The creation of a legendary team: The 10/11 transfer thread

Discussion in 'VfB Stuttgart' started by benztown, May 27, 2010.

1. kgosser

kgosser New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a fan of Dante either.

2. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screw that Dante rumor. Do. Not. Want.

3. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...647/artikel_schipplock-verlaesst-den-vfb.html

Schipplock will not be renewing his contract and is going to leave on a free at the end of the season. All the best to him, a solid player who has improved enormously in the past 3 years. This season, he participated in 11 BL games for us, mostly as a sub, and he even scored his first ever BL goal - a late 2-1 winner away to St. Pauli. He also scored once in the Uefa Cup, away to Young Boys Bern.

This season he netted 10 goals in just 14 appearances for VfB II.

He's got the potential to become a strong first division striker in the future, I hope he fulfils this.

4. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Also, some minor rumors on two of our figurehead central defenders:

- Matthieu Delpierre, our captain, has lost his starting spot and watched the games from the bench for the last 4 matches. And indeed he has been linked to Werder Bremen, according to www.vfb1.de, as well as Everton. Personally, he would definitely remain in my plans and i'd hope to have him in the squad next season. So I hope these rumors don't gain traction.

- In the consistent drama of will-Tasci-stay-or-will-he-go that seems to take place every summer, he has now been quoted as saying he's enjoying playing in Stuttgart right now and has a good relationship with Bruno Labbadia. Which, if it's true, sends a strong signal that he will stay for next season. But I assume these links will be yoyoing for the next months.

It seems likely that one of the two, who started together consistently in the Meister season, will no longer be with the club come September. Something to follow.

5. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, would have liked to keep Schipplock around, but I can understand if he wants to seek more playing time elsewhere. He's gonna be 23 by the end of the year, so it makes sense that he wants to play as much as possible.

I'm glad to be getting Schieber back. 7 goals and 9 assists this season.

6. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Following a well-known pattern, it now seems that Hoffenheim are interested in Schipplock. According to Kicker.

7. kgosser

kgosser New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please God, no.

8. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I'd be pleased, to be honest. I still love the guy, and we need quality on the wings. Let's not forget, the reason that the likes of Harnik and Okazaki start every game on the wings behind a main striker, rather than actually being strikers, is because we lack strong players in that area (the only exception being Gebhart, who has unfortunately had to fight injuries this entire second half of the season). Hleb could offer something in that regard.

But I don't take the rumor too seriously. It was just Hleb talking, and Hleb talks a lot. There has likely never been any contact between VfB and him since he joined Birmingham. However, he signalled that he'd be pleased to return, and that's already something.

9. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I'd be pleased, too, if he would play with the same energy and skill as he displayed in the championship season. Did he burn any bridges after he left? If he did, I wouldn't look for him to come back.

10. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Hleb wasn't with us in the title season :confused:

but he was an absolute star before, a really great player. Last year may have burnt bridges amongst some, but not with me.

11. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    So anyway he said that his 'heart would want to return to Stuttgart'. I mean, the guy still has a year contract with Barcelona - if he were to join us, it would also mean a massive pay cut. So I hope he listens to his heart.

12. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    D'oh! Of course he wasn't. The senior moments are getting more and more frequent! :eek:

13. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he wanted to come and drop the sense of entitlement he showed last time, then I wouldn't have a problem with it, given our lack of quality on the wings. He had a bad attitude when he was with us on loan and it has been the same story this season at Birmingham, from what I hear, so it could work out or bite us in the ass (again).

14. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
  15. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Schipplock has signed with Hoffenheim and will be joining them next season.

Deja Vu...

16. JUAN-XAVIER

JUAN-XAVIER Member

Jul 23, 2009
    TEXAS
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I have read that Jorge Berlanga is going to germany to speak with a team about some mexican players. i copied 2 tweets here.

@jorgeberlanga10: Rumbo Alemania, ahora sin Pavel de traductor !

@jorgeberlanga10: Que gusto da llegar a una ciudad donde recuerden con tanto cariño a Pavel y a Ricardo..

Do any of yall have any clue or maybe heard any rumor about this? I know Pavel and Osorio were highly respected when they were on the team. Any info on this is greatly appreciated.

17. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, we really need to hang on to Träsch. Vidal is definitely leaving Leverkusen, either this summer or next, and they will want a quality replacement, so it wouldn't surprise me if there's some real substance to there. We need several quality signings in the summer, and I am still skeptical of us actually doing what needs to be done in the transfer market.

18. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To anyone who follows VfB more closely than I do (especially those of you actually in Germany): Are there any in-coming transfer rumors that would tend to give one hope for next year, or are all of the transfers out-going, at this point?

19. seashore10

seashore10 Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Now what happens to Tasci is like a drama.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/53213/Exclusive_Tasci_exit_confirmed_as_suitors_circle.aspx

“There is no doubt, he will move for sure.” The source told Sport.co.uk. In two weeks we will have a better idea about his next club.

http://www.swp.de/ulm/sport/fussball/ueberregional/vfb_stuttgart;art4314,954500
    "Ich denke, dass ich auch nächste Saison hier bin. Und dann müssen wir endlich mal gleich von Anfang an Punkte sammeln." (I think I will remain in Stuttgart in the next season.)

Tasci, please fire your agent!!!!

20. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Yeah, it's like that every year. I hope he stays :)
    to be honest, in central defence it's actually looking more likely that Delpierre will leave. Labbadia doesn't seem to be his biggest fan, indeed he hasn't started in 7 games.

@juan-xavier
    are you talking about the possibility of a Mexican player joining VfB? If so, there have been no rumours to suggest this in Germany so far, but we'll see! A new Pardo or Osorio would be very welcome :)

21. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    BILD reports that we were interested in the very promising Karlsruhe rightback, Matthias Zimmermann.

But he has told the paper that he has been with KSC since he was 9 years old and would therefore 'never even consider' a move to VfB.

Regading the righbacks, Boulahrouz has done a solid job there and I now hope that he stays. Celozzi could be on the move as Labbadia apparently has zero confidence in the guy. Degen, in any case, is out of the picture. Did this guy ever play for us?

22. JUAN-XAVIER

JUAN-XAVIER Member

Jul 23, 2009
    TEXAS
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thanks for the responce. I know two of our players will be looking for a new team this summer, Pablo Barrera CM, RWB(Celtic) and Efrain Juarez RW, LW(West Ham). Both have been rumored with teams in Italy and Germany. I think any team in Italy or Germany would fit there style of play a lot better than the EPL, or the SPL. I think Vfb would be a great team for them.:)

23. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't much about either of them, but I'd be open to either taking a shot with us. They've each only been with their current clubs for a season. Are they really ready to move again so soon? They're pretty young (22 and 23), but with a fair amount of experience as well.

I would like to see us keep Boulahrouz. I don't know why he hasn't played more consistently for us, but more often than not, he has at least looked OK when I have gotten to see him play, which is more than can be said for most of the alternatives. Celozzi can leave for all I care. We have let better players than him leave (Beck) and I have little confidence that he will amount to much. If he proves me wrong, good for him.

Delpierre is one that is harder to figure. He has been more reliable for a stupid card than good play when he has played this season. I would hope that someone who has been the captain could come back and have a better season, but if the coach doesn't want him, it's hard to see him getting the chance to do that.

24. JUAN-XAVIER

JUAN-XAVIER Member

Jul 23, 2009
    TEXAS
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah, they are young but very experienced. Barrera started playing the begining half of the season but since now they are fighting relagation he might not be there next season. as for Juarez, the coach convinced him not to leave this past winter transfer transfer to Brescia (seria a) with the promise of more playing time. well he stayed and has only appeared once since then. Juarez was also used consistantly in the begining scoring a couple gols for Celtic.