Mudslinging: new for the 08 Olympics[r]

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by jocasta, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Weren't you the sage who'd predicted North Korea would beat Germany?

I don't know who Jessica Landström is but Jessica is in my own personal Top 5 of names I hate.

2. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    OK, anything that involves Öqvist is not an acceptable topic of discussion as far as I'm concerned. You dirtydirtydirty girl, redcard. You have just disgusted me on an insurmountable level.

3. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Yes, and I also predicted Germany would crash and burn in the WWC last year. My name's not cassandra. What's your point?

I'm sure she's shaking in her boots, to hear you say that!

Again, not even an issue. Go ahead, look at the mug shots. I am confident you will choose... wisely.

4. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Oh, yeah. We were going to lose the WC because you thought Ratso Pohlers was indispensable. I remember it now just like it was yesterday. HahahahaHAHA!

5. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Didn't seem to be the "mug" she was after...

6. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    I just checked her out. First, I could never get by such a hideous name. Second, she's no Hanna Ljungberg (who's a little cutie).

7. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    And you're replying to me because...?

8. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    I'd say because I didnt' get a lot of sleep and thought you were talking about Landström?

9. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Only if you're channelling someone I just sent a PM to. In which case, that's slightly confusing.

10. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Spooky.

11. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    'Chicken Oriental'* morelike!

I have to say, I'm definitely Sweden because of the cruel twists of 2001 and 2003.

But I'm fizzing around all over the shop in bouts of fickle fun, from game to game.

After all, let's remember, Sweden shouldn't even be there. ;)

*Check your urban dictionary for 'Radio Rental' etc. before mewling about not understanding.

12. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Well, no, it didn't did it? I don't know where to find those pictures.

Dear redcard816,

The post-game euphoria has worn off just a bit now, and I see now that it was unfair of me to try to rush you into a decision. You're hurting right now, and you need some time to reset. Take a deep breath, have a shot or two of akavit, and keep Churchill's admonition to "Never, never, never, never give up" in mind. The Norway that beat the US is still in there; they just have to come out swinging for Brazil. They can do it!

Take your time with choosing a side for Sweden v. Germany. Or choose not too. But I think you'll have more fun if you do. I'll be cheering for Norway!

Who loves ya, babe? Not those other thugs, that's for sure...

jocasta

13. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Dearest Jocasta, darling, sweetie, pet.

Of course Reddie will be cheering for Germany.

Thanks for playing. Btw, we will beat you.

14. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Mittag's such a cutie though. Although I am partial to Frida.

:eek:

I dunno. I'll have to think about it some more.

15. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Now don't you go all USArse on us, Jenson. :rolleyes:

16. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    If there are any out there, she'll have them already.

I wonder if I'm included there? Because all I've done is encourage some neutral fence-sitting, which is hardly thuggish.

17. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Why encourage fence sitting? Why do you wish to deny redcard joy? Why do you wish to deny it for yourself, for that matter? If you sit on the fence, you're just perched uncomfortably on something hard, cold, and unfeeling. Come over to the Sweden side and experience the love! The offer is open to (almost) everyone. Yes, even you, Smulan. It's never to late.

Finally watched Norway–Japan. Let me amend Churchill's quip to "Never, never, never, never trust your defense."

18. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    For the love of the game? For the sake of harmony? To have some company while up there?

(Believing any of this?)

19. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    All of the above. Well, except for "harmony." What's that? And the air is pretty thin up here, now that you mention it; maybe I shouldn't share.

No. I may be an enthusiast, but I'm not a total fool. I expect my happy bubble to be rudely burst on Friday. But at least I know the hour of my execution, and so my plan to is live every minute until then like it's my last!

20. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    OK, there's one fence I'm definitely not on, namely the one between the US and Canada. Oh, Can-a-da, I plan to stand on guard for thee. That one was easy. I like Canada.

And Norway, of course. Heia norske jenter, gå nå på!

Germany-Sweden I refuse to get sucked into.

Which leaves... China-Japan. Easy: Japan. Even without little Tamagotchi playing ;).

So my hopes (rather than firm beliefs):

Canada
    Norway
    Japan
    [Fence]

In the spirit of jocasta and kickinthehead: I've shown you mine, now you show me yours! (And redcard, I don't mean that in the way you think, so no photos please. Photoshopped or no.)

21. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, we're just getting ready for school or work.

22. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I suspect you might actually have been in bed, since I wrote that around 3 or 4am "BS time". Seems like a lifetime ago.

23. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Almost identical, with the obvious difference:

Canada
    Norway
    Japan
    Germany

24. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    My pipe dreams:

Sweden, Sweden, Sweden
    Norway
    Japan
    and...
    I plead the 5th.

25. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Well, well, well... After all the histrionics about the evils of fence-sitting, look who's keeping me company!

Someone might need to give you a leg up. This fence is a high one. And don't forget a cushion.