Who is the biggest snub of the Klinsmann era?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by schrutebuck, Nov 3, 2011.

1. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Onyewu better not have to drop out of the squad, as then my poll will be ruined if he is replaced with a central defender other than Ream or Pearce. ;)

2. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    After another match, I'm curious if anybody's opinion has changed.

3. cappiello

cappiello Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everything else aside, Goodson and Ream both out muscled in plays that led to goals where Omar most likely would not have been.

4. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's f'in criminal that Sacha Kljestan isn't STARTING right now. This guy is unquestionably our best #8 with Torres and Holden temporarily out of the picture.

Klinsmann is downright delusional. Who's ahead a Kljestan? Seriously. It certainly isn't Edu. Fabian in a pinch, maybe?

5. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The biggest snub of the Klinsmann era?
    How about the back of the net?
    Haven't seem him around these parts in awhile.

6. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Michael Bradley

7. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Feilhaber.

8. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. common sense
    2. adaptability
    3. talent evaluation

9. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spot on.

I voted for Kljestan, as he's having the best season and JK has been a disaster with his CM choices.

Feilhaber, Gomez, Cameron, Gonzalez, John, Parkhurst, Marshall, and some others all have good cases.

A total joke about evaluating the talent. If you aren't German, Mexican, know Klinsi from SoCal, or Tim Ream, you haven't gotten a fair shot.

10. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Kyle Beckeman is going to be a fixture on this team going forth I'm done watching them.
    As stated, you'd think that Feilheiber would be an ideal choice for what Klinsmann wants to do.

11. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    This is something I really wonder about. With what we have and then not even a look? He seems to fit?

Not just to JK. It's interesting, and I am not a huge BF fan. I appreciate what his strengths are, especially as a sub for the Nats, he has been very effective...but you would think.

No, let's keep lining up Mo Edu there. Disturbing really.

Mo, look at the ball at my foot, look back up, look back down and pass.

Very disturbing.

12. Adiaga Two

Adiaga Two Member+

Oct 4, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only way a coach can come in to this job and look at what we have in central midfield and go with Edu in every game is if they've publicly involved themselves in the pissing matches of the previous coaching cycle and have petty points to prove.

Oh wait...

13. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
    an actual right midfielder

14. Konut

Konut Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I voted Gomez, but I would say that Gonzalez and a 2nd call up for kljestan are on the same level. I also really want to see Cameron but I wouldn't really consider it a snub because his life as a CB has been relatively short lived thus far.

15. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not only that but Edu sure as hell seemed to be utilized better under Bob Bradley.
    But hey, Bradley isn't flashy enough out there, we really need a coach on the sidelines doing some rinky-dink high-school bullsh!t to get all of the lemming fans on board, maybe Klinsmann should do the moonwalk every once in awhile over there, or perhaps a magic trick or two while drinking out of a stein and gobbling a schnitzel.
    Do something to entertain the sheep.

16. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    I never really got why he was so relentlessly criticized by soccer types while I was over there...

...I'm getting it. I really am.

17. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, it's every guys dream to date the stripper right?
    And then she moves in, lives with you for a couple months and the novelty of the great sex wears off when you realize that she's a total trainwreck and sliding up and down a pole for a reason.
    But seriously, I think things will get better for Klinsmann, the sh!tty part about int'l soccer is that it's not played 2 or 3 times a week but 2 or 3 times a month or every two months and sometimes you're not gonna have access to the players you want because of club commitments or injury.
    That's why I never had an issue with Bob Bradley, the guy was always prepared and this team never looked to be out of place or out of it's comfort zone, atleast not until the end of his time here where I think things just got stale, but again, that's int'l soccer for you.
    I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, in 20 years Bob Bradley is gonna be a hell of alot more appreciated than he is right now.
    This newer generation isn't impressed unless they've got an ipod or blackberry with numerous apps and glitz and glamour wowing them 24 hours a day.
    Bob Bradley wasn't a stripper or an ipod, he was simply very steady and very consistent.

18. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really. He was a CB a couple years back, then got hurt, then Kinnear moved him to midfield, and then he got moved back. You (I think) are only judging only since his most recent CB stint began.

I'd wager is got close to as many CB games as say, Tim Ream.

19. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Friend dated a stripper for a bit. He was all excited at first, but it wore off quick. She had no filter - she was like you're most disgusting guy friend. E.g. she talked about taking laxatives to stay thin and the side effect (benefit?) of machine gunning corn out her a$$.

20. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geezus Krist that is awful. lol
    My brother did date a stripper for a period of time and he actually said, as hot as she was, was the worst in bed.
    For whatever that's worth.
    You've gotta find the hidden gems, the librarians, the quiet girls, you know what I mean?

21. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Poll closed - 144 voters
    59 - Gonzalez
    25 - Gomez
    15 - Feilhaber
    7 - Other; a player called in but not utilized enough by Klinsmann
    6 - Diskerud, Wondolowski
    5 - Cameron, other player not mentioned in the poll
    4 - Davis, John
    2 - Marshall, Parkhurst, Rolfe
    1 - Bedoya, Convey
    0 - Davies

The biggest surprise to me is the lack of votes for Bigsoccer favorite Geoff Cameron.

22. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
    I think this thread can be updated. Biggest snubs are Chris Rolfe, who is available for January camp, but was not selected. We have no natural wingers on the roster aside from Brek Shea.

23. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wouldnt say he's a natural winger, but rather a successful converted winger. Remember he started his career off as a Striker, and a rather productive one

24. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States