Towel Sharing

Discussion in 'Parenting & Family' started by chibchab, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lafew: "I have seen a medicine; That's able to breathe life into a stone" [AWTEW, 2.1.72-73]

2. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yo MOMMA! ;*)

Ok how about this:

People who are BATHING contently on the beach when, unexpectedly, a rain cloud passes by discharging, um rain, and people scamper along for cover to avoid getting, wetter, although they were just bathing in the surf. And once the fluke cloud passes, they return to bathing and getting wet in the surf (and no, no threatening lightning or tornado clouds are imminent, no extra risk of skin cancer, they didn't happen to be hungry or thirsty, and presumably don't have allergies to rain).

Now I will digress....;*)

3. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if i had bothered to take note of the fact that you're in/from Jersey, i would have left this completely alone.

4. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I'm kicking myself for stumbling over this thread, but. I. cannot. resist....

Bingo. You don't have to be a germophobe to not relish the thought of this when you are rubbing a used towel on your pretty face and hair. Even if it was used by your most dearest beloved.

Too many men, when I've offered them a washcloth for their shower, look puzzled and say um... 'what is this for?' or similar, so the assumption that everyone really cleans up more than a quick pass with a soapy hand cannot be made. It would be a reasonable assumption based on the general extra hairiness of men in the region (varies by individual of course) that there are more opportunities for ahem... klingons around uranus.

Yes, I just said that. :D

Back to the original post:

Why do you frequently use her towel? If you used it for emergencies that would seem fine and reasonable, but why don't you just reach for your own towel? Is it nice for her when she reaches for her towel and it is damp and gets used more than yours? Maybe part of her beef is the general inconsideration. Getting a man not to do those little things like this that don't even register as inconsiderate with them is a difficult battle (I don't even try :p) but maybe she thought pointing out the hygiene thing would work better.

Except for our sex partners and our own hands, towels are one of the few things that we touch just about every part of our bodies with. What you do for pleasure together is one thing and what you do for cleaning up and drying your face and hair getting ready for the day is different, can't compare.

Good luck. :)

5. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But, what if her towel is being washed in-betweem his use and hers?

6. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread has been good fun, sorta....

My solution: when I forget to bring my towel into the bathroom before a shower, I now air dry. And where the air doesn't reach....blowdrier....less painful than hearing the wife rant....

and for royalstation, who needs everything broken down...i...will...spread....the....cheeks... see illustration.... ()() --> () . ()

7. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Heh, then you are setting yourself up for her next rant, which will be along the lines of....

"How in the **** do you manage to make such a huge puddle and get the entire bathroom wet? :eek: Why is there water all over the toilet seat and my hairdryer is on the wrong settings? :mad:

:D Lol, you can't win (well, unless you start remembering your towel.)

8. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you're a freak of nature, dude. keep on truckin'. :)

9. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Me and My wife have only been married 15months, but recently this issue came up.

Personally, since i was a young kid growing up, i had a big Germ-phobe, i couldnt share straws, forks, popcorn, etc,etc...

i pretty much continued that through my teenage and young Adults years.

When we started dating, i sort of Relaxed on the germphobia, and early in our marriage it was fine. but recently, Shes been wanting to share Towels:confused:

Maybe she wants to cut back on Laundry , idk, but i had to draw the line.

This is still my OCD-obsessed teen in me, but i have a thing with my Towels, the side which has the Tag w/ care instructions on it is used for my A$$ and Other Intimate Areas , and the other side is used for my face and Hair. Im very strict on this and i wont even use a towel unless it has that Tag so i can tell the difference.

Good thread!

PS- we share pretty much everything, or atleast every thing thats possible between a Husband & Wife.:)