Rocket City United (NPSL) and 1899 Hoffenheim

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by USAfutbol, Jun 25, 2008.

1. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    I just received an email from a friend of mine who coaches in Alabama. He sent me some small news release of a partnership being formed between an NPSL side there (Rocket City United) and newly promoted Bundelisga debutantes 1899 Hoffenheim.

I don't see anything on the club's website but information that was circulated suggested that the NPSL club is running camps at the end of July for players 10-years old and higher and that the youth sports director and head youth "A" coach would be present from Hoffenheim to evaluate.

It also said that the head coach of the NPSL team is the former head coach of Ajax Orlando, so he has experience with some partnerships like this in the past, I presume.

Does anybody know anything more about these camps or about this club in Alabama? How about the NPSL and it's ability to prepare players for a higher level?

2. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if this is the same camp or not. From http://www.decaturyouthsoccer.com/~docs/Other/brochure 051208.pdf

Rocket City United Camp
    [FONT=Futura Condensed,Futura Condensed]Rocket City United will be offering European style youth training at all camps, for ages 5-14 boys and girls. Emphasizing skill development all while having a fantastic time. Camps will run from 8:30am - 12:30pm, Monday through Friday
    Each camper will receive a Rocket City United camp T-shirt, camp ball and the opportunity to play in the Rocket City United 6v6 tournament on July 26-27. Also, each camper will receive a written evaluation on their strengths and weaknesses.
    [/FONT][FONT=Futura Condensed,Futura Condensed]Cost: $150
    [/FONT][FONT=Futura Condensed,Futura Condensed]Camp Locations
    June 9-13 Monrovia- Sparkman HS
    June 16-20 Athens Soccer Complex
    June 23-27 Decatur - Wilson Park
    July 7-11 Huntsville - Cove Park
    July 14-18 Florence Soccer Complex
    July 21-25 Cullman - Heritage Park
    [/FONT]

3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chelsea and CASL (Raleigh and Cary, NC) have formed a partnership. I wonder if this topic would fit as a sticky?

4. Emperor_Norton

Jun 14, 2007
    Congratulations to Rocket City United. Hoffenheim has the best youth development programme in Germany.