Coffee Pot Cup: 2008 (potential R)

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Mikey mouse, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking forward to visiting your house again, this time for the USOC final. and even though I think we still own you a fill up on the coffee pot, we will be happy to drink from the Lamar Hunt Open cup trophy!!

Red & Black/Chico Ill be in touch about banners and flags, etc. and who to contact about bringing them in!

2. Shark

Shark Member

Mar 12, 2004
    Leesburg, VA
    Preseason kick around is one thing.....

This is something much different.

Don't expect a warm welcome. You will leave having been vocally beat down by a real 12th man and shall taste no victory from the shiny cup.

.....and then back to warm and fuzzy next preseason.

3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wouldnt expect anything different, I would be surprised if we managed more than a handful for this trip. midweek, couple weeks notice, but we will have a presence. Well hate you for 90 min and then afterwords, we'll can drink the beer from teh Coffee Pot!

4. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of us in the Barra were chanting "Coffee Pot" near the end of the match tonight. We were pulling for you in the PKs, obviously so that the match would be here, but also because it's been a while since a match for the Coffee Pot.

5. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    cant wait to see you guys again....this time and the only time its for real! (and more important than that other cup thingi......who would ever of thought the coffee pot cup would mean international competition!!!

:)

after party with the cup no matter what on the hill at finns....i will make sure you have a warm welcome no matter what (after the match of course...screw you guys before and during)

i miss the coffee pot cup matches!

6. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good to hear from you Mikey, I'll try and return the awesome hospitality you guys showed us in in SC. Bring your ATM card, you're going to need it ;) :D

7. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seattle = The King of Coffee in the US

We beat Seattle.

There's a new Coffee Sheriff in town....

8. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's just something ain't right about Southerner's claiming to be coffee kings.

Bring lots of sweet tea and some Jack and I think the world will be set right again. :D

9. rugman

rugman Member

Oct 13, 2003
    Annapolis
    Bring on the Coffee Pot Cup!

10. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    I prefer to think of it as a coffee urn.

[​IMG]

11. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the USOC was a "Domestic" competition, not an "international" one. Am I wrong?

12. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Dammit... I'm out of town that week! :(

13. MattMathai

MattMathai BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    It is a domestic competition. However, winning it from this year onwards gets you a spot in the CONCACAF Champions League, an international tournament.

Is that what you were asking?

14. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So one day, Ben Olsen was standing in front of his bathroom mirror and said, "I'm tired of being compared to a caveman. I'm going to shave it all off."

As he was reaching for his razor, the good fairy appeared in a small puff of fairy dust. She looked seriously at Ben and said, "If you shave, I'll turn you into a coffee pot."

Ben looked back at her and said, "I'd like to see you try. I'm going to shave anyway."

As he removed the final whiskers from his face, the good fairy raised her wand and *poof*, Ben was a coffee pot.

The moral of this story is: "A Benny shaved, is a Benny urned."

:D

15. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Naw, but I NOW get what someone else was referring to now when they said " whoever thought the coffee pot would mean international competition". For some reason I just did not make the connection if u know what I mean.

Its still fairly early in the morning yet, and not all parts of the brain are functioning at 100%.

16. MattMathai

MattMathai BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    That's really, really terrible.

I laughed out loud.

17. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ano one up there tried the new Firefly Sweet tea vodka? its the new sensation in South Carolina. google it for all teh reviews.

A few have aready booked there tickets up this am. im going to look into a bus/ big van option and see how many other would get on board.

we are looking forward to this, quite possible the biggest match in our clubs history.

Mikey

18. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    i love firefly! we drank that last week for the first time....totally sick

19. AlecW81

AlecW81 Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just in Charleston this weekend, actually went to Blackbaud to watch the US Rugby match. Our hostess was gushing about Firefly, so we brought a bottle to the tailgate party, it was tasty, but I preferred my Sailor Jerry and Coke.

On a United related note, I was attempting to wear my 04/05 Away jersey in to the match, but my girlfriend wasn't having that... "You can't wear a soccer jersey to a Rugby match!" So I was forcibly stripped by her and the hostess, and then dressed in a Scotland Rugby jersey. Sounds hot, but the hostess wasn't exactly cute, and didn't exactly "dig" guys

20. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    We'll be sure to provide you with all the coffee carafs you need to get out your frustrations after your team implodes before the offensive power that is a fully functional DC United! Emilio, Moreno, Gallardo, Fred, Quaranta... Are going to light up the score board!

:D

21. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So much for a Sachin sightin' at RFK.

BTW, I love coffee.

22. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For you "new" DC supporters that missed the first installment of the Coffee Pot Cup. I love this photo, however, virtual coffee pot shots is all you'll be enjoying this go-around as we will be the ones pulling a vaccuum on the spigot. :D

[​IMG]

23. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    You get the vaccuum after we drain the pot!

24. Zagloba

Zagloba Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Baltimore
    Same here, though it's a little embarrassing to admit.

25. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    You realize what happened that last time those words were uttered?

[​IMG]