F1 2oo9

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by the cup, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is going to happen I feel it!

2. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ross Brawn Q&A about the new Brawn GP team :

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2009/3/8991.html

Nice to have another team. Or at least one that did not fold. The more, the merrier.

The RGB challenger harbours the Mercedes engine and I don't know if it's the reason why their sidepods are so similar to the Mac Laren's ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that would be my guess.... with all these teams using very competitive engines(assuming they get as good a Merc as McLaren) we might see some very interesting races.

5. kronic160

kronic160 Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Mars
    It would be nice to have everyone running a tight knit pack but I unfortunately don't see it. Force India and Toro Rosso look to be bringing up the rear. Hope I'm wrong.:eek:

If McLaren is truely running slow then Ferrari might take the title and run with it. Let's hope for F1 that both Kimi and Massa duel it out so others can catch up. :)

6. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yet the BrawnGp entry is proving very somewhat fast and the McLaren isn't? Same powerhouse right? mmmmmm.......

7. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  8. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be and am right now disgusted.

9. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
  10. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't. This could essentially the end the season very, very early. I don't mind change. But I think this change is wrong.

11. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I certainly would have preferred a point scoring system that gives more incentive to the winner. But consistency is the base and the true meaning of any championship.

Why not something like this :

1st : 20 pts

2nd : 14

3rd : 10

4th : 7
    5th : 6
    6th : 5
    7th : 4
    8th : 3
    9th : 2
    10th : 1

And maybe one point for pole and another one for fastest lap of the race.

They just had to ask me ! :D

12. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Yeah, I don't get why they even bother to keep the points system... I guess it's mostly in order to keep a convenient method by which to split up the money...

Otherwise, I think it should simply be about the number of victories, next tiebraker would be second places, then third places and so on.

14. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you guys are cool with the season effectively being over 3/4's of the way through? Because that's a real possibility if one of the teams goes on a tear early on. I liked how last season ended (no, not because Hamilton won). It came down to the final race because of the points system.

15. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I'm all for drama, but not for its own sake. F1 should be a sport ahead of being a soap opera.

In football, it also happens often that a champion is crowned several weeks before the end of a season. It's not as thrilling as a last second title, but if that's the way it goes down, then I'm still fine with it.

16. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You still have slots for the CL and relegation battles going on to hold your attention. This isn't comparable. Not in the least.

17. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i like the drama too but that rarely happens anyway. i'd of left it alone for this season and let the new cars decide what happens next season.;)

18. kronic160

kronic160 Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Mars
    Not a good idea at all. This is probably the worse move by the FIA since moving the point system from 10-7-5-3-2-1. The whole point was to make the racing tighter. So they get that with Alonso, Kimi, Massa and Hamilton have crazy seasons that came down to the last race with the 10-8-6 system.

Okay, here's the issue. Kimi goes out wins a race by maxing out the engine. then blows the engine the next race. Kimi gets a new engine wins a race then blows the same engine the following race. etc...etc... Yes he only has so many engines but lets say he wins 5 races and according to the point system finishes 4th. So that warrants him the championship over the 3 guys that finish ahead of him? FIA is really messing everything up.:mad:

19. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If a guy gets 8 wins and 84 points, he can be champion whereas the one who had 7 wins and 100 points won't...That's f*ckin rubbish for me !

The second one was clearly the better driver, also considering that you can get an easy or lucky win, or even a controversial one in the process.

Ans BTW, except in cup ties phases, almost all championships in any sports are decided by points ; the medal ranking in the Olympics is not even a proper championship, it's just an indication since the delegations aren't the same for all the competitors.

Many people say this rule was implemented because Massa lost the championship while having the most wins last year but even Ferrari are against this rule. The reality is that the FIA just decided to slap the FOTA (teams) in the face and stamp its authority on the sport.

BTW, the rule also means that whoever reaches 9 wins this season is champion. OK, if it's competitive, it won't be easy yet I'd like it to happen at the 11th race and see the face of the officials then. We can also expect plenty of dirty tactics and like I mentioned earlier, stewards controversial decisions can kill the championship ! They made errors in the past but at least, the scoring system helped evening things...

There must be a lot of petitions going around... We shall see, but they clearly stated it so late that it's done and dusted for this very season.

20. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    And the team that is crowned champion is not necessarily the one who has most wins...

21. kronic160

kronic160 Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Mars
    Any perdictions on who will challenge for the 'Champion of Wins'

I think it will be between Ferrari and Hamilton (Heikki just plain sucks hence why I say Hamilton)

I'm hoping for Alonso or a BMW driver to challenge but that might be too far fetched with 'Race winner' takes all.

22. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Likely to be scrapped...

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5077852,00.html

Hopefully, there will be negotiations and something better for next year.

Concerning the championship, Alonso and Renault seem quite confident despite acknowledging that others are better prepared for the start of the season (BMW notably). The car suits Fernando and is apparently reliable. We already know that he doesn't need to be the absolute quickest on one lap to win races...

Ferrari, Brawn and BMW are the favourites for Melbourne though.

23. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want Alonso to have a helluva year. He was coming on like gangbusters at the end of the season last year, but now they've switched to completely new chassis. I'm hoping he can get a hot start.

24. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was truly impressed with the way he finished the season. ;)

25. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought this was funny.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VnQP51hCq0"]YouTube - Damon Hill makes journalist sick on test drive[/ame]