Gold Cup @ RFK

Discussion in 'DC Chapter' started by K, May 12, 2009.

1. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ticket info coming next week (SEs will have tix for their usual sections). 9 pm kick off will be interesting (I may need a nap).

K

2. KC Wizzle

KC Wizzle Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks...I'm traveling in from the Midwest and need a ticket in the AO section.

3. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    has the ticket info been finalized? eager to buy!

4. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, we'll probably send out something this week (sorry for the delay, SEs have been swamped with regular DCU stuff, stadium rallies, fundraisers, etc). We haven't announced to our own peeps yet either so you're not missing out on anything. Now this is the usual SE sections (132-134 and some seats in the 200s, like 445 seats total), will there be an AO/SA section too?

K

5. pinkflo808

pinkflo808 New Member

May 26, 2009
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you sure about this k ? I already got my tix through ticketmaster because I haven't seen ANYTHING posted about this on the Screaming Eagles web page. I even sent Kim an email. No reply.

6. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kim is me; I'm one of 2 people who update the SE website and I'm on the SE Exec Committee, so yeah I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about here :rolleyes:. All tix requests get forwarded to Nicole. As I said above, the SEs haven't posted the info yet because we've been swamped with other things but we will soon.

K

7. pinkflo808

pinkflo808 New Member

May 26, 2009
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My apologies Kim i was just tryin to get my tix from the ticketmistress not the ticketmaster : ) Shine on you crazy diamond.

8. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haiti-Grenada-kickoff 7 pm
    US-Honduras-kickoff 9 pm

The Screaming Eagles will be selling tickets for one of the first rounds which will be played at RFK Stadium.

TICKETS:
    $32.50 for SE members
    $35 for non-members.

Send an e-mail to tickets@screaming-eagles.com or call the SE ticket hotline, 202-544-6744, voice mailbox #1. Tell us:

1. Your name, address (no PO boxes), phone, e-mail address, and SE membership status
    2. Your preferred location (section 134, 133, 132, 231 or 232)
    3. If you are paying by credit card, your name as it appears on the card, the number and expiration date.

The SE Nest is a US Supporters section (but it is not General Admission).

Tailgate info will be forthcoming

9. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Outstanding! Nice work by SE for organizing this. Just put in my group order for 7 tickets.

10. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone has raised the question will there be some sort of meet up on Tuesday, are people coming into town the night before? I can make a call and let a bar know to expect people but being a school night not sure how many locals would come (or how many are traveling the day before).

K

11. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will there be a general admission supporters section?

12. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right now there are no arrangements for a GA SA/AO section. SA just contacted the SE tix mistress about a section so we need to see what DC United can do at this point. Obviously I'll post an update once I hear.

K

13. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AO/SA SECTION (GENERAL ADMISSION)

The Screaming Eagles are also handling ticket sales for the AO/SA section. General admission seating is available in sections 127-131 for USA supporters. Tickets are $35 each.

To order
    , send an email to tickets@screaming-eagles.com. Include number of tickets needed,which section (SE or General Admission AO/SA), name as it appears on your credit card, card number and expiration date, and a phone number where you can be reached. Or call 202 544 6744 and leave that information in voice mailbox #1 (tickets). All orders will be confirmed by email. Credit cards will be charged closer to the day of the game.

Pick up the tickets at the Screaming Eagles ticket window in the white supporters trailer near Gate B on July 8 starting at 6:30pm. This is a doubleheader: Haiti-Grenada at 7pm, USA-Honduras at 9pm.

Tailgate:

The Screaming Eagles will be putting on a tailgate for the match where all US supporters will be welcome. The tailgate will be at the normal Screaming Eagles tailgate spot in RFK Stadium Lot 8 and will start no later than 5 pm. Tailgate will feature grilled food options, snacks, and beer.

The cost of the tailgate will be $10. If you plan on coming to the tailgate, please PayPal your purchase of tickets to payments@screaming-eagles.com and indicate your name, Gold Cup tailgate, and the number of tickets you will be purchasing in the comments field of your payment. Obviously your advanced sales help us with food and drink planning.

14. pinkflo808

pinkflo808 New Member

May 26, 2009
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Kim Just wondering if SE will sell any tickets on game day? And also will we be able to get an extra tailgate ticket ion the day of the game if need be? Just wondering what to tell the stragglers : ) Thanks my fellow Outlaw.

15. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there are game tix left, yes we will have them at the window. For tgate tix, swing by the SE membership table on game and they can help you.

K

16. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks to SE for setting this up. I had EXCELLENT seats for this one!

17. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed on all fronts. Thanks for welcoming in a couple of Columbus fans for the night. Tailgate was outstanding, did not disappoint in any way, shape, or form. Very much looking forward to doing it again for CRC on 10/14.

18. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great, see you in the fall! (hope by then I have something appropriate to wear!:rolleyes: ;))

K

19. asdf44

asdf44 Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Richmond VA
    Had an awesome time at my 1st pro game! Thanks SE for the great seats. Great people all around. Definitely will be coming back. Few questions: What was the white powder people shot up every once in a while? Thought vuvuzelas and big instruments weren't allowed? Not complaining because they both added to the atmosphere. What did the guy in the white tee shirt get pulled out of the stands for?

20. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The DC supporters clubs can always get their drums in as most are already stored at RFK (I didn't notice any horns, God they are annoying!) Where was the white powder? (the smoke bomb?) or it could have been flour coming from La Norte. I missed guy getting hauled out, CSC staff not our usual group so they were particularly unpleasant yesterday (we normally have DC cops).

K

21. asdf44

asdf44 Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Richmond VA
    The stuff that smelled like fireworks or gun powder. I'm guessing it wasn't allowed since the csc staff ran right towards the section when he saw it go up?

22. pinkflo808

pinkflo808 New Member

May 26, 2009
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Kim and Nicole. The tailgate is always MONSTER ! I brought a bunch of 1st timers and they LOVED it! Good times. Cant wait till October.

Sam Floyd. AO VA

23. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    La Norte USA had confetti, which could have been the "powder." There were smoke bombs around, too.

There were people who brought in vuvus, plus the Bethlehem brass band (NASA astronaut, pilgrim, patriot, and Captain America on tuba), plus one bagpiper. The Hondos somehow got in a lot of air horns, which are usually a no-no.

Great fun, and great Jamaican beef patties!