team didn't have the ball and after many years, I suffered a lot playing against Real Madrid. An amazing match!!!

15. Not Vago

Not Vago Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Part of why Puyol had a bad game against Betis is that they were using him at right back in a 3 man back line. That experiment is over. He just doesn't have the wheels anymore to play outside back.
    He spent a lot of time covering for other mistakes in this latest game.

16. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Did Hell freeze over or something? Or am I seeing things when reading that arrogant blowhard Xavi's comments about the game last night? They're actually pretty honest, well honest for a douchebag like him anyways.

17. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only Barca player I like is Iniesta.

Alexis, Busquets and Alves are easily the worst.

18. W.Lewin

W.Lewin Member

Aug 5, 2010
    What is the meaning of this?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    "Like" is overstating the case, but I can tolerate Abidal and Iniesta. Maybe Keita and Puyol too. The rest of them, ...

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He just found out they are out of hairgel in Spain.

21. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    He's gearing up for the people's elbow on a midget.

2 people repped this.
  22. Cyrudan

Cyrudan Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona scores. Prefer him getting pissed shows he cares.

but hey we can pretend he hates Madrid and everyone on the team because it makes for better drama. Whatever suits your boat.

23. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Suits your boat? :D

24. Cyrudan

Cyrudan Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I figured a boat is always floating making the term rather redundan.. ok thats a lie, total Freudian slip. I was thinking about awesome Mourinho suits

Have this unrelated gif as an apology
    [​IMG]

25. ADiSKOTEC

ADiSKOTEC Ketchup Factory

Dec 3, 2010
    Burbank, CA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    STFU Argentina fanboy. La pewta que te pario.