Review: Can A Heathy Chivas USA Win The MLS Cup?

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by CTS26, Jul 30, 2008.

1. CTS26

CTS26 Member

LAFC
    United States
    May 26, 2008
    Kannapolis
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can a heathy Chivas USA win the MLS Cup and finally get there first star or will they fall to injury and fatigue again.:confused: I think they still have a shot at it now that they have had a weeks rest. Let me know what you think okay.:) Chivas USA Fans only please no Galaxy fan comments that's what the galaxy fourm is for.:D

2. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Possible, first we need to make the playoffs. remember last year, we were knocked out by Kansas City, who place in fourth in the Eastern Conference. Rumors are that Galindo, Esky are coming back soon. My main concern is Razov and our goal keeping situation. But Yes, i can see a healthy Chivas USA win the MLS Cup.

3. Gameface

Gameface BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two weeks ago I would have said it was possible, but a lack of a playmaker would make it difficult. Then Brad got sold for peanuts(according to EPL Standards). A team lacking one component of it's spine is doubtful. Now we are missing two components. The lack of a tested keeper will be our downfall. I'll pray that I am wrong, but it is what it is.

4. dmhines

dmhines Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    honestly i think no . . . . it is becoming more and more clear that the two teams to beat are houston and NE. what is this, the 10th season in a row that they have played for the championship?

(yes i know, i am blowing it out of proportion . . . but you get my point)

5. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see New England winning the Cup more then Houston, However; MLS is unpredictable. You never Know!

6. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Planets will have to align (cheap Galaxy dig) in order for Chivas to make it pass the first round, much less the Cup final.

Having said that, yes we will win it all because this team plays a brand of soccer that stiffles MLS coaches and punishes MLS defenses.

What we lack is obvious, but a real finsihing touch in front of goal is the real problem. Ante Razov CANNOT carry this team by himself. If Galindo comes back healthy and in form, watch out.

In the meantime, let's hope Nurse, Sueno, and Harris can score some goals. PLEASE!

7. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three years ago LA just limped into the playoffs, had a few good matches to make it to the finals and they beat a badly dinged-up but heavily favored Rev team (thanks to Fire thuggery) for the Cup. As they say, "On Any Given Day" and that goes double for MLS.

8. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No.

9. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok at this point i will say NO, this team is crashing and burning, this f 8** season :mad:.

10. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

Agreed, I also believe that the lack of a true playmaker is hurting the team. As for the tested keeper well that is why Zach was brought in, even though many round here do not think he is up to the task, he should provide adequate cover in the back.

Now what are the chances that Nurse has a break through season!? :D

11. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    Add another to our wounded: Jorge Flores hurt his ankle while playing in the Milk Cup last week and did not train with the rest of the players today.

http://chivas-usa.blogspot.com/

12. El Assesino

El Assesino New Member

Oct 21, 2006
    UNION Ul7RAS
    Preki hates Jorge and doesnt play him so who cares.:mad:

13. elchivamayor

elchivamayor Member

Mar 6, 2008
    NORTH HILLS
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the question was is chivas capable of winning the cup with every body healthy
    i said yes we are not doing bad at all we are 5 points away from first place we have two games less so is not that bad
    i think that all of this injuries are just making the team stronger and by the end of the regular season with every body healthy we are going to kick ass my prediction is the final at the hdc chivas vs new england why because we are going to eliminated houston

and i will be there celebreting are first championship a really believe in my team other wise i wouldnt be there supporting 90+ we the ultras

14. porque?

porque? Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Section 138
    A huevo karnal!!!!!!!!!! We will steamroll over the Dyna-hoes and beat either the Revs or Chicago(McBride) to win our 1st MLS Cup. Healthy or Injury plagued, as long as we make the playoffs we all know anything is possible!

15. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct me if i am wrong but has Chivas USA made the playoffs three year in a row? Any one

16. oddlou

oddlou Member

May 12, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    This is Chivas USA's 4th year in the league. They made the playoffs last season and the season before. This year would make three in a row.

17. TheUrbanSombrero

TheUrbanSombrero New Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Basin City

the answer is still no. just because you are a Chivas fan doesnt mean you have to be delusional.

and its OUR not ARE. funny story; when i was in 8th grade the father of one of the most arrogant assholes in school took the liberty to design our Class T-Shirts and this numb nuts made the same mistake. hilarious. it being a white guy made it all the more funny. you should have seen the faculty scramble to get the tshirts back so they can get them fixed before we went to disneyland.

we will see another Houston/New England Final. well... those of us that watch MLS. the rest of the country will be doing some other shit because no one wants to see either of those teams.

18. KRAZYKAT

KRAZYKAT Member

Jul 12, 2008
    South Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are right . I did remember Preki say last year - in order to win MLS championship - need to beat Houston first at Robertson Staduim..
    Houston will miss Ching, DeRo & Pat .
    Well let see.. here is your players on the benches this coming Wednesday.-

Updated: Aug 16

[​IMG]FW Justin Braun
    OUT - R ankle

FW Alecko Eskandarian
    OUT - sports hernia surgery

MF Jesse Marsch
    OUT - fractured jaw

DF Lawson Vaughn
    OUT - R knee sprain

MF Raphaël Wicky
    OUT - R ankle surgery

DF Alex Zotinca
    OUT - R knee surgery

DF Jonathan Bornstein
    QUESTIONABLE - R hip strain

MF Jorge Flores
    QUESTIONABLE - R ankle

FW Ante Razov
    QUESTIONABLE - L knee sprain

DF Claudio Suárez
    QUESTIONABLE - concussion

FW Maykel Galindo
    PROBABLE - sports hernia surgery

19. CTS26

CTS26 Member

LAFC
    United States
    May 26, 2008
    Kannapolis
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey stay out of here Galaxy fans not allowed in here and neither are Dynamite fans. This is a Chivas USA Thread so stay out or else.:mad:

20. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    lol. Ok.

21. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotdam, what was I saying about having enough players injured and gone to make a second team!!!?

----------------Guzan--------------

Zotinca---Vaughn----Suarez---JB

--Flores--Wicky-Marsch--Sacha--

--------Razov-------Esk-----------

22. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That is a championship side.

Oh well, woulda, coulda, shoulda.

23. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Since the words healthy & Chivas USA don't fit together in any sentence this year, I believe we should now change the thread.

Can Chivas USA attend the MLS Cup? And to that I say.... StubHub.

24. U.S Chiva

U.S Chiva Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Salinas California/Denver, CO
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chigaooooooooooooo. clarines que si! pero con todos estoy gueyes con problemas ni madres!