The Other Teams News and Results Thread Vol. XXI [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by ForeverRed, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hell yea... he's my idol :D

2. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thierry Henry reportedly coming to New York Red Bulls following the World Cup..

They said a new stadium would bring in fans...they were wrong

They said, "wait til we start winning, then they'll come..." and win they did, but empty seats still

I can't wait to see Henry play to the 15 people who come out to see him play

3. BayernGirl08

BayernGirl08 Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Heaven
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just wait till he comes to KC and plays in a minor league baseball stadium... be like wtf??? lol :D although we do get more than 15 ppl. :)

4. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Like I said, but I guess you did not read, the guidelines states two matches BUT allows room for more. DI was all indignant that 1) UEFA could not add more (when clearly the rule above says they can), and 2) he said UEFA changed the ruling on Ribery from SFP to VC. Again, still waiting to see where any of his accusations are true.

The reason I did not respond is because I got weary of the lack of facts to back up his asertions.

Am done on this topic. Clearly UEFA did not change it and they were within their right to give him three games as Coach noted above. Done.

5. KFofB

KFofB Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Mittelfeld
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://en.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/matchorganisation/disciplinary/news/newsid=1482249.html#three+match+ribery

It would seem that UEFA's C&DB did upgrade the red card from SFP to Assault.

6. KFofB

KFofB Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Mittelfeld
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my german is not particularly strong, but this also seems to say that the UEFA committee ruled the foul as an assault.

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/237/510357/text/

7. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Umm...if Henry comes to RBNY, you better believe attendance will skyrocket.

8. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i mean, obviously im joking, but i wont be surprised at all if all that happens is the first game sells out, the 2nd game sells half capacity, then they go back to their dreary barely-filled bottom bowl existence...

9. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Contrary to what others think, I don't think it would make such a big impact on match attendance. It might draw more people initially but it would wane. A lot of the football players/supporters in the NYC area won't make the commute consistently. I hope I'm wrong and it gives it a boost but I just don't see it.

10. schwas

schwas Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No I wouldnt care. If the player doesnt play for Bayern or Germany I really wouldnt care much.

And as i said before I know those kind of challenges are part of the game, but there is nothing wrong with discussing them.

Surely you dont believe that.

Most of the heavy tackles are done with intent to hurt, and roughen up players.

Infact when players start to have big influence on games coaches instruct their hard man to put a crushing tackle to slow those players down. I dont think any player wants to injure others, but alot of times they definitely tackle to hurt.

I never said KPB wanted to put Ballack out of the world cup, I just said he entered the tackle to make Ballack feel it.

11. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Of course UEFA ruled the foul as "assault" because

a) otherwise there would be no reason for a three match ban (due to their own rules)

b) Bayern had no reason to appeal. UEFA said assault, Bayern thinks it is serious foul play. The implication is a reduced ban but they (Bayern) do not appeal against the ban but the basis of the ban and achieveing a reduction this way

Bayern press release about CAs decision
    http://www.fcbayern.t-com.de/de/aktuell/news/2010/23504.php?fcb_sid=11b7068338067f362131cf99eace4e44

Tätlichkeit = assault/violent conduct

c) In the German press there is even an interview with one of the judges of the 1. UEFA board that issued the three match ban and the justification/classification as assault

As I expected CAS saw no reason to overthrow the UEFA judgement (see Bayern press release) most likely there have been no irregularities in the process like prejudice etc. CAS did not even rule about the classification as assault or serious foul play. So cut the bullcrap conspiracy stories CAS most likely decided in this way because

a) they don't want to create precedent case ny overthrowing UEFA judgement. If they do they create a huge amount of appeals and sues.

b) they are there to make sure that there is formal legitimacy of lower instances

The Bayern press release and the speed of the CAS decision indicates option b.

12. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I think the writer simply used the term assault and not the official designation of assault. The difference is this: serious foul play is one thing, violent conduct, under which any assault would apply, is another. If UEFA truly upgraded the the foul (and therefore the punishment) they would have said they over-ruled the referee's card (for serious foul play) and changed it to violent conduct (which includes assault). And over-ruling a referee's card can only happen if the referee mis-applied the LOTG....which is a bid deal and would have been covered in the press.

The only way to determine if this is true is to get the updated match report or committee report when they reviewed the Ribery incident. Without that the argument is pointless.

13. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Damage control Loewenboy style :D

You self said in one your earlier posts that you think that the ref filed it as serious foul play. There is no press article or what so ever to indicate the contrary. I know that the UEFA had it even on their own website but I'm certainly not going to browse through all the web caches to find the version before the website redsign; I don't have a reson to lie, I even know the exact justification by the board that issued the three match ban in the first place.

On top of that there is a official press release by UEFA in which they state the reason for the booking in the game as serious foul play and stated the the ban has been issued for a assault. This has been the reason for Bayern to appeal as they had no ammunition to do so if it were indeed serious foul play and would have been judged as such, YOu have no single proof, no single evidence not even a single indication for a opposing theory to mine but yet you keep spinning? Please go on :D

14. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    On a lighter note, Fabregas according to sources in England has handed in his transfer as he wants to move to Barcelona. Arsenal fulfilling their destiny at this route by ensuring to win the title next season if he goes, with their world class manager at their side.

15. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bmike, you must see this offer.

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2010/02/04/eu-puts-greece-up-for-sale-on-ebay/

:D:p

16. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fun rumors:

Villa to Barcelona is practically a done deal, he might take his medical as soon as tomorrow.

The new Barcelona president wants both David Villa & Cecs Fabregas signed before the World Cup.

Yaya Toure is likely to leave, Ibrahimovic as well.

Mourinho is likely to join Madrid and Pellegrini to be sacked potentially even tomorrow.

17. KFofB

KFofB Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Mittelfeld
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The "writer" to which you refer is UEFA, which is to say that it is from "the horse's mouth". I doubt they would be so cavalier as to use the term "assault" so recklessly as you would have them doing.

I would speculate, contra your narrative, that UEFA would handle this judgement exactly as they have done in the case at hand with Ribery.

18. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And... Villa officially signs for Barcelona.

Damn, they are going to be stronger with him next year. :eek: Hopefully Inter or Chelsea play anti-football and knock them out for us again. :D

19. BayernGirl08

BayernGirl08 Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Heaven
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No need. We'll just outscore them. Like a 7-6 over two legs would b fun. :D

20. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's official? Link?

21. cwcoach18

cwcoach18 Member+

Apr 1, 2009
    Club:
    SV Waldhof Mannheim
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    6-6 advance on away goal rule;)

22. BayernGirl08

BayernGirl08 Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Heaven
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. away goals means we'd have to lose a match, and I don't wanna lose so much next year. Although if it means CL Final again, I won't complain. :D

23. cwcoach18

cwcoach18 Member+

Apr 1, 2009
    Club:
    SV Waldhof Mannheim
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Okay I concede that. My nerves also need a little bit of a break.;)

24. BayernGirl08

BayernGirl08 Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Heaven
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, my nerves are fine. 110% confident! :) Just losing sucks! Even if when u lose, u win! :D

25. cwcoach18

cwcoach18 Member+

Apr 1, 2009
    Club:
    SV Waldhof Mannheim
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    No you don't.

You are maybe too young to understand that. When you have suffered through '86, '87, '99, '01 (won on PK) you may understand that better. Right now I would want a 4-0 or 5-0 leading 4-0 after 20 minutes.

If you noticed I did not say 3-0 (ManU '10, Milan '05).